Creme de la Creme Hand-Me-Down

Let me tell you one of the greatest perks of having a big sister – when she no longer wants something, you’re typically the first person on the list she will ask if you want said item or not. And, that’s exactly what happened this past weekend when my sister, Kristy, came to visit! She got this leather (real, might I add!) jacket from Old Navy years ago when she lived in downtown Chicago, and it was my lucky day when she asked if I wanted to inherit it. I’m sure the answer was obvious – with it’s slight-boxy cut and ruffle detail down the middle, it’s the perfect mix of girly and edgy.

Leather jacket: Old Navy (similar)
Graphic tank: Kohl’s (exact)
Jeans: Old Navy (exact)
Wedges: Old Navy
Necklace: Forever 21 (similar)
Bangle: House of Harlow 1960 (via RocksBox)

The minute Kristy pulled that beauty out of the trunk, I knew immediately what I planned to pair it with. You all know I can’t get enough of graphic tees right now, so this one from Kohl’s was a total clearance steal for less than $7. The phrase pairs perfectly with the ruffle on the jacket, while the steel-metal chevron necklace still maintains a little bit of edge. Because, let’s face it – nothing about me screams edgy.

Do you have any favorite hand-me-down items?

1. Ha ha, it's one of my favorite parts of having a sister – an older one especially! Leather jackets seem to be everywhere this season, so I'm sure you'll find one!

Posted 10.9.14 Reply
  2. Thanks, girl! I couldn't believe that I found it at Forever 21 for less than $5 – score!

Posted 10.9.14 Reply
  3. LOVE that tank! I didn't know Kohl's carried this!
    This outfit is so cute too…love that you paired everything with the leather jacket.

Posted 9.25.14 Reply
  4. Tif Fannin wrote:

Great outfit! My favorite hand-me-down is a long, black wool peacoat. It actually came from 1 of my grandma's friends (of similar age). I wear it with everything in the winter.

Posted 9.24.14 Reply
  5. hahahahaha I feel the same about me girl…..I'm too much lace and vintage to be edgy but I am totally loving this look on you!

Posted 9.24.14 Reply
  6. Thanks, lady!

Posted 9.24.14 Reply
  7. This is such a fun look! I love the graphic tee, too! xo!

Southern Style

Posted 9.23.14 Reply
  8. Hooray! I'm glad you like it sissy.

Posted 9.23.14 Reply
  9. Right?! It's the best!

Posted 9.23.14 Reply
  10. Thanks, doll! It's definitely one of the best parts about having a sister. 🙂

Posted 9.23.14 Reply
  11. Thanks, girl! I wear my hair in that bun way more than I care to admit … I'm getting my hair done today though, so I hope it won't be too short to still do it.

Posted 9.23.14 Reply
  12. Yes, the ruffle detail is what sold me on the jacket. And, the fact that it was free. 🙂

Posted 9.23.14 Reply
  13. Haha, right? I was only in a sorority for a couple years, but I remember how often everyone would just borrow (or steal!) clothes.

14. Thanks, lady!

15. Thanks, girl! Isn't that shirt just so cute? I'd take it in gray, too. 🙂

Posted 9.23.14 Reply
  16. I already commented on your instagram pic, but I'll say it again- love that necklace! I have two big brothers…so hand me downs for me!

Posted 9.23.14 Reply
  17. Looove this jacket! I've been on the hunt for a leather one this fall and yours is so fun! I need to find a sister that will hand me down her clothes… 🙂

18. Kristy Simon wrote:

Obsessed with the entire look.

Posted 9.23.14 Reply

OMG I love the jacket!! I agree having an older sister definitely has perks, especially when you're close in sizes!!

20. Caroline wrote:

My sister gives me clothes a lot, it's great! Or the last time I saw her I borrowed a top. 🙂 Anyway, love your outfit its super cute! 🙂 I hope that you are having a great day so far too!

Posted 9.23.14 Reply
  21. the only sibling i have is a younger brother & we can't exact swap outfits. haha! loving this tee and your bun! i cannot pull that off for the life of me, but it looks so good on you!

22. Aimee Rose wrote:

That's awesome, wish I got some hand me downs! Love the ruffle detail. Sometimes things get passed around at work, but I always end up with things I think I might wear, and then never do!

Posted 9.23.14 Reply
  23. Love that outfit! I wish I had a sister that I could share clothes with! I miss the sorority days where I had access to lots of closets 🙂 haha

Posted 9.23.14 Reply

SCORE on that jacket, and love what you paired it with. Big fan of this look!

Posted 9.23.14 Reply

Now I'm really wishing I had a sister!! That jacket is so cute! Love the ruffle detail! And I have that t-shirt in gray 🙂

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com