What’s In My Makeup Bag – Up North Edition

Going to Ryan’s family lake house in Northern Wisconsin is like going to a whole new world. Regardless if you are just lounging around the cabin or out in public, nobody cares what you’re wearing, if your hair is done (or clean, for that matter), or if you are wearing makeup.

Since I am one of those girls that can’t leave the house without at least concealer and powder on, this new mindset took some getting used to. Now, however, I embrace it and treat it like a vacation for my face – Ryan dubbed it “the lake treatment” several years back.
That doesn’t mean that I don’t bring any staples with me, though. The best part of a majority of the items that I do bring is that they are multitaskers and can be used for different purposes – my BB cream also is my facial sunscreen, the highlighter/bronzer palette also acts as a blush, the concealer can be used both on my under eye area and on blemishes, and my lip balm provides protection and some color. Most of all, these products allow me to still feel put together even if the agenda only includes sunbathing on the deck.
What’s in your makeup bag when you are traveling to the lake or beach?

1. Ashley T wrote:

I use the same mascara and really like it! Plus it's always easy to spot the tube through all the clutter 🙂

Posted 10.9.14 Reply
  2. I have one of those same Vera bags and it's perfect for traveling. I tend to go lighter on the makeup while on vacation, too… but I can't skip it all together because otherwise I'll regret it later in the pictures!

Posted 10.9.14 Reply
  3. Rafaela wrote:

I have the same 'problem' never leave the house without make up on!! lovely picture!!

Posted 10.9.14 Reply
  4. I never got around to trying that BB cream and I really wanted to! I could never find the oil free version! I reaaally want to try those MAC powders too! Along with my current eye shadow obsession, that makes me want to go to the MAC counter to try them out!

Posted 8.28.14 Reply
  5. Aimee Rose wrote:

Not this time 🙁 We have house guests for the weekend so we will be staying in town, are you headed up?

Posted 8.28.14 Reply
  6. Love the Vera Bradley cosmetics bags (and the English Rose print)! And I agree about culling down the makeup for relaxing vacations.

Tif @ Bright on a Budget

Posted 8.28.14 Reply
  7. sandyalamode wrote:

your makeup bag is seriously the prettiest!

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

Posted 8.28.14 Reply
  8. Maya McDonald wrote:

I'm going to the lake this weekend, so I'm so excited to see all these picks! We're going to Boulder Junction for a long weekend and I couldn't be more excited. Have so much fun! xx

Posted 8.28.14 Reply
  9. Becky M wrote:

LOVE the makeup bag! And I'm going to have to try that brand of BB cream – I haven't yet!

Posted 8.27.14 Reply

Over the last several years I've become a big fan of vacations where my face gets a vacation too 🙂 When we go to the beach, it's waterproof mascara only. When we go to the mountains, mine is very similar to yours, just the bare essentials and I love it!

Posted 8.27.14 Reply
  11. Yes, ma'am – thank you! All my recent product photos have been shot in the light box. I still need to get two more utility lamps and daylight bulbs for the sides of the boxes, too so the lighting is even better. I use Photoshop Elements for editing and PicMonkey for anything that I don't know how to do in Photoshop!

Posted 8.27.14 Reply
  12. Lol, trust me – it took me a long time to walk around with no makeup on, even up at the lake!

Posted 8.27.14 Reply
  13. Exactly! Are you guys headed up there this weekend?

Posted 8.27.14 Reply
  14. Ha ha, right? And since my skin has not been happy lately, it probably will be good to give it a breather from all the makeup. I love the Revlon palette – I've never owned a BB Brick, but it sure looks like a dupe for it!

Posted 8.27.14 Reply
  15. I love my Vera bag! Thanks, lady – hope you're having a good day, too!

16. Ha ha, right? That's an added bonus to the product. 🙂

Posted 8.27.14 Reply
  17. Ohhhh is that picture taken with your new light box room? It came out so good! What do you use to edit your pictures?

Posted 8.27.14 Reply

Your makeup bag is so cute! Love Vera! I definitely agree with the not being able to leave the house without powder and concealer. I also have to have blush and mascara on too LOL! So I guess I pretty much go out full faced all the time 😉

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

19. Aimee Rose wrote:

That is one of the best things about going up there, it is totally a vacation for your face! I don't usually reach for any makeup when were up there, unless we're leaving the cabin. If I have some concealer, blush and mascara I am set!

Posted 8.27.14 Reply

I've been using that Garnier BB cream on and off for the last three years and totally love it!! I agree less is more when you travel to the lake or the country!! I actually love not wearing make-up during the weekend lol! I need to look into that revlon palette – looks like a good dupe for the BB Brick!!

21. Caroline wrote:

I have a Vera Bradley makeup bag too. 🙂 Those sound like perfect options for a weekend at a lake house too. I hope that you are having a great day! 🙂