The Perfect Nude Pout

I love myself a good nude lip, but I’ve always struggled with finding the right shade that suits my skin tone and features.

Well, that all changed this weekend as I was digging through my lips vanity drawer and came across a few long-forgotten products.

Most nude lip products that I’ve tried in the past have either washed my lips out completely, or they’ve had too strong of a pink undertone. The subtle hint of a brown undertone in the lip liner and lipstick still bring a natural color to my lips, and the gloss adds the perfect amount of a rosy gold sheen to give my lips some life and make them appear fuller.

The best part is that all these products can be purchased at the drugstore, and they wear ridiculously well throughout the day – even better than a couple of my Mac lipsticks.

If you try out this look, be sure to tag me on Instagram @msinthemidwest – I’d love to see your lips!

What are your favorite products for nude lips?

1. 10.28.14

Awe, thanks girl! That means so much to me – I've been working so hard on my photography and Photoshop skills. πŸ™‚

2. 10.28.14

You're so sweet, thank you!

3. 10.28.14

I love the Moxie glosses, so I'll have to check that one out!

4. 10.28.14

Right?! I couldn't agree with you more! They are the easiest to maintain and touch up throughout the day.

5. 10.28.14

I'll have to check out that NYX lip color – I love their products!

6. 10.28.14

The looks fabulous on you and I love the sheen of the L'Oreal gloss! Your pictures and photo collages came out beautifully girl!

7. 10.27.14
    emi said:

that color looks amazing on you!!!

xo welltraveledwife.com

8. 10.27.14

I have such a hard time with nude lips, I always feel like I end up looking washed out. I just recently got some of the Moxie lipgloss at BareMinerals in Rule Breaker and love it. It's a good nude without being "too" nude.

9. 10.27.14

Nude lips are my go to! They just work with everything… and they're the easiest to maintain I find. I do need to start wearing lip liner though… I'll have to check out the Rimmel line!

10. 10.27.14
    Ashley Angle said:

Gorgeous! this looks great on you. My favorite affordable nude lip color is NYX Echo.
    Don't forget to link up with me today!
    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

11. 10.27.14

You are so sweet! I've been working really hard to improve my photography and Photoshop skills, so I appreciate your kind feedback. Although it looks like you are a bit more fair-skinned than me, I think we have similar coloring and features (eyes, hair, etc.) I really think that Rimmel lipstick would work for you, too … let me know if you try it out!

12. 10.27.14

You need to try it! I think it would look great on you. πŸ™‚

13. 10.27.14

Thanks, lady! I used to solely use a nude lip pencil, too with just some clear gloss over it. I'm glad I finally found an actual lipstick that is in the right shade for me. Happy Monday!

14. 10.27.14

Thanks, girl! And, keep looking/trying. You never know what you may come across. πŸ™‚

15. 10.27.14

You are too sweet! You really can't go wrong with a nude lip!

16. 10.27.14

I think you never can go wrong with a nude lip – it's a classic!

17. 10.27.14

I'm thrilled that I finally found the right shades for my skin tone – it goes with any outfit or makeup look!

18. 10.27.14

Thanks, mom!

19. 10.27.14

You are so sweet, thank you!

20. 10.27.14
    Nadia said:

First I just have to say I love your graphics! I love the look of nude lips on other people but the typical nude shades just never seem to look good on me. I'll definitely be checking this colour out – it looks beautiful on you!

21. 10.27.14
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

BEAUTIFUL! Love it. I am not a huge nude lip fan (on myself) but you make me want to try harder haha.

22. 10.27.14
    Caroline said:

You look beautiful, that color is perfect on you! The only nude lip color I have is a NARS velvet gloss lip pencil. I have struggled to find the right nude shade because of my skin tone. :-/ I love the look of a nude lip though! Hope that you had a nice weekend! πŸ™‚

23. 10.27.14

Looks great on you!! I also struggle with finding the right color that works for me.

24. 10.27.14
    Biana Perez said:

You look so pretty!! I'm such a fan of nude colors and probably have like 10 LOL!! You just can't go wrong with this!!

25. 10.27.14
    Tif Fannin said:

Pretty! It seems like nude lips were out for a whiel, but now they're definitely back in! I happened to find a nude lipgloss from Julep for $3.99 and it turned out to be perfect.

26. 10.27.14

Looks good, a nude lip is right up my alley!!

27. 10.27.14
    Debra Stachelski said:

Looking pretty! I love a nude lip, too!

28. 10.27.14
    Pamela said:

Umm love this girl!!! The nude lip is perfect! You look gorgeous!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com