High Five for Friday – Halloween Edition

Happy Friday, and Happy Halloween, everybody!
In holiday spirit, I thought it would be fun – and rather hysterical – to forgo my usual weekly recap and instead share five years worth of Halloween photos. Oh yeah, this is some good material, folks.
So, wherever you are and whatever your plans are for the weekend, I hope you have fun and stay safe! Here’s a walk down Halloween memory lane.

1. Freshman year of college, my closest friend and I decided it would be hilarious to go as Regina George from Mean Girls when they cut holes in her white tank top, and she walks around with her purple bra exposed. I mean, it was genius. We even bought the rhinestone R initial necklace from Claire’s. And, can we discuss how long my hair was and how stinkin’ skinny I was?! Those were the days.

2. Sophomore year, it was a last minute decision to dress up and go out for Halloween. Without much time, I bought this dress for cheap from Forever 21 and decided to go as Madonna circa the Like A Virgin era. Everything was great until one of the straps broke on the dress, which resulted in someone duct taping the dress to my back. Yeah, long story.

3. Junior year was the first year Ryan and I decided to do a couple’s costume. Since we were (and still are) obsessed with the movie Anchorman, we found it natural to go as Ron Burgundy and Veronica Corningstone. Those suits were awesome Goodwill finds – I’m pretty sure Ryan still has his.

4. Who’s that Spartan in your teepee? It’s me, it’s me! Please tell me some of you remember this SNL skit with Will Ferrel and Cheri O’Teri. Ryan and I learned all the cheers, and we may or may not have performed them throughout the night.

5. Okay, so this technically isn’t us dressed up as anything, but it’s one of my favorite Halloween memories. A few years ago, I finally got to take Ryan to the pumpkin patch that my parents always took us growing up. It’s one of my favorite places to go, and of course I forced him to take pictures with all the cartoon characters. He was a good sport about it, and it was fun to think that in the distant future we could be taking our kids to the same place!

Linking up with:

the ladies at oh, Hey Friday! | the ladies at Five on Friday

1. CharminglyStyled wrote:

Brian and I went as the SNL cheerleaders one year – it was awesome! Love all your costumes 🙂

Posted 11.3.14 Reply
  2. mdb0112 wrote:

Love your costumes! The Mean Girls one is awesome! Enjoy your weekend, friend!

champagneandsuburbs.blogspot.com

Posted 11.1.14 Reply
  3. Carly Van Loe wrote:

Your Madonna costume was perfect!

The Doctor Diva

Posted 11.1.14 Reply
  4. You've had some really good costumes! The Mean Girls one is genius!! Happy Halloween, hope you guys have a great weekend!

Posted 10.31.14 Reply
  5. Ashley Angle wrote:

These costumes are all so creative! I'm impressed!
    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Posted 10.31.14 Reply
  6. Okay these are seriously all so impressive! I can't even pick a favorite- hope you guys have a good weekend!

Posted 10.31.14 Reply

How fun! I don't think I had even seen pictures of you in all those costumes! So many happy memories of Goebbert's, hope to make more in the future!

Posted 10.31.14 Reply

OK your costumes have been amazing!! Looking back on college – I dont like to see how skinny I was LOL…just depresses me! Hope you have a great weekend!!

Posted 10.31.14 Reply
  9. Love the mean girls outfits! And yes, it's so depressing looking at how skinny I was back then! But you look great 🙂 Have a good Halloween weekend!

Posted 10.31.14 Reply

FUN! I love the Madonna one 🙂 And couples costumes are the best! Hope you have a great Halloween and weekend! XO

Posted 10.31.14 Reply
  11. I Love ALL of these!! Probably b/c I wanna steal the Ron Burgundy and Veronica Corningstone one for a future Halloween. Happy Halloween lady 😀

Posted 10.31.14 Reply

Umm loving all of your costumes! You did such a good job! And for the Madonna costume being last minute you totally nailed it! The duct tape thing sucks though. Happy Halloween!!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com