Can I get an “eh-oh!” for Friday?! I’m trying to get creative with my intros for these weekly posts – clearly, I’m failing.
This weekend is going to be packed full between house hunting, groceries, errands, a visit (hopefully!) to the pumpkin patch, and an overnight visit from my sister and brother-in-law. It should definitely be a busy and fun time.
Wherever you are and whatever your plans are, I hope you have a fantastic weekend! Here’s a quick recap of my week.
1. I finally got around to my own seasonal closet cleaning, and needless to say, I’m not lacking in cream or white sweaters. It was great to take inventory of my fall and winter clothes because there definitely are some significant gaps that I need to fill – I didn’t even have a simple black sweater until Wednesday night! (see #3 for more details)
2. As mentioned above, we are venturing out on our first round of house hunting in Fond du Lac, Wis., this weekend! We have six showings set up, and barring anything major, we are fairly confident there is a house in there that we potentially could put an offer on. More to come!
3. Since I was desperate to get out of the house Wednesday night, Ryan and I headed to Target so I could take advantage of the bogo sale they currently are running on all the sweaters. In addition to that, I picked up this awesome little number off the clearance rack. I’m looking forward to pairing it with a long white tunic, faux leather leggings and black ankle boots. But really, I think it will be a pretty versatile piece throughout the colder months.
4. When my sister comes this weekend, she is going to work her decorating and staging magic on our house, particularly our glass buffet display case from Ikea. That darn thing has had me stumped ever since we moved into this house – I originally wanted to make it a bar cabinet, but the shelf inside doesn’t allow for tall glasses or bottles – so I’m hoping my sister can turn it into something fun to look at.
5. My mom got this Halloween bat toy for Finley when we were there a couple weeks ago for a friend’s wedding, and it has provided him (and us) the best entertainment since. Ryan and I have named him Todd Kraines – bonus points to you if you watch the Kardashian’s and understand that reference. Honestly, having a dog is some of the best free and mindless entertainment you can ever have.