What’s Black & White and Red All Over?

I have an addiction to stripes. Yes, stripes. I love them on clothes, in home decor, you name it. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that anything striped is probably my favorite thing to wear during the cooler months.

I found this T-shirt shift dress at Target on clearance during the summer, and I immediately bought it and tucked it away for a cool, sunny fall day. This dress is to-the-max comfortable and paired with a bright red scarf and opaque black tights, I’m able to keep warm even when there is a crisp chill in the air.

Dress: Target
Scarf: Apt. 9, Kohl’s (exact)
Flats: Target (exact)
Purse: Christian Siriano for Payless  (crossbody version // similar)

I need to give a huge shout out to Mia who recently mentioned this purse on her blog; I got to Payless as soon as I could this weekend and was thrilled to see that they still had some left. It’s the perfect bag for fall, and it only added fuel to my already-strong leopard print obsession.

1. Deidre Emme wrote:

Love this look. The stripes with the red are perfection. Also, that cheetah bag. Yes please. Great fall outfit!

Posted 10.8.14 Reply
  2. Caroline wrote:

I 100% agree! Definitely post pictures when you find the right booties! 🙂

Posted 10.8.14 Reply
  3. Michaela wrote:

This outfit is SO cute! Love the photos!

Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

Posted 10.8.14 Reply
  4. You seriously picked all my favorite things in my wardrobe! Stripes, red accents and leopard! Love this outfit!

Posted 10.7.14 Reply
  5. Dang, I wish that dress was still available to buy! I want it in my closet!

6. Thanks, lady!

Posted 10.7.14 Reply
  7. Awe, thanks girl! Ryan is becoming quite the photographer. 🙂 I agree with you about shift dresses – they are universally flattering on anybody and can be styled a multitude of ways regardless of the season!

8. Becky M wrote:

Such a great clearance find!! And you styled it great for fall – love the tights!

Posted 10.7.14 Reply

These photos are so adorable! I love that dress, tshirt shift dresses have become some of my favourite pieces, they are so easy to wear and can be styled so many different ways!

Posted 10.7.14 Reply
  10. Thanks, lady! Those flats are ridiculously comfortable – I'm considering getting a backup pair this year since I wear them so much!

Posted 10.7.14 Reply
  11. Absolutely – I'm all about transitioning clothes from season to season to get more wear out of them. I'll have to pair this with a cardigan next time, and as soon as I find a pair of ankle boots that I like, you can bet that I will rock them with this dress.

12. Thank you!

Posted 10.7.14 Reply
  13. I can't thank you enough for sharing that bag on your blog – I'm in love with it! It's the perfect size and just great for the fall/winter months. And, thank you! I couldn't resist playing with the leaves. 🙂

Posted 10.7.14 Reply
  14. Thanks, girl! I'm all about reusing clothes from season to season.

15. Thanks, lady!

Posted 10.7.14 Reply
  16. Haha, I never used to like tights either until a few years ago. Now, I prefer wearing them with a skirt or dress any day instead of pants! That bag was a great find by Mia.

Posted 10.7.14 Reply
  17. They had some pretty good accessories, I have to admit!

Posted 10.7.14 Reply
  18. Thanks, girl! I bet the olive green version is so cute – and perfect for fall!

Posted 10.7.14 Reply
  19. Mia definitely did me a favor when she shared the news about that bag – I absolutely adore it.

20. Thanks, girl!

Posted 10.7.14 Reply
  21. Can't beat a tee shirt dress, so versatile! Love how you styled it, bet it will transition nicely from season to season. Love those Target flats, so cute!

22. Caroline wrote:

Love it, it looks so cute on you! Boots and a cardigan would also be cute with that dress. I love telling customers at work how they can transition a piece from summer into fall. Or even for winter. It just makes buying something more worth it. I hope that you are having a great day so far too! 🙂

Posted 10.7.14 Reply
  23. I love how you dressed the shift up for fall with some dark tights, flats and a leopard bag! Very cute!

XxMO

Posted 10.7.14 Reply

YAY!! You are ROCKING that bag girl, so glad they had it 🙂 It's going to be the perfect fall bag. That last pic of you is too cute!

25. Ashley Angle wrote:

I love this!! Awesome transition from summer to fall!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Posted 10.7.14 Reply

That scarf adds the perfect pop of color to this outfit!! I love the dress – great look girl!!

Posted 10.7.14 Reply
  27. I would have never guessed that bag was from Payless– what a great find! And yay tights! I love how they look (though I hate how they feel).

Posted 10.7.14 Reply

Cute, cute, cute! I haven't shopped at Payless in a while, I'll have to go check them out!

Posted 10.7.14 Reply
  29. This is the cutest outfit! I have the same dress in olive green and have never thought to pair it with tights to wear when it's cooler… love that idea!

Posted 10.7.14 Reply

Eek! I love stripes too! This is so cute! Definitely the perfect fall outfit. And that bag… gorgeous! So jealous of you and Mia!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 10.7.14 Reply
  31. Love this outfit!! I'm also a lover of stripes. The tights and scarf are perfect for fall.