September Favorites: A Little Bit of Everything

It’s Oct. 1, and I’m back, people!

Ryan and I had a great time in Las Vegas – they aren’t kidding when they say that it’s the city where the party never stops. This probably is the first vacation where I’ve ever come home exhausted, but I guess that means that we lived it up and had lots of fun! Thanks for bearing with me as I get back into the groove of things – I should be back on my regular blogging schedule from here on out, but forgive me if I’m absent for a day or two as I catch up.

On that note, it’s time for another month of favorites! Since September was hectic getting ready for vacation and with house hunting, I didn’t try many beauty products or have anything that really stood out as a favorite item. So for this month, I am mixing up this post a bit and sharing my favorites from across the board.

Favorite Song:“Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift. Let’s face it – whether you love Taylor Swift or can’t stand her, this song is pretty damn catchy. I really can’t get enough of it. The cute music video is an added bonus.

Favorite DIY: Fall Wreath DIY Using a Wooden Frame. Even though I switched up the flower pins on my burlap initial wreath, I’m still not quite thrilled with it’s overall feel for fall. I love the unique take on this wreath using a frame instead of a traditional wreath form – I’ll be picking up the supplies for this on my next trip to Michael’s!

Favorite Recipe: Le Man & Wife Baked Spaghetti Pie. This is an oldie but a goodie in our household. I made it for the first time in nearly a year before we left for vacation, and it never ceases to taste amazing. I add a pound of ground meat to the recipe to make it more man friendly – Ryan enjoys the leftovers for days!

Favorite TV Show: Project Runway. Even though all my favorite shows are back on now, Project Runway still holds the top spot in my book. This season has been exceptional – if you’ve been watching, who’s your favorite designer? Hands down, I think Kini should win. I also never can get enough of Nina Garcia’s comments. She’s the best.

Favorite Fall Mantel: Seasonal Elegance: Fall Mantel. Aimee from Aimlessly Elegant killed it with her fall mantel decor. I’m definitely going to take her ideas and translate it to our own mantel at home. Plus, how genius is it that she used a shelf above her TV as a fake mantel since they don’t have a real one?!

Favorite Upcoming Movie Release: Gone Girl. Okay, I truly hated this book. Like, I was super ticked when it was over because I was left unfulfilled, and I wanted the main female character to drop dead. So, in that case, the book is pretty amazing because I’m pretty sure that’s how the author intended for readers to feel since pretty much all the characters involved are despicable people. Anyways, the movie looks pretty awesome and intense – I think it will do the book justice.

Favorite Scent: Bath & Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin. This candle has been burning all day, every day in our house, and my mom recently got the antibacterial soap for me, too. It just smells so. good. It’s the quintessential scent for fall.

What were you loving throughout September?

Linking up with:

1. Krissy wrote:

I love that wreath! How te! I get a bit jealous over mantels because I love them and I don't have one! haha! Gone Girl has been on my reading list but I haven't got to it yet!

xo Krissy @ Sneakers and Sequins

Posted 10.4.14 Reply

Dark Places was my favourite. It's pretty graphic but if that doesn't bother you then I definitely recommend it!

Posted 10.3.14 Reply
  3. Which other books did you like best? I'm trying to find another book by her. πŸ™‚

Posted 10.3.14 Reply
  4. I can't wait to see Gone Girl!!! Like, can't wait! One more day. PS I heard that the ending is different, can't wait to see what they did.

XO Chloe
    A Latte Lipstick

Posted 10.3.14 Reply
  5. tia_cherie wrote:

Great roundup. I have been listening to shake it off too and I want so much the spaghetti pie recipe

Posted 10.2.14 Reply

I thought I was the only one that didn't love Gone Girl. I thought her other books were so much better. I totally felt the same way, the ending seemed really anticlimactic to me! That recipe sounds so up my alley, definitely going to try it out!

Posted 10.2.14 Reply
  7. CharminglyStyled wrote:

I cannot stop listening to "Shake it Off!" It's seriously addicting…oops! Also, I can't wait to hear more about your vegas trip! Arriba! xx

Posted 10.2.14 Reply
  8. Hooray for craft night! What a fun idea. I think that wreath would be a perfect option.

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  9. I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt that way!

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  10. Yes, it's the best! You totally need to make the spaghetti pie – just be sure to add a pound of ground meat, and your man will be in heaven.

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  11. We definitely had a great time! I'm still recovering and catching up on sleep. πŸ™‚ I heard the same thing about the ending of the Gone Girl movie, so that could keep things interesting.

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  12. The movie looks just as good, if not better, than the book. I can't wait for the weekend to see it! I think that frame wreath would be a good option for your door – you'll have to try it out and let me know!

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  13. I hope to have the Vegas recap up next week. πŸ™‚ You must try the spaghetti pie – SO good!

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  14. It's the perfect scent for fall – thank you for the kitchen soap, too!

15. Thanks, girl!

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  16. It's the best fall scent out there – you should try it out!

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  17. Thanks, girl! I had no idea what I was in for when we got home, but sheesh – Vegas definitely isn't the place to go for a relaxing vaca. We had so much fun, though. You know how much I love your mantel – it's the best!

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  18. Right?! I need to make it asap!

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  19. Ha ha – my husband hates anything having to do with her, so it's fun to egg him on a bit!

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  20. Girl, trust me – I couldn't stand that song either, but then as usual, it grew on me. It's just so catchy!

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  21. I hope you enjoy Gone Girl! The spaghetti pie is seriously a no-fail recipe – one of our absolute favorites!

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  22. Thanks, girl! It definitely was a fun (but exhausting!) trip. I knew you would appreciate me including T-Swift's song. πŸ™‚

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  23. Girl, I am loving all of your favorites!
    I've never been a huge fan of T-Swift, but that song is so fun! And I'm hosting a craft night with some friends and had been thinking about what I want to make…I think that picture frame wreath is the winner! It's probably so much cheaper using a frame over wood or foam wreath at Michael's.

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  24. Great wreath DIY! JUST finished Gone Girl today and yes, unsatisfied is definitely how I feel. I also feel like I truly hate a fictional person hah but am looking forward to the movie, too.

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  25. Ummmmmmmm I totally need to make that man spaghetti pie it looks so good! Also I love that mantel as well!! Fall decorating is so fun right?

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  26. You will probably love the movie then- I heard the ending is completely different. I LIKED Gone Girl, but I definitely didn't love it as much as everyone else seems to– that being said, I'm still really looking forward to seeing the movie! Love the fake wreath in that photo- such a great idea if you don't really have a fireplace! I can't wait to hear more about your trip- it sounds like you guys had a great time!

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  27. Welcome back! I'm loving that wreath girl! We have a very narrow space between our front door and screen door, so I have to find thinner wreath options! This is a great idea. I haven't read the book, but I really want to see Gone Girl!

28. Emily Sadlow wrote:

Excited about that movie too! Will have to try out that spaghetti pie recipe… Yum! Off to check out your Vegas recap πŸ™‚

Posted 10.1.14 Reply

I enjoyed your "little bit of everything" today! A yummy looking recipe and lots of Fall decorating and entertainment inspiration! Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin from Bath & Body has long been a favorite of mine! So glad you and Ryan enjoyed your Vegas get-away!

Posted 10.1.14 Reply

I loved all your Vegas pics, so glad you had a good time. Loving all the fall decor πŸ™‚ And yes, that candle, amazing!

31. Caroline wrote:

I'm glad that you had a fun time in Vegas!! I love Vegas. πŸ™‚ Love that fall wreath! Post pictures of yours!! πŸ™‚ Love that Taylor Swift song too, always puts me in a good mood. That candle scent sounds so nice too. I hope that you are having a great day so far! πŸ™‚

32. Aimee Rose wrote:

So glad to hear your had a great trip! Vegas will do that to you, I always leave completely and utterly exhausted! You are so sweet for sharing my mantel!! Thanks girl! That fall wreath is beautiful, love the idea of using the frame, plus it has white pumpkins, and we all know I am obsessed with the white pumpkins!

33. Ashley Angle wrote:

Love Project Runway and can't wait to see Gone Girl! I love really, really love that wreath!
    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

34. Becky M wrote:

That candle sounds like it smells so good!! And I am in love with her new song too – my husband hates it and I just don't get that! I can't wait for the whole CD to come out!

Posted 10.1.14 Reply
  35. Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin is my favorite scent EVER! And I have to admit, I hated the new Taylor Swift song the first time I heard it but now I can't get enough!! It's sooo catchy! Glad you guys had a fun trip, can't wait to hear all about it πŸ™‚

Posted 10.1.14 Reply

So happy you guys had a great time and can't wait on the full recap!! I just started reading Gone Girl yesterday (LOL) so I'm really excited for the movie – I actually like that I have a face to put to the characters!! That mantle is so pretty – makes me wish I had one for the holidays!! That spaghetti pie looks really good – pinning that one for later!!

Posted 10.1.14 Reply

Yay! Glad you're back and that you guys had an amazing time!! So jealous, I haven't been to Vegas in years! LOVE T-Swift's new song, obviously! And sweet cinnamon pumpkin is also one of my favorite fall scents!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 10.1.14 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney