August Beauty Favorites

Another month down, another month of beauty favorites!

August was all about a good skincare routine to help get my acne back under control, and I also fell in love with a new (to me) drugstore product while continuing to reach for a tried-and-true favorite.

Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser // Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser // St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub – You guys. This was my dream team of skincare leading up to my wedding day last year, so I’m not exactly sure why I stopped religiously following this routine. Up until now, I had solely been using the clear complexion cleanser for the past several months, and it’s possible that my skin grew immune to it and/or it was too harsh on my skin to use both morning and night. I now use the ultra-calming in the morning along with the apricot scrub three to four times a week, which leaves my skin feeling soft, hydrated, and clear of any dead, flaky skin or blotchy red spots. I then use the clear complexion cleanser at night after I take all my makeup off so it can fight any unwanted acne that is forming overnight. My skin finally looks like it’s back to itself after several months of misery, and it just goes to show that you don’t have to break the bank to get good skincare products.

Maybelline Define-a-Brow Eyebrow Pencil – I ran out of my beloved Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil early last month, and since my personal budget was already stretched thin, I was forced to find a drugstore alternative. Hello, Maybelline. My sister has used this product for years, and I’m not sure why I haven’t either. I would consider it a pretty close second, if not a perfect dupe, to the Anastasia pencil. I use the shade Light Blonde, and it’s spot on. I’m not sure if I’ll ever spend $21 for a high-end eyebrow pencil again!

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed – If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time, then you know that this shade of blush is my holy grail of all blushes. I felt like it deserved a special shout-out this month because I pretty much exclusively wore this all month long. The color goes with everything, and it also adds a nice amount of contour definition along the cheekbones. I will continue to buy this product probably for as long as I live.

What were your favorite beauty items during August?

Linking up with:

1. 9.6.14

Aveeno Clear Complexion is the best! Perfect for my sensitive skin!

XO Chloe

2. 9.5.14
    ElleSees.blogspot.com said:

that blush is one of my FAVES ever. seriously so good.

3. 9.5.14
    Tif Fannin said:

Love that eyebrow pencil! I also used to use the Anastasia brow pencil, but it's just too expensive, especially when you can get a dupe for 1/3 the price! I broke up with my expensive brow pencil 2 years ago, and I'll never go back:)

Tif @ Bright on a Budget

4. 9.5.14
    Maya McDonald said:

I LOVE Aveeno products {I used to work with them, and I totally miss all the good freebies!} Love the roundup! xx

5. 9.4.14
    Nadia said:

Exposed was definitely an entire summer favourite for me, I'm so glad I picked it up! I used to use the Clear Complexion cleanser in university, I think I may have overused it too because it started to really dry my skin out. I've been having some skin issues recently so maybe I should try it again!

6. 9.4.14

Glad I'm not the only one!

7. 9.4.14

I know! I'm trying to work my way through my extensive blush collection just so I can justify going to buy another Tarte one.

8. 9.4.14

Me, too! They are great for sensitive skin.

9. 9.4.14

Right?! It's fantastic!

10. 9.4.14

You absolutely should – the Aveeno stuff is so luxurious but at a drugstore price point.

11. 9.4.14

Yes! A lot of people have suggested using the scrub as a body scrub, too. I'll have to try it out. Thanks for hosting the linkup!

12. 9.4.14

Ha! Skin care twins. πŸ™‚

13. 9.4.14

I think the Maybelline pencil is basically a dupe for the ABH Brow Wiz – I'm really not sure if I'll ever get the expensive pencil again … well, okay – maybe for special occasions. πŸ™‚

14. 9.4.14

I can't believe I ever stopped using it!

15. 9.4.14
    Jessica said:

I love Aveeno!!

xo Jessica

16. 9.4.14

Love the Aveeno skincare. Can never go wrong with the Tarte amazonian blushes, I'll have to check out that color – it's always so hard to choose which new color to go with because they are all so pretty!

17. 9.4.14
    Ashley T said:

Aveeno products are the bomb! I love their face lotions.

18. 9.4.14
    The Adored Life said:

I love that apricot scrub!!

19. 9.3.14

I use the apricot scrub too! Love it! I need to try out a new cleanser – I'll have to check out Aveeno.

