Things That Thrill Me

TGIT, all! The weather has been exceptionally crappy here this week, so I’m hoping the sun comes out for a visit here soon. I wasn’t quite ready for the quick transition in seasons here … but, I digress.

Since it’s Thursday, it’s time for my second installment of Things That Thrill Me! In case you missed it last week, this is a new weekly series that I’ve started that includes a round up of links and images of things that have thrilled me throughout the past week. Enjoy!

Monogrammed Acrylic Business Card Holder. How CUTE is this at an unbelievably affordable price point?! This definitely is going on my Christmas list.

Parmesan Garlic Noodles. Four words: get. in. mah. belly.

The Weekly Freelance Schedule. This is a fantastic post for any freelancer or individual who works from home. I love how she broke down her daily schedule and tasks and how she explains why spending part of Monday mornings on Pinterest actually is productive.

Ombre Long Bob. If I ever had the guts to cut my hair this short, this is exactly how I’d want it to look. Too bad my hair has zero texture and probably would look like a stringy hot mess.

DIY Confetti Poppers. I absolutely love these for a wedding or as a fun party favor. These would work great for any upcoming holiday parties, and you could swap out the confetti colors to correspond with the theme or holiday.

Fake a Pro Blowout with a Curling Iron. I’m not usually one to spend that much time on my hair, but this looks like something I could do fairly quickly once I get the hang on of it.

Free Christmas Fonts. I’ve had the holidays on the brain lately, and I thought these fonts were so fun for holiday-related crafts and cards.

IKEA Billy Bookcase Library Wall – Getting That Built-In Feeling. I’m always intrigued and fascinated by what people do with IKEA furniture – this one is no exception. I’m all about built-ins, and I definitely think this is a doable project in our unknown future home.

1. So glad you enjoyed the post! I made a similar version to those garlic noodles the other night, and they were DELISH.

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  2. Okay, I want my hair to look like that gorgeous blowout every single day…I bet my hair wouldn't end up looking that good if I tried that tutorial! hahaha AND I want to cut my hair sooo bad, but I always regret it. ALWAYS.

Posted 10.21.14 Reply
  3. Deanna wrote:

Love the business card holder. Obsessed with that bob hair cut; if I ever got the balls to cut my hair! I'll have to try the blowout tutorial since I've never gotten one –if I fail, I'll buy one ;D & I'm SO happy you found a DIY confetti popper. I. AM. OBSESSED with those but they're always so pricey! I'm always down for a DIY so this is perfect –thank you!

xx
    Because I'm Obsessed

Posted 10.19.14 Reply
  4. I made a similar version of those noodles they other night, and they were so good!

Posted 10.17.14 Reply
  5. Glad you can feel my straight hair pain! Those blowout curls most likely will only last about a half hour on me, but hey – it may be worth the effort. 🙂

Posted 10.17.14 Reply
  6. Right!? I just wish my hair had some sort of texture so I could pull off that look.

Posted 10.17.14 Reply
  7. Yes, they will be here before we know it!

Posted 10.17.14 Reply
  8. I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers from straight hair problems!

Posted 10.17.14 Reply
  9. Glad you enjoyed the post!

Posted 10.17.14 Reply
  10. I couldn't agree more! I hope we can be half that creative in our new home. 🙂

Posted 10.17.14 Reply
  11. Right?! I feel like I download new fonts on my computer almost daily, lol

Posted 10.17.14 Reply
  12. Those poppers are just too adorable!

Posted 10.17.14 Reply
  13. Girl you should totally do it! I'm a strong advocate for IKEA furniture simply because even though it's affordable doesn't mean it's crap. I'm sure built-ins would look amazing in your house!

Posted 10.17.14 Reply
  14. Ashley Angle wrote:

Love the blow out tutorial! Those noodles sound really good. Love that haircut too. I don't hav texture to my hair either.
    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Posted 10.16.14 Reply
  15. I'm loving that pro blowout tutorial! I'm sure the curls would like for .5 seconds on me, but I might try it anyways! Love that haircut too, but my hair would do the same stringy mess that yours would. haha. Have a great day girl!

Posted 10.16.14 Reply

I love that hair cut/color so much! Sometimes I wish my hair wasn't so dark so I could do fun stuff like that without damaging it haha.

Posted 10.16.14 Reply

Fun ideas and products this week! Is it really time to start thinking about the holidays?!!!

Posted 10.16.14 Reply

Love that business card holder! SO cute! And I know how you feel about the hair cut. I wanted to cut my hair shorter but mine is straight as a board so I felt it wouldn't look good. That Ikea bookshelf looks amazing! It really does look like a built in!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 10.16.14 Reply
  19. Caroline wrote:

I was just talking about Christmas cards with my sister the other day. Crazy how we're already thinking about that! Those built ins are so pretty, I love built ins. My husband does not though. Sigh. That pasta sounds good, and love those confetti poppers! I hope that you have a great day!! 🙂

Posted 10.16.14 Reply
  20. All of those fonts are so fun for the holidays- can't believe they are almost here! And looove those bookcases, people really do make the most creative things just from Ikea furniture!

Posted 10.16.14 Reply
  21. That business cards holder is so cute! You can never go wrong with some awesome built ins, and don't get me started on fonts – love them, and love that the holiday season is around the corner!

Posted 10.16.14 Reply
  22. Becky M wrote:

I need that monogrammed business card holder! Too cute! And I just pinned the DIY poppers!

Posted 10.16.14 Reply
  23. I've been trying to talk my husband into building built in's with IKEA Billy bookcases! He's worried about the quality of them but all of these pictures on Pinterest look AMAZING! I'll probably win him over eventually since this route will be so much cheaper than having them custom built 🙂

Posted 10.16.14 Reply

There is not one single thing I don't like about this post!! The garlic noodles literally made my stomach growl LOL!! I just bought some business cards for the blog so I will be needed that little acrylic holder!!! Happy Thursday!! xo

Posted 10.16.14 Reply