TGIF! Let me just say that the ugly, unfortunate beginning signs of winter have arrived in Wisconsin, and I am NOT okay with it. I mean, not even in the slightest. I continually try to convince Ryan to move to California, but unless I land my dream job of being an E! News correspondent, I don’t think that’s happening any time soon.
Anyways, Ryan and I are headed down to Schaumburg this morning to spend the day with my parents. My mom and I are headed to a local business’ holiday open house to do some damage in the holiday decor department.
Wherever you are and whatever your plans are for the weekend, I hope you have a good one! Here’s a glimpse of my week.
1. Just a quick home update – our home inspection last week couldn’t have gone any better. The inspector didn’t find any issues and basically told us that the house is in pristine condition for being 19 years old. Whew! That was a huge relief. Our appraisal also has been completed, and we are less than 30 days away from closing.
2. I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned this here, but I am a Christmas/holiday season fanatic when it comes to decor. I’m pretty sure I inherited that gene from my mom, and it only seems to get worse with each passing year. Although I won’t be able to go full out this year because of the move, I did order us our very first set of stockings to hang on the new mantel! Pottery Barn was running a 20% off and free shipping deal, so I couldn’t pass these up.
3. Okay, I really can’t get enough of this scarf. Someone may need to intervene.
4. I finally got my hands on a bottle of Batiste dry shampoo on an impromptu trip to TJMaxx. I probably am the last person to give this brand a try – Nadia swears by it, so I’m intrigued to see if it compares to my favorite Suave dry shampoo!
5. It doesn’t matter where I am in the house or what I’m doing, Finley is always watching me. That’s his favorite watchdog spot, and it cracks me up every time that he crawls up there. He will enjoy that spot in the new home because the couch will be right in front of the window looking out into the woods!