Vegas Inspired Smokey Eye feat. Naked 2

When Vegas.com reached out to me to create a makeup look as part of their #AriaNightOut campaign, I found it to be fate since Ryan and I are headed to Sin City ourselves at the end of September.

When I think about Las Vegas, I immediately picture bright lights, loads of activity, and glitz and glamor in all the casinos. With that in mind, I aimed to create a cool-tone shimmery smokey eye, while keeping the rest of my makeup on the neutral side.

The Naked 2 palette has the most beautiful cool-toned shadows, so it wasn’t difficult for me to translate my concept from an idea to my eyes.

To achieve this look:
1. Start by priming your eye lids – I use Nars Pro Prime and MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. I have very oily eyelids, so I typically double-up on the primer – I especially don’t want any creasing during a night out in Vegas!
2. With your ring finger, tap and blend in YDK all over the lids. Smudge lightly under the eye, too.
3. With a fluffy crease brush, (I use the Sigma E25) blend Busted into the crease. Again, smudge lightly under the eye.
4. With a round tapered blending brush, (I use the Sigma E40) buff Tease above the crease to blend out any harsh edges.
5. With a flat eyeshadow brush, lightly tap Verve into the middle of the lid to add a pop of light.
6. Take a fluffy angled eyeshadow brush, and blend Foxy above the brow bone and in the inner corner of the eyes as a highlight.
7. Line the upper and lower lash line (I only went half way in on the bottom) with your favorite black eyeliner, and use a small angled eyeliner brush to smudge it out.
8. Finish with two coats of  your favorite black mascara!

On my cheeks, I used Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed, and on my lips I’m wearing a combination of MAC Viva Glam II lipstick and Revlon Colorburst Gloss in Rosepetal.

Although this is a different makeup look for me, it’s fun to experiment outside my comfort zone. I’m looking forward to sporting this same look or something similar while on vacation next month!

Disclaimer: I was contacted by Vegas.com to participate in their #AriaNightOut campaign. I was in no way compensated for this post; all products are my own.

1. 10.9.14
    Ashley T said:

Loved the way this turned out! Using your tips to re-create my own smokey eye this weekend!

2. 8.14.14
    Nicole Cors said:

Such a pretty look! I am thinking about buying a naked palette (I borrow my sister's all the time), and this combo would be fun to try!

3. 8.14.14
    Nadia said:

This look is stunning – smokey eyes suit you so well! I've been skipping the eyeshadow almost all summer so I can't wait to start playing around with eye looks again!

4. 8.14.14
    The Adored Life said:

I once tried to do something like this and Andrew asked me if I got punched in the eye. True story.

5. 8.14.14

I love a smoky eye-looks great!

6. 8.14.14
    Debra Stachelski said:

Beautiful! Very glam for Vegas!

7. 8.14.14
    Jamie said:

So pretty!

8. 8.13.14

what a fun post! your makeup looks so beautiful!

kelseybang.com

9. 8.13.14
    Becky M said:

Love that eyeshadow look! I want this palatte for my birthday!

10. 8.13.14

Thanks, girl!

11. 8.13.14

Right?! I felt the same way with your trip to Charleston.

12. 8.13.14

Please share a pic with me if you do! šŸ™‚

13. 8.13.14

Glad I could help! I used the Naked 2 palette for the exact same reason for this look – it needed some love.

14. 8.13.14

I hope you love it as much as I do!

15. 8.13.14

Thank you!

16. 8.13.14

You're so sweet because my skin is absolutely NOT flawless at the moment – glad I can fake it. šŸ™‚

17. 8.13.14

Thanks, girl!

18. 8.13.14

Fabulous! Be sure to share on Instagram, can't wait to see. šŸ™‚

19. 8.13.14

I love a good smoky eye – nailed it!

20. 8.13.14

Flawless!

21. 8.13.14

Naked 2 is the best palette in my opinion! Cannot wait to hear about your trip to Vegas.. I've never been so it's fun to live vicariously through trip recaps šŸ™‚

22. 8.13.14
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

So pretty!! I will definitely be trying this out šŸ™‚

23. 8.13.14

Love this, and just what I needed. I find I don't use my Naked2 palette nearly enough because I never know what combinations to do and always go to the same ones, thanks!

24. 8.13.14
    Biana Perez said:

Such a pretty Smokey eye – Going to try to recreate it since I have all the colors šŸ™‚

25. 8.13.14

Pretty! Love those colors.

26. 8.13.14

This is sooo pretty! Your skin looks flawless, and I love that lip color with the eye shadow combo!

27. 8.13.14
    Pamela said:

Obsessed with this!!! I love the Naked palette!! Best colors!!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com