Vegas Inspired Smokey Eye feat. Naked 2

When Vegas.com reached out to me to create a makeup look as part of their #AriaNightOut campaign, I found it to be fate since Ryan and I are headed to Sin City ourselves at the end of September.

When I think about Las Vegas, I immediately picture bright lights, loads of activity, and glitz and glamor in all the casinos. With that in mind, I aimed to create a cool-tone shimmery smokey eye, while keeping the rest of my makeup on the neutral side.

The Naked 2 palette has the most beautiful cool-toned shadows, so it wasn’t difficult for me to translate my concept from an idea to my eyes.

To achieve this look:
1. Start by priming your eye lids – I use Nars Pro Prime and MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. I have very oily eyelids, so I typically double-up on the primer – I especially don’t want any creasing during a night out in Vegas!
2. With your ring finger, tap and blend in YDK all over the lids. Smudge lightly under the eye, too.
3. With a fluffy crease brush, (I use the Sigma E25) blend Busted into the crease. Again, smudge lightly under the eye.
4. With a round tapered blending brush, (I use the Sigma E40) buff Tease above the crease to blend out any harsh edges.
5. With a flat eyeshadow brush, lightly tap Verve into the middle of the lid to add a pop of light.
6. Take a fluffy angled eyeshadow brush, and blend Foxy above the brow bone and in the inner corner of the eyes as a highlight.
7. Line the upper and lower lash line (I only went half way in on the bottom) with your favorite black eyeliner, and use a small angled eyeliner brush to smudge it out.
8. Finish with two coats of  your favorite black mascara!

On my cheeks, I used Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed, and on my lips I’m wearing a combination of MAC Viva Glam II lipstick and Revlon Colorburst Gloss in Rosepetal.

Although this is a different makeup look for me, it’s fun to experiment outside my comfort zone. I’m looking forward to sporting this same look or something similar while on vacation next month!

Disclaimer: I was contacted by Vegas.com to participate in their #AriaNightOut campaign. I was in no way compensated for this post; all products are my own.

1. Ashley T wrote:

Loved the way this turned out! Using your tips to re-create my own smokey eye this weekend!

Posted 10.9.14 Reply
  2. Nicole Cors wrote:

Such a pretty look! I am thinking about buying a naked palette (I borrow my sister's all the time), and this combo would be fun to try!

Posted 8.14.14 Reply

This look is stunning – smokey eyes suit you so well! I've been skipping the eyeshadow almost all summer so I can't wait to start playing around with eye looks again!

Posted 8.14.14 Reply
  4. The Adored Life wrote:

I once tried to do something like this and Andrew asked me if I got punched in the eye. True story.

Posted 8.14.14 Reply
  5. I love a smoky eye-looks great!

Posted 8.14.14 Reply

Beautiful! Very glam for Vegas!

Posted 8.14.14 Reply
  7. Jamie wrote:

So pretty!

Posted 8.14.14 Reply
  8. what a fun post! your makeup looks so beautiful!

kelseybang.com

9. Becky M wrote:

Love that eyeshadow look! I want this palatte for my birthday!

10. Thanks, girl!

Posted 8.13.14 Reply
  11. Right?! I felt the same way with your trip to Charleston.

12. Please share a pic with me if you do! πŸ™‚

Posted 8.13.14 Reply
  13. Glad I could help! I used the Naked 2 palette for the exact same reason for this look – it needed some love.

Posted 8.13.14 Reply
  14. I hope you love it as much as I do!

15. Thank you!

Posted 8.13.14 Reply
  16. You're so sweet because my skin is absolutely NOT flawless at the moment – glad I can fake it. πŸ™‚

17. Thanks, girl!

18. Fabulous! Be sure to share on Instagram, can't wait to see. πŸ™‚

Posted 8.13.14 Reply
  19. I love a good smoky eye – nailed it!

20. Flawless!

Posted 8.13.14 Reply
  21. Naked 2 is the best palette in my opinion! Cannot wait to hear about your trip to Vegas.. I've never been so it's fun to live vicariously through trip recaps πŸ™‚

Posted 8.13.14 Reply

So pretty!! I will definitely be trying this out πŸ™‚

23. Aimee Rose wrote:

Love this, and just what I needed. I find I don't use my Naked2 palette nearly enough because I never know what combinations to do and always go to the same ones, thanks!

Posted 8.13.14 Reply

Such a pretty Smokey eye – Going to try to recreate it since I have all the colors πŸ™‚

Posted 8.13.14 Reply
  25. Pretty! Love those colors.

Posted 8.13.14 Reply
  26. This is sooo pretty! Your skin looks flawless, and I love that lip color with the eye shadow combo!

Posted 8.13.14 Reply

Obsessed with this!!! I love the Naked palette!! Best colors!!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 8.13.14 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney