I want to take a moment to say thank you to everybody who commented last week sending well wishes to my mom. She and I read every single one, and we both were so touched. You’ll be glad to hear that she’s doing well and gaining back her strength every day. Finn and I are headed to Schaumburg tomorrow to spend the night with her – I’m convinced that puppy snuggles will be an instant cure!
Wherever you are and whatever your plans are for this first weekend in September, I hope you have a good one! Here is a recap of my week.
1. ICYMI – Miss in the Midwest received a facelift the past couple weeks, and it finally is FINISHED! I am thrilled with how it turned out and happy to finally have my vision for this blog come to life. I hope you take some time to navigate around to the new pages and features – there’s even a Pin It button now when you hover your mouse over my photos!
Christine was a dream to work with, and I can’t thank her enough for her patience with me. Be sure to check out her information in my sidebar – she’s offering 20% off custom orders of $75 or more!
2. It’s still been pretty warm and humid in the Midwest, but once September 1st hit, my mind instantly shifted to fall home decor and clothing. I picked up this sweater, which has a keyhole back, and faux leather leggings from the LC Lauren Conrad collection at Kohl’s this week. I’m pretty sure I am going to live in this outfit once the temps cool down a bit. I’ve always been skeptical about wearing leggings as pants, but the faux leather gives them a fancier look and as long as whatever top I pair with it is long enough to cover my butt and lady parts, I’m good to go.
3. You guys – I have FOUR more days of the #100happydays challenge! I’m really proud of myself that I stuck with it, even on bad or crabby days. I have Aimee @ Aimlessly Elegant to thank for the motivation to keep going!
4. My new favorite picture of my boys. This was last weekend at the lake, and they were just so cozy together all weekend. It melts my heart, really.
5. Saving the best news for last, we got pre-approved for our first home mortgage loan this week! We’ve been waiting a long time to buy our first home, and we are beyond excited. This TJMaxx find couldn’t have come at a better time – I considered it a sign!
You can adjust all of your cookie settings by navigating the tabs on the left hand side.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.