Things That Thrill Me & An Exciting Announcement

Happy Thursday, all!

In case you missed my Instagram announcement earlier this week, Ryan and I bought a house Sunday! We couldn’t be more excited – as you read this, we most likely are at the house for our home inspection.

I will be sharing more details about the home and our experience as we get ready to move and once we are settled, but I wanted to make the official announcement since that was the biggest thrill of my week!

On that note, here are a few other things that have thrilled me throughout the week.

Pretzel Rolls with Beer Cheese Sauce – Milwaukee Style. Well, since I live right outside Milwaukee, obviously I need to give this a try. Nothing I love more than some pretzel rolls and a good beer cheese sauce. Yum!

Free Chalkboard Christmas Gift Tags & Labels. As if we haven’t already been reminded of this enough, the holidays are right around the corner folks! With a pending move, I’m now more determined than ever to get a jump start on all my shopping and wrapping – these tags will definitely be making an appearance this year.

The Difference Between Gray, Grey, Warm Grey, Beige, Greige and Taupe. This is an awesome blog post read for anybody who enjoys these types of colors in their home.

Tank Top Arms Workout. Although I’m not wearing sleeveless shirts anymore, this would be a great workout to keep arms toned throughout the cooler months. I really struggle with weights and arm exercises, so I’m determined to try this one out and stick to it.

How to Cuff Your Jeans with Ankle Boots. Since this is the first year that I’m venturing into wearing ankle boots, I had no idea that there was a right and wrong way to cuff your jeans with them … let alone did I know you were supposed to cuff your jeans with ankle boots. This is full of useful style tips!

Eggplant, Gruyere and Prosciutto Lasagna. Yes, yes, YES. This looks like heaven in a casserole dish.

Staining Oak Cabinets an Espresso Color. Our new home is loaded with outdated oak cabinets; however, they all are solid wood and were custom built for the house, so we aren’t anxious to rip them out and get rid of them. I think the before and after results of this gel stain tutorial are amazing.

1. Ashley Angle wrote:

Congratulations, home owner! How exciting! Can't wait to hear more! That article on cuff rolling was very informative. Who knew?! I need to make those preztels and cheese. I think my husband would love it!
    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

2. Ashley Angle wrote:

Congratulations, home owner! How exciting! Can’t wait to hear more! That article on cuff rolling was very informative. Who knew?! I need to make those preztels and cheese. I think my husband would love it!
    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Posted 10.31.14 Reply
  3. Thanks, girl! And, I know – it took me a while with that article, too, but apparently there is a difference. I'm always learning something about style tricks!

Posted 10.31.14 Reply
  4. Thanks, lady! Inspection went great. 🙂 There have been lots of home goodies on Pinterest lately that's for sure.

Posted 10.31.14 Reply
  5. Thanks, lady! We are anxious to try that stain, maybe on one of the bathroom vanity's to see how it turns out.

6. Thank you!

Posted 10.31.14 Reply
  7. Those tags are printables, so you could use them!

Posted 10.31.14 Reply
  8. Haha, the thought of painting a whole house already overwhelms me! Every wall and ceiling currently is white and in a SEMI-GLOSS PAINT. I mean, what were they thinking? I'm looking forward to making the walls not look like ice!

Posted 10.31.14 Reply
  9. Awe, thanks lady! And, I know – I saw that "grey" link and just knew I had to share it for the benefit of the greater good.

Posted 10.31.14 Reply
  10. I'll be sure to share all sorts of home projects once we get into the new house!

Posted 10.31.14 Reply
  11. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing it took me forever to notice the difference between how the pants were cuffed! I definitely need to check out that article– and CONGRATULATIONS on buying a house!

Posted 10.30.14 Reply
  12. I’m not sure if it’s a good or bad thing it took me forever to notice the difference between how the pants were cuffed! I definitely need to check out that article– and CONGRATULATIONS on buying a house!

Posted 10.30.14 Reply
    • Thanks, girl! And, I know – it took me a while with that article, too, but apparently there is a difference. I’m always learning something about style tricks!

Posted 10.31.14 Reply

Congrats again, so happy for you guys and definitely can't wait to follow along! I loved follow Katie on their journey, and now yours too 🙂 I saw a few of these things on Pinterest too recently, great stuff. Good luck with inspecition!

Posted 10.30.14 Reply

Congrats again, so happy for you guys and definitely can’t wait to follow along! I loved follow Katie on their journey, and now yours too 🙂 I saw a few of these things on Pinterest too recently, great stuff. Good luck with inspecition!

Posted 10.30.14 Reply
    • Thanks, lady! Inspection went great. 🙂 There have been lots of home goodies on Pinterest lately that’s for sure.

Posted 10.31.14 Reply

Congratulations again!! I've seen so many great results of that stain from DIY blogs, and that article on paint families was so helpful!

Posted 10.30.14 Reply

Congratulations again!! I’ve seen so many great results of that stain from DIY blogs, and that article on paint families was so helpful!

Posted 10.30.14 Reply
    • Thanks, lady! We are anxious to try that stain, maybe on one of the bathroom vanity’s to see how it turns out.

17. Lisa C wrote:

The rolls look amazing. And congrats on the house! Now on to the endless world of paint colors.

18. Lisa C wrote:

Posted 10.30.14 Reply

So happy you and Ryan found a house and I can't wait to see it, it looks beautiful! The gift tags are so pretty, need to figure out how to do that myself!

Posted 10.30.14 Reply

So happy you and Ryan found a house and I can’t wait to see it, it looks beautiful! The gift tags are so pretty, need to figure out how to do that myself!

Posted 10.30.14 Reply
  21. Congratulations!!! Fingers crossed everything goes well with the inspection today! Can't wait to see pictures and hear more about it 🙂 And yes, study up on those gray paint colors! I swear they were going to be the death of me, haha!

Posted 10.30.14 Reply
  22. Congratulations!!! Fingers crossed everything goes well with the inspection today! Can’t wait to see pictures and hear more about it 🙂 And yes, study up on those gray paint colors! I swear they were going to be the death of me, haha!

Posted 10.30.14 Reply
    • Haha, the thought of painting a whole house already overwhelms me! Every wall and ceiling currently is white and in a SEMI-GLOSS PAINT. I mean, what were they thinking? I’m looking forward to making the walls not look like ice!

Posted 10.31.14 Reply

I am so excited for you guys and a huge congratulations – what a great feeling!!! I know a few girls who are going to be really happy you shared that "grey" link lol!!

Posted 10.30.14 Reply

I am so excited for you guys and a huge congratulations – what a great feeling!!! I know a few girls who are going to be really happy you shared that “grey” link lol!!

Posted 10.30.14 Reply
    • Awe, thanks lady! And, I know – I saw that “grey” link and just knew I had to share it for the benefit of the greater good.

Posted 10.31.14 Reply

Umm that pretzel roll and beer cheese looks AMAZING. YUM! And let me know how the gel staining goes for you when you try it. I've been wanting to do it to my cabinets!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 10.30.14 Reply

Umm that pretzel roll and beer cheese looks AMAZING. YUM! And let me know how the gel staining goes for you when you try it. I’ve been wanting to do it to my cabinets!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com