Feeling Navy

I’ve always loved the color navy, but I’ve never had many pieces in my closet in that color. I’m not exactly sure why – just how I consider black or grey neutral colors, navy is just as versatile. It can be worn with a number of different color combinations, especially throughout the fall and winter months.

Vest: TJMaxx (similar & on sale!)
Sweater: Target (exact)
Jeans: Old Navy (exact)
Riding Boots: Bass Outlet (similar)
Leopard Tassel Necklace: Style This Life via Etsy
When I found this vest more than a month ago, I knew it would be the perfect introduction of navy into my wardrobe. Since it’s an outwear piece, I can pair it with different sweaters and long sleeve tees, all the while keeping warm without adding bulk.
Also, if you haven’t checked out Paige’s Etsy shop, you’re missing out. Her claim to fame is her interchangeable tassel bracelets, but I simply couldn’t resist this leopard tassel necklace when it was on sale. You can’t beat the prices on any of her pieces!

1. 10.30.14
    CharminglyStyled said:

We have very similar backgrounds this week – fall is so gorgeous right now! Love these photos lady! xx

2. 10.29.14

I've been hearing that Old Navy has had some great vests, so I'll have to check it out. I'm sure one in olive would be perfect for this time of year.

3. 10.29.14

Yes, you should! Paige has some great items in her shop.

4. 10.29.14

Right?! I've been wearing it with everything!

5. 10.29.14

Awe, thanks girl! I don't curl my hair very often, so it was fun to change it up a bit. I'll have to check out Old Navy for vests!

6. 10.29.14
    Tif Fannin said:

I need a Navy vest now! Stunning pictures! I've tried to incorporate more olive and navy into my wardrobe this fall. I picked up the Old Navy vest that's similar to yours in olive and love it.

7. 10.29.14
    jillian said:

ahh i LOVE that necklace! i need to go check out that etsy shop. xo jillian – stop by! I'm hosting a giveaway on cornflake dreams

8. 10.29.14
    Ashley T said:

The quintessential fall outfit! How fun is the leopard necklace??

9. 10.28.14
    Nadia said:

I never thought puffer vests would work for me, until I found one this weekend at Old Navy (on sale!) that wasn't SO puffy and now I'm obsessed! I love your hair here the effortless waves go with the whole vibe of the outfit so well!

10. 10.28.14

Thanks, girl!

11. 10.28.14

Thank you! That necklace has been worn on repeat throughout the past week.

12. 10.28.14

I know, we definitely were on the same page with outfit posts today! Vests have been great for this wonderful weather we've been having.

13. 10.28.14

I'm with you! When I saw that this vest had gold hardware, it just sealed the deal for me.

14. 10.28.14

I literally have been wearing that necklace everyday since it came in the mail. It goes with everything!

15. 10.28.14

I agree! I definitely will be adding more navy to my closet in the coming months.

16. 10.28.14

Thanks, girl!

17. 10.28.14

Yes, the vest definitely is on the lighter side but still managed to keep me pretty warm! We are spoiled with our yard – I just love the color of those bushes right now.

18. 10.28.14

Navy and bright pink is such a classic combo – very girly and preppy!

19. 10.28.14

Yes! I think we all need more navy in our closets now. πŸ™‚

20. 10.28.14

Thanks, mom! I know you love vests – maybe it's starting to rub off on me!

21. 10.28.14

Right?! I think you need a vest, too. πŸ™‚

22. 10.28.14

Thanks, girl! We are pretty spoiled with the scenery in our backyard.

23. 10.28.14
    Becky M said:

Love the vest! And the necklace is so pretty!

24. 10.28.14
    KayElle White said:

I love the look especially the necklace!!!

25. 10.28.14

Love this vest with the gold accents! What a great addition to your wardrobe. Love that we both did vests today, perfect for this weather!

26. 10.28.14

I am obsessed with that vest! Something about navy and gold together it's my favorite combo!

27. 10.28.14
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

These pics are beautiful, love them. Love your outfit and you KNOW I love that necklace πŸ™‚ Her shop is the best.

28. 10.28.14

Such a great TJ Maxx find! Love the vest. And I'm with you – I would consider navy a neutral, too. It's one of my favorite colors to wear!

29. 10.28.14
    Deniz said:

Super cute vest – love the backdrop too! So gorgeous!

– Deniz

30. 10.28.14

That's such a cute vest- I love that it's a lighter fabric! Also, love all the bright colors of the leaves in your photos- so pretty!

31. 10.28.14
    Caroline said:

Love the navy vest!! So cute. I have a few navy pieces in my wardrobe. I love navy though, especially how it looks with bright pink, or a neutral sweater like what you're wearing. πŸ™‚ I hope that you're having a good day so far too!

32. 10.28.14

Love the vest! I don't have a lot of navy in my wardrobe either. I'm going to have to change that!

33. 10.28.14
    Debra Stachelski said:

Navy is a great color on you, it brings out the blue in your eyes! Cute outfit – love vests because they provide a bit of warmth without all the bulk of a coat!

34. 10.28.14
    Biana Perez said:

I love that vest, it's such a rich color!! I'm a huge fan of navy – I probably have a few sweaters that sport the color, but now I think I need a vest in my collection!!

35. 10.28.14
    Pamela said:

Seriously loving that vest girl! So cute! It looks like J.Crew for sure. And jealous of your pretty fall colors!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com