High Five for Friday

We’ve reached the end of another week – where in the world is 2014 going?! Although I’m thrilled that the holidays are right around the corner, I also really can’t believe that the holidays are right around the corner. Sheesh.
Anyways, the Midwest experienced quite a few gloom and doom weather days this week, which led to a lot of productivity around the house and couch/TV time. It was a real exciting week, I tell ya. Hence my sarcasm. Here’s to hoping for a slightly more entertaining weekend.
Wherever you are and whatever plans you have, I hope you have a fantastic weekend! Here’s a quick recap of my week.

1. I just want to say a quick THANK YOU to all of you who commented on Tuesday’s outfit post and left comments on Instagram about the same outfit. You sure know how to make a girl smile and feel good about herself. I also need to give a shout out to my handsome husband and best-looking date a girl could ever have.

2. After taking a step back and reevaluating our house hunting process, Ryan and I have decided to start looking at homes in Fond du Lac, Wis., where he works. We originally were against this, but the more we thought about it, why wouldn’t we move closer to his job? It’s only another 20 minutes from where we originally were looking, and it seems like there are more homes available that fit our style and criteria. This definitely hasn’t been a dull experience thus far, and I look forward to continue sharing more updates!
3. Has anyone else been watching How to Get Away With Murder? We finally binge-watched all the episodes that I had recorded on the DVR, and we are hooked. Dare I say that it’s better than Scandal?
4. You guys – I FINALLY found ankle boots that matched the vision I had in my head. And, where do you think they are from? Target, nonetheless. I was lucky enough to find two styles that I loved, so I got a pair in black and cognac. If you’re on the hunt for boots, be sure to check out Target this week while their annual boot sale is going on.
5. I kid you not – this is how Finn was sleeping on me the other night. I don’t think he quite realizes yet that he’s no longer 8 lbs. I certainly don’t mind, though.

Linking up with:

the ladies at oh, Hey Friday! | the ladies at Five on Friday

1. Ashley wrote:

Thursday nights are my TV night! Love both Scandal and HTGAWM! Target is where it's at.. made a stop by there last week and puppy snuggles are the best! I don't ever want to get up with mine are snuggling with me.. even if I am all sorts of uncomfortable LOL! Stopping by from the linkup and following along 🙂

Posted 10.20.14 Reply
  2. ElleSees.blogspot.com wrote:

i love that show–i try every week to get into scandal and i just can't. but this one…love it!

Posted 10.20.14 Reply
  3. Aww Finn! He's the cutest. Can't wait to see where your house search takes you! We initially thought we were going to live in a different city, too but then realized why make Nick commute 40 minutes each way?! Now he's only 8 minutes away from work and it's sooo nice. Hope you guys had a good weekend!

Posted 10.19.14 Reply
  4. Jennifer Duncan wrote:

You look so pretty in that picture, i love your makeup!
    Thanks for linking up with me!
    Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife

Posted 10.19.14 Reply
  5. The Sequin Notebook wrote:

Yes, I am completely obsessed with How to Get Away with Murder! It's just so soapy and addictive, and I can't get enough!

Posted 10.19.14 Reply
  6. It is such an awesome show! We've really been enjoying it. Thanks for the well wishes with house hunting – it's definitely been an interesting experience so far!

Posted 10.18.14 Reply
  7. You are SO sweet, thank you. 🙂 Target has been killing it in the boots department lately. I just got my cognac pair in the mail, and I'm not sure yet if I'm going to keep them, but they are super cute nonetheless. Happy Saturday!

Posted 10.18.14 Reply
  8. Yes, the show is so awesome! Happy Saturday!

9. Awe, thanks Sarah!

Posted 10.18.14 Reply
  10. I promise I will share photos of the boots very soon – I just received my cognac pair in the mail today, and I'm not quite sure yet if I'm going to keep them. The black ones, though, are perfection. 🙂

Posted 10.18.14 Reply
  11. I think you're right about Finn! So glad to hear that you've been binge watching Scandal – that is the way to do it!

Posted 10.18.14 Reply
  12. I sure hope so – for first time home buyers, we definitely already have learned a lot and been through a lot of experiences throughout this process that I don't think are normal! Oh well – hopefully starting fresh in a new area will bring back some fun to the process. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Posted 10.18.14 Reply
  13. I will post pictures of my booties soon for sure – I just got my brown pair in the mail, and I'm deciding if I like them enough to keep. We will see!

Posted 10.18.14 Reply
  14. Last week's HTGAWM was on another level – I know it wasn't supposed to be a funny ending, but I was cracking up because that is not what I was expecting her to say! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

Posted 10.18.14 Reply
  15. I think Finn is a lap dog for life regardless of how big he gets! Hope you're having a good weekend. 🙂

Posted 10.18.14 Reply
  16. Thanks, girl! Hope you're having a great weekend so far!

Posted 10.18.14 Reply
  17. Both those episodes were OMG this week! We are excited to get up to FDL and find the house of our dreams (hopefully). Finn definitely is something!

Posted 10.18.14 Reply
  18. I agree with you – Scandal was especially good this past week!

19. Thank you!

20. Tiffany {A Touch of Grace} wrote:

I am in love with How To Get Away With Murder! It is fabulous!

Good luck with the house hunting! It's a fun process but can definitely be a bit stressful.

Posted 10.17.14 Reply
  21. That last picture is so adorable! I love that he was sleeping like that, and it's always so satisfying when you find a pair of boots you've had in your mind- Target has SO many cute ones right now. And I still can't get over how perfect your hair (and makeup) is from the wedding! You guys look great!

22. Leslie wrote:

Oh my gosh, that pup! So adorable! I keep hearing about How to Get Away with Murder, I officially have to add it to my lineup. Love the post, happy weekend 🙂

Posted 10.17.14 Reply
  23. that is the sweetest dog over.

stopping by for High Five For Friday 🙂

Sarah
    Midwest Darling

Posted 10.17.14 Reply

I want to see these boots you speak of 🙂 Finn looks ultra comfy for sure!!

25. Ashley Angle wrote:

I bet Finn is a lap dog for life! I'll have to check out How to Get Away with Murder. I've been binge watching Scandal and love it!
    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Posted 10.17.14 Reply
  26. Yay for finding the booties you were looking for, can't wait to see them! I hear you on this week, it's been killing me! Thank goodness I woke up to some sunshine today. Good luck on the house hunt, hopefully this decisions leads you to what you are looking for, happy weekend girl!

27. Caroline wrote:

It has been gloomy here all week too. The sun is finally out today though, YAY! Glad that you found some ankle booties that you like, post some pictures! Speaking of pictures, that one of you and Finn is so cute. I hope that you have a great weekend lady! 🙂

Posted 10.17.14 Reply

I am such a fan of HTGAWM – such a great show and I don't know if you caught last nights episode but the last three minutes were amazing!!! Love that sweet photo of you and Finn!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

Posted 10.17.14 Reply
  29. Oh my gosh that picture of Finn is so cute and hilarious at the same time!! Glad you guys have another area to look at for houses. Have a great weekend!

Posted 10.17.14 Reply

That picture of Finn… OMG! SO cute! And I hope you guys find the perfect house for you! Happy Friday!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 10.17.14 Reply

All I can say about Scandal and How to Get Away With Murder this week is – OMG! Happy house hunting in Fond du Lac, I think you will find a house you love there. Love the picture of you and Finn, he is really something else! Happy weekend!

32. rebeccajo wrote:

I like How to get away with murder… but Scandal still holds the special place in my heart. Love Fitz & Olivia!!!

33. Anna James wrote: