How was your week? Things were and continue to be pretty busy around here, which I welcome with open arms and gratitude – I’ve been forced to tackle numerous to-do lists and tasks that have been neglected around the house, so I consider this past week a good one.
We are headed back to my hometown of Schaumburg, Ill., this afternoon to attend a wedding tomorrow. Ryan’s old college roommate and a girl that I went to high school with are tying the knot – what are the odds of that?! It should be fun to see who from my high school is at the wedding and if any of us remember one another.
On that note, wherever you are and whatever you plan to do this weekend, I hope you have a good one! Here’s a recap of my week.
1. Thank you to everyone who left kind words on yesterday’s post about Ryan and mine’s house search. ICYMI – we ended up walking away from the first home that we made an offer on. The entire process was poorly handled by all parties involved, including our own realtor, which ended up making the situation rather stressful and simply not fun for the two of us. In hindsight, we know we made the right decision and don’t regret it, but to say we are not a little disappointed and discouraged would be a lie. We know house hunting can take some time, so we are optimistic that the perfect home for us is out there!
2. Despite the stress surrounding the home over the weekend, we managed to have a quiet wedding anniversary at home. Ryan surprised me with roses, and we started our cake and wedding photos tradition. I was so excited to bring out our personalized I Do/Me Too forks from our wedding day.
3. Whenever we head back to Schaumburg for a weekend, I always try to bring a bag or two of clothes and accessories to sell at Plato’s Closet. This weekend will absolutely not be an exception to that trend; I did a major closet purge yesterday, and it felt so. darn. good. I think I enjoy getting rid of stuff more than the average person should. Cheers to fall clothes shopping!
4. Thanks to Mia, I was able to find the Christian Siriano leopard-print purse at Payless a few days ago. It’s already my new go-to bag, and I don’t think I’ll be switching over to anything else in the near future. Even Finn loves it! Be sure to check out my outfit post from this week to see the bag on display in its full glory.
5. It was a big week for our little fur-man. Finn turned five weeks old, and he had his first puppy training class! We do have some work to do, but I think it will be a lot of fun to train him and finally get him to understand some of the phrases and concepts that we’ve been trying to teach him on our own. One thing he sure knows how to do though is pose for the camera – no first day of school would be complete without a photo! Future human children: beware.
You can adjust all of your cookie settings by navigating the tabs on the left hand side.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.