Fall Hair Transition

Every year as the weather transitions from summer to fall, something happens to me where I feel a deep need for a makeover – specifically, in the hair department. I’m not exactly sure where this urge comes from, but just like the leaves begin to change color, I also want to change up my hair cut and color.

Since I am getting my hair done next week before we leave for our Vegas vacation, I have started to pull inspiration from Pinterest so I can accurately communicate to my stylist what kind of, and how drastic of, a change that I am looking for.

For the cut, I am leaning toward a mid-length look with minimal long layers. I think a curling wand and some sea salt spray also would help me achieve some texture in my otherwise straight hair.

And, for the color, I don’t want to ditch my blonde, but I want to warm it up with more low-lights or experiment with the ever-so-popular ombre effect.

As always, I will be excited to share with all of you the final result next week after my appointment!
What are your favorite fall hair trends? Do you plan to change up your look for the fall?

1. Yes, I can imagine that once you have a baby that certain beauty things go on the back burner.

Posted 10.9.14 Reply
  2. That's my favorite, too! I'm hoping my stylist can recreate that sort of color. 🙂

Posted 10.9.14 Reply
  3. Awe, thanks girl! I think it would be a good summer to fall transition color.

Posted 10.9.14 Reply
  4. Jackie wrote:

LOVING your hair inspiration here!! I love to pin ideas I like and bring them to my hairdresser. It takes so much guess work out of it, and makes me so excited for the appointment.

xo Jackie

Something About That

Posted 9.16.14 Reply
  5. Maya McDonald wrote:

I LOVE the subtle ombre! I've been dying to do that to my hair for months! xx

Posted 9.16.14 Reply
  6. Yes, I can't wait!

Posted 9.16.14 Reply
  7. I definitely think you could pull it off – you have such beautiful hair!

Posted 9.16.14 Reply
  8. Ha ha, the dreaded time before the wedding when you just have to leave your hair alone! There's always extensions. 🙂

Posted 9.16.14 Reply
  9. Awe, thanks doll!

Posted 9.16.14 Reply
  10. I'm the same way! I went total Carrie Bradshaw brunette my senior year of college, and I'll never make that mistake again. Glad I could give you some inspiration, too!

Posted 9.16.14 Reply
  11. Thanks, girl!

Posted 9.16.14 Reply
  12. Thanks, lady!

Posted 9.16.14 Reply
  13. I love your shorter hair – it looks so good on you! But I know it's always an adjustment when you make such a big hair change. 🙂

Posted 9.16.14 Reply

These are all cute looks and would be cute on you, too! I know you will be happy to get it done!

Posted 9.15.14 Reply

These are all so beautiful! I love the look of midihair but I just don't have the right face shape to pull it off. Can't wait to see the new look!

Posted 9.15.14 Reply
  16. I want to cut my hair just like that but I have to wait till after the wedding or my hairdresser may kill me…..can't wait to see your after girl!

17. Caroline wrote:

Love those inspiration pictures! Looking forward to seeing what you end up doing, I'm sure that it will look beautiful. 🙂

18. Kristen @YourBeautyFix wrote:

I feel the need to deepen my blonde in the fall too! I could never go full brunette but I love the second look. I'm totally stealing it and using it for my next hair appt.

Posted 9.15.14 Reply

I have really dark hair that is very easily damaged, so unfortunately I can't really do much color-wise with my hair. I did chop some off in the spring, but I think I'm just going to let mine keep growing for now. I absolutely LOVE your hair inspiration pics and can't wait to see what you do!

Posted 9.15.14 Reply
  20. I'm the same way! I always want to dye my hair darker once fall comes around, but I'm trying to resist the urge this year. Love the inspiration photos!! It's going to look fab! Can't wait to see it.

Posted 9.15.14 Reply

Love all of these! I already switched up my hair for fall and I'm definitely still getting used to it LOL! I think ombre would look amazing on you!!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 9.15.14 Reply
  22. Lol, it's true that not everybody looks good in every hairstyle nor do we all have the patience for some styles! The mid-length seems to work on me since it makes my hair look fuller and thicker than it actually is.

Posted 9.15.14 Reply
  23. You would look so awesome with shorter hair!

Posted 9.15.14 Reply
  24. Yes, that's what I've heard from others who have ombre hair! I'm pretty religious about getting my hair touched up, but it would be nice if I could extend it a month or two longer without it looking horrible. I hope my stylist can make it work for me!

25. Courtney B wrote:

SUPER cute inspirations! I always love this look on everyone else but I can't stand that length on me. I like my hair real short (like a bob above my shoulders) or really long like it is now. The in between lengths drive me crazy! But I wish I could stand it because these styles are the cutest on everyone else!

Posted 9.15.14 Reply

Absolutely love all your inspiration photos!! Can't wait to see what you choose – I've always wanted to cut my hair to that sort of lob look – it's going to look amazing on you!

27. Aimee Rose wrote:

Love these looks! I've been wearing a subtle ombre for the last almost year and I love it! Definitely go for it! The best part about it is it doesn't require and sort of regular maintenance (I'm horrible at keeping up with any color that requires frequent touch ups), can't wait to see your new look! I'm feeling the need for a change too, but not sure what!

Posted 9.15.14 Reply
  28. I love all of these cuts & colors! I like an ombre color would look gorgeous on you!

29. Becky M wrote:

These are all gorgeous! I just love the slight ombr̩ look РI wish I was brave enough to try it! I like the second from the last the best!

30. Caitlin S. wrote:

I've been wanting to try ombre forever! I just haven't actually colored my hair for a really long time because I know I don't necessarily have time for the upkeep anymore with a baby. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like on you!