High Five for Friday

Can I get an “eh-oh!” for Friday?! I’m trying to get creative with my intros for these weekly posts – clearly, I’m failing.

This weekend is going to be packed full between house hunting, groceries, errands, a visit (hopefully!) to the pumpkin patch, and an overnight visit from my sister and brother-in-law. It should definitely be a busy and fun time.

Wherever you are and whatever your plans are, I hope you have a fantastic weekend! Here’s a quick recap of my week.

1. I finally got around to my own seasonal closet cleaning, and needless to say, I’m not lacking in cream or white sweaters. It was great to take inventory of my fall and winter clothes because there definitely are some significant gaps that I need to fill – I didn’t even have a simple black sweater until Wednesday night! (see #3 for more details)

2. As mentioned above, we are venturing out on our first round of house hunting in Fond du Lac, Wis., this weekend! We have six showings set up, and barring anything major, we are fairly confident there is a house in there that we potentially could put an offer on. More to come!

3. Since I was desperate to get out of the house Wednesday night, Ryan and I headed to Target so I could take advantage of the bogo sale they currently are running on all the sweaters. In addition to that, I picked up this awesome little number off the clearance rack. I’m looking forward to pairing it with a long white tunic, faux leather leggings and black ankle boots. But really, I think it will be a pretty versatile piece throughout the colder months.

4. When my sister comes this weekend, she is going to work her decorating and staging magic on our house, particularly our glass buffet display case from Ikea. That darn thing has had me stumped ever since we moved into this house – I originally wanted to make it a bar cabinet, but the shelf inside doesn’t allow for tall glasses or bottles – so I’m hoping my sister can turn it into something fun to look at.

5. My mom got this Halloween bat toy for Finley when we were there a couple weeks ago for a friend’s wedding, and it has provided him (and us) the best entertainment since. Ryan and I have named him Todd Kraines – bonus points to you if you watch the Kardashian’s and understand that reference. Honestly, having a dog is some of the best free and mindless entertainment you can ever have.

Linking up with:
the ladies at oh, Hey Friday! | the ladies at Five on Friday

1. CompassionateLee wrote:

Haha, yes it was hilarious πŸ™‚ And, I enjoyed a restful Sunday. I hope your Monday provided a great start for the rest of the week πŸ™‚

2. Tif Fannin wrote:

Love a good closet cleanout! I just did mine as well, and it makes you feel like a new person! And great Target clearance find!

Posted 10.27.14 Reply
  3. That is SO exciting about the house, can't wait to find out more details!! I found the jacket at my Target, just not in my size πŸ™ They had a lot of cute ones, but my size must have been a popular one because it was sold out across the board!

Posted 10.27.14 Reply
  4. Thank you! Hope your weekend was great, too!

Posted 10.27.14 Reply
  5. Right?! I couldn't believe it when I found it on the clearance rack. I can't wait to wear it. We had wonderful luck house hunting this weekend – we may or may not be homeowners now … πŸ™‚ More to come!

Posted 10.27.14 Reply
  6. But even the glass cabinet stumped you!

Posted 10.27.14 Reply
  7. It's me, it's Todd Kraines! Lol! Definitely can't wait to wear that jacket – it's so lightweight! Hope you had a wonderful weekend. πŸ™‚

Posted 10.27.14 Reply
  8. I'm so glad you and a few others understood the Kardashian reference. I literally crack up anytime I see clips from those episodes!

Posted 10.27.14 Reply
  9. It was a crazy busy weekend, but a very memorable one! Hope you had a nice weekend, too. πŸ™‚

Posted 10.27.14 Reply
  10. I think we all have that problem!

Posted 10.27.14 Reply
  11. If you've been on Instagram, you probably already know the news about the house. πŸ™‚ I'll be sharing more later this week for sure. Did you find the jacket at your Target? I cannot wait to wear mine! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Posted 10.27.14 Reply
  12. Finn is attached to that toy like no other!

Posted 10.27.14 Reply
  13. I couldn't believe I didn't have just a plain black sweater – Target quickly solved that problem for me! I hope you had a wonderful weekend with your gender reveal party!

Posted 10.27.14 Reply
  14. I admire your self control with Target right now – I'm not sure I could ever have the willpower to do that. Quilted faux leather leggings would look amazeballs on you – I'm not sure I could pull them off with my sausage thighs! Hope you had a great weekend. πŸ™‚

Posted 10.27.14 Reply
  15. I really had no idea that I had that many cream sweaters … it's my thing, I guess. πŸ™‚ I can't wait to bust out that Target jacket. And, we had some pretty damn good luck house hunting this weekend. More to come! Hope you had a great one!

Posted 10.27.14 Reply
  16. I'm so glad somebody understood the Todd Kraines reference, lol! Hope you had a fantastic weekend. πŸ™‚

17. mdb0112 wrote:

Love your find at Target! Also, Finley is adorable. Hope you had a great weekend! xo

Posted 10.26.14 Reply

I hope you find something you like this weekend! Tyler and I have been house hunting for months, we're finding location is the hardest part so at least you've got that down! You got that jacket at Target? What an amazing score!

19. Kristy Simon wrote:

I can't wait to come visit you, Ryan, Finn & Todd Kraines this weekend! Oh, and I also can't wait to get my decor mojo on that glass cabinet!

20. Becky M wrote:

Bahah to the kardashian reference!! Love that grey jacket! Happy weekend girly!

Posted 10.24.14 Reply

Bahaha Todd Kraines! Can't wait to hear how your house hunting goes this weekend, good luck! LOVE that clearance score πŸ™‚ And yup, I'll give ya an EH-OH for Friday!

Posted 10.24.14 Reply
  22. It sounds like you have a busy, but productive weekend ahead! Love that picture of all of your sweaters- they all look so pretty and cozy! What a great Target find too!

Posted 10.24.14 Reply
  23. I really need to get my closet organized… I honestly forget that I have certain clothes.

Sarah
    Midwest Darling

Posted 10.24.14 Reply
  24. Ok, I'm in love with that Target find, mine better have one! Best of luck with the house hunting, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys. Have a great weekend with your sister, you better share some of those styled pics once she's finished!

Posted 10.24.14 Reply

Hope "house hunting" goes well for you and Ryan this weekend, can't wait to hear all about it! I'm so glad Finn loves his toy, I thought it was pretty cute myself! Have a fun weekend!

Posted 10.24.14 Reply
  26. It looks like you collect white sweaters like I collect black ones! haha. My sweater collection is similar, but I always need new ones somehow πŸ™‚ Good luck with househunting! Post some pics to Instagram so we can see them! Have a great weekend girl!

Posted 10.24.14 Reply
  27. I have been trying to avoid Target. I was so proud of myself at the last trip I actually bought what I went in there for and only two additional things one from the dollar bins…..I love your find! I am on the hunt for a pair of the quilted faux leather leggings but all of mine are out! Your little man is so dang cute! Hope you have a great weekend girl!

Posted 10.24.14 Reply

I tried that same jacket on at Target, but decided not to buy it and now I'm sad I didn't pick it up!! Girl you have a ton of cream sweaters πŸ™‚ Hope the house hunt is fruitful for you guys!! Happy weekend girl! xo

29. CompassionateLee wrote:

Eh-oh!!!!! This intro was perfect πŸ™‚ Great find at Target! ahahahaha at the reference to "Lord Disick" aka Todd Kraines ("hey Kris!… It's your old buddy, Todd Kraines) I needed that laugh Enjoy a restful weekend, Karly πŸ™‚

Posted 10.24.14 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney