Best Plum Lip Colors for Fall: Sheer to Full Coverage Options

Dark lips during the colder months is probably my most favorite beauty trend. You can keep the rest of your makeup simple and neutral but still get a dramatic effect with the swipe of a deep berry color on your pout.

I’ve experimented with quite a few plum lip products over the years, and all of these are now staples in my collection.

The best part about plum lip products is that it is a universally-flattering shade, so it will complement and look good on virtually any skin tone. Each of my picks also offer different levels of coverage, which makes it easier
to choose which ones are appropriate for day and night and special
occasions. And, you can find four of the six products at the drugstore, which goes to show that you don’t have to break the bank to experiment with popular beauty trends.

Are you a fan of plum lips?

1. Caroline wrote:

Yeah it is the first NARS traditional lipstick that I've ever bought. I really like it a lot though. I've also been using their lip gloss pencils for 1-2 years now and love love those. 🙂

Posted 9.18.14 Reply
  2. Yes, you can't beat the price on the NYX liners!

Posted 9.18.14 Reply
  3. I've heard nothing but great things about NARS lipsticks – I'll have to try them out!

Posted 9.18.14 Reply
  4. I'm keeping an eye on NYX, too! I think you should give some of these a shot – hopefully you'd find the fall shade you're looking for. 🙂

Posted 9.18.14 Reply
  5. Yes! It's one of the best out there.

Posted 9.18.14 Reply
  6. Black Honey has a little bit more coverage than the gloss balm, and it's very buildable. It's a cult product that has been around for years – once you try it, you'd know why!

Posted 9.18.14 Reply
  7. Yes, that's a great one for starters!

Posted 9.18.14 Reply
  8. You really should try either the CoverGirl or Clinique – they are pretty sheer, so you could at least get a subtle hint of color!

Posted 9.18.14 Reply
  9. You were the one that introduced me to it!

Posted 9.18.14 Reply
  10. I know, plums are definitely not something I thought I'd ever like on my lips, but it gives you such a vampy look!

Posted 9.18.14 Reply
  11. I've heard so much about black honey, maybe this year I will get around to trying it! And I've been wanting to get the nightmoth liner from MAC, but I might look into those NYX liners first!

Posted 9.17.14 Reply
  12. Caroline wrote:

Love a bold lipstick for fall and winter! I bought a darker fuchsia NARS lipstick, but I like those plum shades too, very pretty! Thank you for sharing. 🙂

Posted 9.17.14 Reply
  13. I seriously need to get a new lipstick for fall already! My favorite hot pink just is too much, so I've been going without and feel like I look so dead without lipstick! I was hoping Nyx would come out with some new colors. But I might just have to go ahead and try these! Thanks for sharing lady 🙂

Posted 9.17.14 Reply
  14. Becky M wrote:

I just fell in love with Clinque's black honey lip gloss!! Its such a pretty but light plum color!

Posted 9.17.14 Reply

I'd love to see these on you! I'm not sure Tyler would be a fan but I really want to try out a plum lip this year! I've always heard amazing things about Black Honey, what would you say is the difference between that one and the gloss balm?

Posted 9.17.14 Reply

I am a fan, but still working on actually using them on myself. I think I'd like the Covergirl Gloss Balm 🙂

Posted 9.17.14 Reply
  17. Aimee Rose wrote:

I always think they look so pretty on everyone else, but always feel so dramatic and out of character for myself! Perhaps I will have to try again!

Posted 9.17.14 Reply

The Clinique Black Honey is a classic! I still keep it in my Fall and Winter lipstick rotation – an amazing color that looks good on everyone!

Posted 9.17.14 Reply

The revlon one looks so pretty!! I have a Royal Beauty one that I got a few months back and I'm obsessed with the rich plum color it turns my list – i never thought I'd like it!!

Posted 9.17.14 Reply

• It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft