High Five for Friday

Happy Friday, people!
How was your week? Things were and continue to be pretty busy around here, which I welcome with open arms and gratitude – I’ve been forced to tackle numerous to-do lists and tasks that have been neglected around the house, so I consider this past week a good one.
We are headed back to my hometown of Schaumburg, Ill., this afternoon to attend a wedding tomorrow. Ryan’s old college roommate and a girl that I went to high school with are tying the knot – what are the odds of that?! It should be fun to see who from my high school is at the wedding and if any of us remember one another.
On that note, wherever you are and whatever you plan to do this weekend, I hope you have a good one! Here’s a recap of my week.

1. Thank you to everyone who left kind words on yesterday’s post about Ryan and mine’s house search. ICYMI – we ended up walking away from the first home that we made an offer on. The entire process was poorly handled by all parties involved, including our own realtor, which ended up making the situation rather stressful and simply not fun for the two of us. In hindsight, we know we made the right decision and don’t regret it, but to say we are not a little disappointed and discouraged would be a lie. We know house hunting can take some time, so we are optimistic that the perfect home for us is out there!
2. Despite the stress surrounding the home over the weekend, we managed to have a quiet wedding anniversary at home. Ryan surprised me with roses, and we started our cake and wedding photos tradition. I was so excited to bring out our personalized I Do/Me Too forks from our wedding day.

3. Whenever we head back to Schaumburg for a weekend, I always try to bring a bag or two of clothes and accessories to sell at Plato’s Closet. This weekend will absolutely not be an exception to that trend; I did a major closet purge yesterday, and it felt so. darn. good. I think I enjoy getting rid of stuff more than the average person should. Cheers to fall clothes shopping!
4. Thanks to Mia, I was able to find the Christian Siriano leopard-print purse at Payless a few days ago. It’s already my new go-to bag, and I don’t think I’ll be switching over to anything else in the near future. Even Finn loves it! Be sure to check out my outfit post from this week to see the bag on display in its full glory.

5. It was a big week for our little fur-man. Finn turned five weeks old, and he had his first puppy training class! We do have some work to do, but I think it will be a lot of fun to train him and finally get him to understand some of the phrases and concepts that we’ve been trying to teach him on our own. One thing he sure knows how to do though is pose for the camera – no first day of school would be complete without a photo! Future human children: beware.
Linking up with:
the ladies at oh, Hey Friday! | the ladies at Five on Friday

I'm sorry the house didn't end up working out for you, but there are plenty of fish in the sea as they say! You reminded me I need to finally take all my purged clothes somewhere to get rid of them this weekend. I just looked up Plato's Closet and they have locations near me! How picky are they usually with what you bring in?

Posted 2.2.15 Reply
  2. emi wrote:

i love these updates and that last photo especially!! you have a great attitude about the house hunt, remember the right things happen!!

xo welltraveledwife.com

Posted 10.14.14 Reply
  3. Thanks, girl! I absolutely love those forks – they are from Jessica N. Designs on Etsy if you're looking for some. They also have our wedding date engraved on the handles. Hope you had a wonderful weekend! xo

Posted 10.13.14 Reply
  4. Thanks for the house thoughts! We will find the right one eventually – it just takes time I'm sure. I always have had great luck at Plato's, but they were extra-picky this past weekend. I'm guessing that their inventory was pretty full, so they weren't looking for some of the stuff that I brought in. It really just depends on the store/location. It's always worth a shot, though!

Posted 10.13.14 Reply
  5. Thanks, girl!

Posted 10.13.14 Reply
  6. Trust me – it's going in a frame on my desk ASAP! Plato's didn't pay me as well as they usually do, but oh well – better than nothing! Hope you had a great weekend and that the house is coming along!

Posted 10.13.14 Reply
  7. I saw your comment Friday but am just now having a chance to respond – it made my entire weekend! I was cracking up at how sweet you are. I have Ryan to thank for that cute photo – it definitely is going in a frame on my desk! I'm so sorry to hear that you had a similar experience in trying to sell your home – it just isn't an easy thing! I guess we both need to keep the faith. Hope you had a fantastic weekend!

Posted 10.13.14 Reply
  8. Thanks, girl!

Posted 10.13.14 Reply
  9. I can't even believe sometimes that Finn only was 8 pounds when we got him – he's gotten so big!

Posted 10.13.14 Reply
  10. Yes, it was the perfect anniversary. This weekend was a lot of fun – I sure am tired. Hope you had a good one, too!

Posted 10.13.14 Reply
  11. That would be so fun to have a meet up in the future! Hope you had a nice weekend. 🙂

Posted 10.13.14 Reply
  12. LOL, I do that ALL the time! And then Ryan lectures me about how I hastily got rid of it, and it's my own fault that I'm now regretting it. Typical. 🙂 Happy Sunday!

Posted 10.13.14 Reply
  13. It was a fun trip! If I could live in a house with no clutter, I'm pretty sure my life would be made. 🙂 Happy Sunday!

Posted 10.12.14 Reply
  14. I didn't have as much luck at Plato's as I normally do, so I may do a mini Instagram sale in the coming days. Hope you had a great weekend!

Posted 10.12.14 Reply
  15. Thanks, lady! It definitely was the perfect weekend for our wedding anniversary. Hope you had a good weekend!

Posted 10.12.14 Reply
  16. How darling are those forks??? How did your cake taste? Love that first day of school picture you both look fabulous 😉 Hope you have a fab weekend girl! xoxoxo

17. oh that dinner looks amazing! That's so sweet 🙂

Sarah
    Midwest Darling

Posted 10.10.14 Reply
  18. Plato's Closet is the BEST! Nothing better than getting cash for your old clothes… so you can just go and buy new ones 🙂 And seriously dying over the first day of school picture. Frame that!! Happy Friday!

Posted 10.10.14 Reply

Karly, I just melted over that first day of school pic. Seriously, I'm a puddle at my desk. So cute! I adore the purse & Finn pic too! So sorry the house hunting isn't going great. That is how I felt about our recent try to sell our home, it just was so crappy and left the worst taste in my mouth. You will find the right house, for sure 🙂 Have the best weekend, good luck at Plato's!

20. Kelly Mock wrote:

Aww! Happy anniversary! That cake looks yummy!

21. Ashley Angle wrote:

Finn is getting so big! that's a great picture of you two! Great handbag. Love that you guys were able to have a quiet evening to spend together for your anniversary.
    ~Ashle @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

22. Becky M wrote:

Sometimes quiet anniversaries are the best! Have a lot of fun at the wedding this weekend!

23. Caroline wrote:

Aww Finn! So cute. Happy belated Anniversary too!! Your tradition really sweet too. I can't even remember the last time that we looked at our wedding album together. Have fun back home, maybe we can meet in the city some day! 🙂

Posted 10.10.14 Reply
  24. Happy belated Anniversary! Those forks are super cute. Sounds like a great tradition. You are not the only one who is obsessed with purging/getting rid of things! I usually go a little too far and then I look at old pictures and wonder where that outfit went. lol. Have a great weekend girl!

Posted 10.10.14 Reply
  25. We definitely have to arrange a meet up sometime!! Hope you enjoy your time back home and at the wedding! I LOVE getting rid of stuff, it feels so good! Someday I want to live with no clutter, when they day is, I have no idea! That picture of you and Fin is just perfection. Have a great trip!

Posted 10.10.14 Reply

Aww have fun at the wedding this weekend! I always wonder who I'll run into when I go back to my hometown… and if I'll remember/recognize any one! And I totally need to do a closet purge and then go to Plato's… I haven't done that in forever. It could use a good cleaning LOL! Have a great weekend!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 10.10.14 Reply

I love the way you both celebrated your anniversary – just perfect!!! Wedding weekends are the best – hope you have so much fun and girl I'm with you – I love selling and donating clothes!! xo

Posted 10.10.14 Reply

• It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft