Feeling Navy

I’ve always loved the color navy, but I’ve never had many pieces in my closet in that color. I’m not exactly sure why – just how I consider black or grey neutral colors, navy is just as versatile. It can be worn with a number of different color combinations, especially throughout the fall and winter months.

Vest: TJMaxx (similar & on sale!)
Sweater: Target (exact)
Jeans: Old Navy (exact)
Riding Boots: Bass Outlet (similar)
Leopard Tassel Necklace: Style This Life via Etsy
When I found this vest more than a month ago, I knew it would be the perfect introduction of navy into my wardrobe. Since it’s an outwear piece, I can pair it with different sweaters and long sleeve tees, all the while keeping warm without adding bulk.
Also, if you haven’t checked out Paige’s Etsy shop, you’re missing out. Her claim to fame is her interchangeable tassel bracelets, but I simply couldn’t resist this leopard tassel necklace when it was on sale. You can’t beat the prices on any of her pieces!

1. CharminglyStyled wrote:

We have very similar backgrounds this week – fall is so gorgeous right now! Love these photos lady! xx

Posted 10.30.14 Reply
  2. I've been hearing that Old Navy has had some great vests, so I'll have to check it out. I'm sure one in olive would be perfect for this time of year.

Posted 10.29.14 Reply
  3. Yes, you should! Paige has some great items in her shop.

Posted 10.29.14 Reply
  4. Right?! I've been wearing it with everything!

Posted 10.29.14 Reply
  5. Awe, thanks girl! I don't curl my hair very often, so it was fun to change it up a bit. I'll have to check out Old Navy for vests!

Posted 10.29.14 Reply
  6. Tif Fannin wrote:

I need a Navy vest now! Stunning pictures! I've tried to incorporate more olive and navy into my wardrobe this fall. I picked up the Old Navy vest that's similar to yours in olive and love it.

Posted 10.29.14 Reply
  7. jillian wrote:

ahh i LOVE that necklace! i need to go check out that etsy shop. xo jillian – stop by! I'm hosting a giveaway on cornflake dreams

Posted 10.29.14 Reply
  8. Ashley T wrote:

The quintessential fall outfit! How fun is the leopard necklace??

Posted 10.29.14 Reply

I never thought puffer vests would work for me, until I found one this weekend at Old Navy (on sale!) that wasn't SO puffy and now I'm obsessed! I love your hair here the effortless waves go with the whole vibe of the outfit so well!

10. Thanks, girl!

Posted 10.28.14 Reply
  11. Thank you! That necklace has been worn on repeat throughout the past week.

Posted 10.28.14 Reply
  12. I know, we definitely were on the same page with outfit posts today! Vests have been great for this wonderful weather we've been having.

Posted 10.28.14 Reply
  13. I'm with you! When I saw that this vest had gold hardware, it just sealed the deal for me.

Posted 10.28.14 Reply
  14. I literally have been wearing that necklace everyday since it came in the mail. It goes with everything!

Posted 10.28.14 Reply
  15. I agree! I definitely will be adding more navy to my closet in the coming months.

16. Thanks, girl!

Posted 10.28.14 Reply
  17. Yes, the vest definitely is on the lighter side but still managed to keep me pretty warm! We are spoiled with our yard – I just love the color of those bushes right now.

Posted 10.28.14 Reply
  18. Navy and bright pink is such a classic combo – very girly and preppy!

19. Yes! I think we all need more navy in our closets now. 🙂

Posted 10.28.14 Reply
  20. Thanks, mom! I know you love vests – maybe it's starting to rub off on me!

21. Right?! I think you need a vest, too. 🙂

Posted 10.28.14 Reply
  22. Thanks, girl! We are pretty spoiled with the scenery in our backyard.

23. Becky M wrote:

Love the vest! And the necklace is so pretty!

24. KayElle White wrote:

I love the look especially the necklace!!!

Posted 10.28.14 Reply
  25. Love this vest with the gold accents! What a great addition to your wardrobe. Love that we both did vests today, perfect for this weather!

Posted 10.28.14 Reply
  26. I am obsessed with that vest! Something about navy and gold together it's my favorite combo!

Posted 10.28.14 Reply

These pics are beautiful, love them. Love your outfit and you KNOW I love that necklace 🙂 Her shop is the best.

Posted 10.28.14 Reply
  28. Such a great TJ Maxx find! Love the vest. And I'm with you – I would consider navy a neutral, too. It's one of my favorite colors to wear!

29. Deniz wrote:

Super cute vest – love the backdrop too! So gorgeous!

– Deniz

Posted 10.28.14 Reply
  30. That's such a cute vest- I love that it's a lighter fabric! Also, love all the bright colors of the leaves in your photos- so pretty!

31. Caroline wrote:

Love the navy vest!! So cute. I have a few navy pieces in my wardrobe. I love navy though, especially how it looks with bright pink, or a neutral sweater like what you're wearing. 🙂 I hope that you're having a good day so far too!

Posted 10.28.14 Reply
  32. Love the vest! I don't have a lot of navy in my wardrobe either. I'm going to have to change that!

Posted 10.28.14 Reply

Navy is a great color on you, it brings out the blue in your eyes! Cute outfit – love vests because they provide a bit of warmth without all the bulk of a coat!

Posted 10.28.14 Reply

I love that vest, it's such a rich color!! I'm a huge fan of navy – I probably have a few sweaters that sport the color, but now I think I need a vest in my collection!!

Posted 10.28.14 Reply

Seriously loving that vest girl! So cute! It looks like J.Crew for sure. And jealous of your pretty fall colors!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com