Fall Wedding Guest Attire

Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve always loved to dress up. Nothing beats the feeling of buying a new dress and feeling like a million bucks when you walk into the room. So when we had a friend’s wedding to attend last weekend, I took that as an opportunity to get gussied up, including big hair and a full face of makeup.

Dress: JCPenny (exact)
Jewelry: Kohl’s (old)
Shoes: Target (old, similar)
Lipstick: Rimmel Bordeaux
Nails: OPI William Tell Me About OPI
Dressing up for a fall wedding is even more fun because I can wear darker colors and still have it be acceptable. I immediately fell in love with this dress not only because of the color but with the mix of printed lace and piping detail, which made it both feminine and edgy.

And, even though I used to think nylons were ridiculous and old-lady fashion, I now never hesitate to wear them to special events during the cooler months. A pair of sheer black nylons not only helped keep my legs warm, but they also brought the whole look together by making my legs look slim and smooth. Paired with my favorite black kitten heels, I was able to dance the night away in style and comfort.

1. Jonathan wrote:

You look stunning! That color is perfect on you, brings out your eyes!

Posted 2.26.15 Reply

STUNNINGGGG! Your hair is perfect and that lipstick is made for you πŸ˜‰

Posted 2.2.15 Reply

You look SO fabulous, and how cute is that little shed behind you! I love the combo of your teal dress & the deep red lip. I would have never thought to pair them together but they mesh so well!

Posted 10.16.14 Reply
  4. Ashley Angle wrote:

Love the dark lip color!
    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Posted 10.15.14 Reply
  5. Becky M wrote:

Your hair looks gorgeous! Jealous over here! You look gorgeous!

Posted 10.14.14 Reply
  6. Velcro rollers are my secret weapon! It's the only way I ever get any volume in my hair. I'm pretty obsessed with that lipstick now, too. I have Pamela to thank for that!

Posted 10.14.14 Reply
  7. Awe, thank you! I actually took these photos after I had brushed my hair out a bit, and I wasn't sure if it still looked good! It's all about the Velcro rollers. πŸ™‚

8. Girl, you're too nice to me! Thank you for your sweet words. πŸ™‚

Posted 10.14.14 Reply
  9. Thanks, Caroline! You're too sweet. Hope you're having a good day!

10. Thanks, Sarah!

Posted 10.14.14 Reply
  11. Thanks, lady! Hey, I'm with you about snagging nylons – just because I wear them doesn't mean they make it past one or two wears! I even took them off at home between the ceremony and reception so Finn wouldn't snag them with his puppy claws!

Posted 10.14.14 Reply
  12. You are so sweet – thank you! The wedding ended up being super fun because our friend's used the same DJ that we had at our wedding! So it was fun to catch up with him, too. πŸ™‚

Posted 10.14.14 Reply
  13. Thanks, mom! The shed sure does make for good background decor.

Posted 10.14.14 Reply
  14. I had such a hard time finding a dress for last weekend, too, and I just randomly stumbled upon this one and lucked out that they had one in my size. It is so ridiculously comfortable, too!

Posted 10.14.14 Reply
  15. Thanks, girl! I have YOU to thank for that lipstick – I'm so glad that I was able to find it. It is perfection in a tube.

Posted 10.14.14 Reply
  16. Love your hair girl!! Teach me your ways. And that lipstick is perfect!

Posted 10.14.14 Reply
  17. Your hair looks AMAZING! I seriously can't believe you did it yourself! Love the colors and detailing in the dress too!

18. Caroline wrote:

That dress is fabulous on you!! It is perfect for your body type. Your hair and makeup are flawless too, you look gorgeous!! Hope that you're having a great day so far!

Posted 10.14.14 Reply
  19. I love dressing up for weddings πŸ™‚ And this dress looks perfect on you!

Sarah
    Midwest Darling

Posted 10.14.14 Reply
  20. Love that dress! You look gorgeous, and I'm glad to hear that you danced the night away ;)! I have to admit I will still hesitate with the nylons, but I will go for the tights. I just always seem to snag nylons, I don't know what it is!

Posted 10.14.14 Reply
  21. You look beautiful! That dress fits you perfectly and your hair + makeup… flawless! Hope you guys had a good time at the wedding πŸ™‚

Posted 10.14.14 Reply

Beautiful pictures! You looked fantastic and I like the backdrop too!

Posted 10.14.14 Reply

So pretty – I have a wedding in a few weekends and I'm looking for the perfect dress – this one is gorgeous!! I love the lip color and your hair is curled perfectly!!!

Posted 10.14.14 Reply

Love this look! That dress is amazing on you! And definitely loving that lip color on you! πŸ™‚

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 10.14.14 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney