High Five for Friday

Happy Friday, everybody!
I want to take a moment to say thank you to everybody who commented last week sending well wishes to my mom. She and I read every single one, and we both were so touched. You’ll be glad to hear that she’s doing well and gaining back her strength every day. Finn and I are headed to Schaumburg tomorrow to spend the night with her – I’m convinced that puppy snuggles will be an instant cure!
Wherever you are and whatever your plans are for this first weekend in September, I hope you have a good one! Here is a recap of my week.
1. ICYMI – Miss in the Midwest received a facelift the past couple weeks, and it finally is FINISHED! I am thrilled with how it turned out and happy to finally have my vision for this blog come to life. I hope you take some time to navigate around to the new pages and features – there’s even a Pin It button now when you hover your mouse over my photos!
Christine was a dream to work with, and I can’t thank her enough for her patience with me. Be sure to check out her information in my sidebar – she’s offering 20% off custom orders of $75 or more!
2. It’s still been pretty warm and humid in the Midwest, but once September 1st hit, my mind instantly shifted to fall home decor and clothing. I picked up this sweater, which has a keyhole back, and faux leather leggings from the LC Lauren Conrad collection at Kohl’s this week. I’m pretty sure I am going to live in this outfit once the temps cool down a bit. I’ve always been skeptical about wearing leggings as pants, but the faux leather gives them a fancier look and as long as whatever top I pair with it is long enough to cover my butt and lady parts, I’m good to go.

3. You guys – I have FOUR more days of the #100happydays challenge! I’m really proud of myself that I stuck with it, even on bad or crabby days. I have Aimee @ Aimlessly Elegant to thank for the motivation to keep going!
4. My new favorite picture of my boys. This was last weekend at the lake, and they were just so cozy together all weekend. It melts my heart, really.

5. Saving the best news for last, we got pre-approved for our first home mortgage loan this week! We’ve been waiting a long time to buy our first home, and we are beyond excited. This TJMaxx find couldn’t have come at a better time – I considered it a sign!

Linking up with:

1. Right?! Love her stuff!

Posted 9.8.14 Reply
  2. Thanks, Britney! Happy Monday!

Posted 9.8.14 Reply
  3. Girl, you TOTALLY could pull them off. I was worried that they would make my thighs look like sausages (more than they already do), but they actually are very comfortable and slimming. Hope you had a good weekend!

Posted 9.8.14 Reply
  4. It's such a great feeling to finally have a blog design that reflects my personality and what this site is all about!

Posted 9.8.14 Reply
  5. Thanks, lady! Hope you had a good weekend. 🙂

Posted 9.8.14 Reply
  6. Yes, I have a feeling they will be my new obsession. Hope you had a good weekend!

Posted 9.8.14 Reply
  7. I LOVE LC Lauren Conrad's collection at Kohls so outfit for the win! lol

Posted 9.8.14 Reply
  8. Aimee Rose wrote:

We definitely need to do that sometime! Hope your visit was good with your momma, I'm sure she loved having you! Can't believe today is the last day of the challenge!

Posted 9.8.14 Reply
  9. Your site design looks so cute! I'm hoping to redo mine soon, so I'll definitely keep her in mind! Congratulations on being pre-approved!! Woot woot! Have a great weekend 🙂

Posted 9.6.14 Reply
  10. I wish I could pull off faux leather leggings! They look amazing on you! And I love that sweater too! Congrats on the pre-approval and the beginning of searching for a house! Happy Friday!

11. Sarah wrote:

I love your site design and layout! I just redid mine as well and I feel like it finally fits me. And the faux leather leggings look great and should definitely be a fall staple for most women!

12. Becky M wrote:

I love how your site looks! I'll have to keep her in mind!

Posted 9.5.14 Reply
  13. Leggings will be your new best friend; trust me. They go with everything! Happy weekend 🙂

Posted 9.5.14 Reply
  14. Thanks, Rachael! Happy Friday!

Posted 9.5.14 Reply
  15. Thanks for stopping by – so glad you found me! And, I couldn't agree more about the leggings as pants – hopefully I wear them correctly!

Posted 9.5.14 Reply
  16. I am so excited to share the journey with all of you! It's been a long time coming, we are over the moon excited. I'm mentally giving you a high five for almost finishing the #100happydays challenge, and hopefully one of these times when I make it back to Schaumburg on better terms, we can get together for a dinner or shopping date!

17. Rachael wrote:

Yey congrats on getting approved – that's one of the best steps when it comes to house buying! I'm so glad we made the move from renting into house owning, it's certainly a great feeling knowing you own a place! All the best in finding your first home too!

18. Thank you! Happy Friday. 🙂

Posted 9.5.14 Reply
  19. Girl, you totally could pull off the leggings! 🙂 Have a fabulous weekend, doll!

Posted 9.5.14 Reply
  20. Thanks, lady! I'm sure I'll be reaching out to you as we get started with questions and advice – I'm a bit overwhelmed, and we haven't even found a realtor yet! I hope you're having so much fun in your house – happy weekend!

Posted 9.5.14 Reply
  21. Girl, they are SO comfy, too! I was pleasantly surprised when I tried them on.

Posted 9.5.14 Reply
  22. Thank you! Your sweet comments mean so much to me. 🙂 I think I have a while until I can actually wear those leggings, too but I wanted to snatch them up before they're gone!

Posted 9.5.14 Reply
  23. Thanks, lady – Happy Friday!

24. Ida wrote:

Congrats on the pre-approval. Love the print! I agree that leggings are not pants. It drives me insane when I see people wearing them as pants, cover your stuff up! Anyway, hope you have a fabulous weekend and so glad I found your blog!!

Stopping by from Oh hey Friday!

25. Aimee Rose wrote:

I can't even tell you how excited I am to follow along with your house hunting journey, I just love it! I can't believe we are so close to the end of the #100happydays challenge, thanks for sticking with me! Hope you have a good trip to Schaumburg, you'll be in my neck of the woods!

26. Caroline wrote:

That is exciting about the pre-approval and the house hunting! 🙂 Those leggings are cool, love LC too. Have fun with your family this weekend, glad that your mom is feeling better too. 🙂

Posted 9.5.14 Reply

Ahhh congratulations on the pre-approval and that sign is just perfect!! Loving those leggings – not sure if I could pull them off though! Hope you have a great time with your mom!!

Posted 9.5.14 Reply
  28. Yay yay yay for house hunting! So excited for you! I saw that sign at TJ Maxx yesterday and it made me think of you 🙂 Enjoy the time with your mom this weekend, glad to hear she's feeling better!

29. Jo Elizabeth wrote:

I totally condone wearing leggings as pants as long as it's done right! And those faux leather ones? Seriously? I need them in my life stat!

Posted 9.5.14 Reply

LOVE the new blog layout! It looks gorgeous! And definitely loving your new outfit. I can't wait to break out my faux leather leggings… I think I've got a few months before I can though. Happy Friday!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

31. Pinky wrote:

So glad your mom is doing better! 🙂

Love your new look, I just got a facelift too and it's so much fun blogging.

Congrats on the pre-approval!!!