~Jessica

Jeans and a Teacup

20. 9.3.14
    Kelli B said:

I have SO been meaning to buy some of the apricot scrub. I used it when I was younger but it's been a while. I have some bumps on my leg and someone told me to use it on that! Awesome! Thanks for linking up Karly!!

21. 9.3.14

So, I have the SAME scrub AND Aveeno wash (green container) in my shower. Great minds πŸ˜‰

22. 9.3.14
    Liliana Ayala said:

I actually haven't tried any skin care products from Aveeno….not sure why?!
    I LOVE the ABH Brow Wiz, but I hate the price tag. Ugh! I also really like the Maybelline pencil!

23. 9.3.14
    Morgan said:

Apricot scrub is a must in my beauty bag!

Morgan

24. 9.3.14

LOL, it's the best when our husbands use beauty products! Yes, that eyebrow pencil is definitely a game-changer in the budget-friendly makeup department.

25. 9.3.14

You definitely should! It is the perfect shade of blush for any skin tone.

26. 9.3.14

Yes! I really think you'll like it.

27. 9.3.14

Oh, I never thought of that! I'll have to try it out.

28. 9.3.14

I was very skeptical at first since the Brow Wiz is my holy grail of all eyebrow products, but the Maybelline pencil certainly gives it a run for its money at a fraction of the cost. I'm all about saving money these days!

29. 9.3.14

Right?! So true!

30. 9.3.14

Same with me! They never irritate my horribly sensitive skin. Glad I'm not the only fan of the brand. πŸ™‚

31. 9.3.14

You should try out the St. Ives scrub – for less than $5, why not?!

32. 9.3.14

Hey, if Proactiv still works for you, then why ruin a good thing?! The Aveeno cleansers are great, though if you're looking for something new.

33. 9.3.14

Lol, yes, it pretty much is!

34. 9.3.14

You would love the Tarte blush, I'm sure of it!

35. 9.3.14
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

My hubby uses that scrub, shhhh. I do too sometimes, but I forget about it! Thanks for sharing the brow pencil, what a good buy πŸ˜‰

36. 9.3.14
    Tiffany {A Touch of Grace} said:

OOOhhhh, I love that blush color! I'm about due for a new one so I'll have to check it out!

37. 9.3.14
    Tiffany Huebner said:

OOOOhhhh, I really like that blush! I'm about due for another one so I'll have to check it out!

38. 9.3.14
    Biana Perez said:

I've been faithful to St. Ives for years – it's my go to facial scrub! I love Aveeno anything so I'm going to check out foaming cleanser!!

39. 9.3.14

I'm obsessed with the St. Ives Scrub.. I actually use it all over my body! It's great for removing the end of sunless tanners and getting rid of dry, flaky skin.. especially in the winter!

40. 9.3.14
    Jen Rawson @ Pretty Little Gru said:

I'm going to have to try that eyebrow pencil. I am a huge fan of the brow wiz but if there is truly a cheaper dupe, I'd be all about that!

41. 9.3.14
    Nina B said:

St. Ives apricot can never be underestimated!

42. 9.3.14

That blush looks so amazing! I need to add it to my ever growing list of things to try! I use the ultra-calming moisturizer from that line and really have been happy with it! Aveeno has always been one of the best brands for my skin!

43. 9.3.14
    Jo Elizabeth said:

Your dream team! I've been so wary of the st. ives products in the last several years (and I'm not entirely sure why). I like the idea of having an exfoliator (beyond the clarisonic) to use a couple times a week. I'll have to pick some of that up! I have been on the hunt for an eye brow pencil from the drug store–that maybelline one might be the one!

44. 9.3.14
    Caroline said:

I use St. Ive's Daily Moisturize body lotion and I love it. I use Proactiv to wash my face but since it's designed for people in their 20s, and I'm over 30 I should probably start using something else. πŸ™‚ Maybe I'll try that Aveeno cleanser instead. Thanks for sharing and I hope that you are having a great week so far! πŸ™‚

45. 9.3.14
    Becky M said:

Ive been looking into playing with eyebrow stuff more – this sounds right up my alley! It is fool proof?! lol!

46. 9.3.14
    Pamela said:

I love all of the Aveeno stuff! Absolutely amazing! And I'm a big fan of the St Ives apricot scrub as well! I need to try the Tarte powder and blush!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com