Wake-Me-Up Makeup

With the gloomy Midwest weather and mounting stress of house hunting and life in general, your girl here has been pretty tired lately – and, I mean tired.

As a result, my skin has been left feeling dull with exceptionally bad under eye circles. I’ve had minimal motivation to do a full-blown face of makeup everyday, but to avoid looking like a zombie when I leave the house, I’ve turned to a few select products to perk me up and bring some life back to my face.

A tinted moisturizer and concealer are musts for me to help even out my skin tone and cover up any active acne. I’ve really come to love this Neutrogena under eye concealer since it also acts as an eye cream, which helps cut down on time and number of products I have to use to still look human.
Benefit’s Rockateur blush has really helped brighten up my cheeks and complexion – this blush not only adds color, but it also has a subtle highlighting effect, too. Benefit’s Gimme Brow also has been a no-brainer product lately since the last thing I’ve wanted to do is spend 10 minutes penciling in my brows. With a few swipes of this product on each brow, my face is framed and any gaps are filled in.
Of course, I finish with one to two coats of my favorite mascara to open up my eyes, and a neutral-toned pink lip gloss helps tie it all together.
This look generally takes me 10 minutes or less, so it is perfect for those days when I don’t want to think a lot about my makeup application.
Do you have any go-to products that help wake you up when you’re feeling tired?

1. CharminglyStyled wrote:

I always need wake me up makeup! I use a tarte concealer that I absolutely love – but I'm going to have to give a few of these a try! xx

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  2. Caroline wrote:

I think that a lot of people get that. :-/ I take vitamin D to help with that, especially during the winter.

Posted 10.21.14 Reply
  3. Ashley Angle wrote:

I'll have to check out that under eye concealer. Honestly, I could use all of this.
    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Posted 10.20.14 Reply

I want to use that bb cream so bad, but I bought it a while back and the light one was too orange for me 🙁 I have used it here and there but I have to mix it with a light foundation which then kind of defeats the purpose haha. I guess that need to make a "You're Pale" version! Gimme brow, heck yes. I would love to try that MUFE concealer, I should get a sample of it soon!

Posted 10.20.14 Reply
  5. Benefit Gimme Brow is the BEST! I used to spend like 5 minutes doing my eyebrows with a pencil but not anymore… more like 30 seconds now! Such a huge time saver.

Posted 10.20.14 Reply
  6. You are too sweet! I agree with you on the coffee, too – lol! Yes, it's supposed to be a beautiful week here, so hopefully the sun will help perk me back up. I'm convinced I have seasonal depression or something!

Posted 10.20.14 Reply
  7. I haven't heard much about the Maybelline BB cream – do you enjoy it?

Posted 10.20.14 Reply
  8. Oh, a toning mist! That sounds heavenly and like a great idea!

Posted 10.20.14 Reply
  9. Make sure you get the Oil-Free version – maybe that's what was causing your skin to get irritated!

Posted 10.20.14 Reply
  10. Right?! I've had that MUFE concealer forever, so considering that I use it every single day, it definitely lasts a long time!

Posted 10.20.14 Reply
  11. You are too kind! I almost debated not including that picture – hello swollen/bloated face! I agree, though that I've been enjoying this look because of how quick it is!

12. Caroline wrote:

You look beautiful, not tired! My go-to product is coffee haha. It was FINALLY sunny here yesterday, and it is supposed to be nice here all week. I hope that it is there for you too! Thanks for sharing these products and I hope that you have a great day! 🙂

Posted 10.20.14 Reply
  13. I've never used the garnier BB Cream, I use the maybeline one everyday though. It does wake up your face!

Sarah
    Midwest Darling

Posted 10.20.14 Reply
  14. I hear you with this weather we've been having! What I feel helps is a toning mist I use on my face before my moisturizer. It helps wake me up a bit and feel refreshed, and lately I can't go without a little extra highlighter on my cheeks to spruce things up!

Posted 10.20.14 Reply

You might be tired, but you still look great! I've used that Neutrogena concealer for a long time, haven't found one I like better! Might have to try that BB cream again, I have a tendency to break out from them, but so many people swear by that one!

Posted 10.20.14 Reply

I swear by that BB cream – it's the best!! I really like Make-Up forever products so I'm going to try that concealer out when my NARS one runs out!! I love routines that are 10 minutes are less – I have 0 time in the mornings so this is perfect!!!

Posted 10.20.14 Reply

I think you look amazing but I know what you mean with stress taking a toll on your skin. I have the same issue. Dark circles and all. Love this quick and easy look! Especially love that you don't look overly made up too so it's perfect for every day!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com