Top 5 Concealers

As of late, my skin has decided to rebel against me and act like a teenager – I am breaking out like crazy and just when I think I have it under control, a new cluster of blemishes appears. Combine that with lack of sleep the last few weeks, which brings about beautiful under eye circles, I have been heavily reliant on concealers.

When my skin goes through these phases, I don’t typically like to wear foundation – why add more products that could potentially be irritating my skin in the first place? These concealers have been my go-to holy grail products for years, and I am able to combine them in a way where I am still comfortable enough to leave the house and not be self-conscious about my skin.

For the cream and liquid concealers, I simply use my ring finger to pat in and blend the product out – I have yet to find a concealer brush that works better than my fingers. For any powder concealer, I use a fluffy eye brush, such as the Sigma E40, to buff into the product, and then I dab it right on top of the spot that I want to set or add extra coverage to. Be cautious not to use too much powder concealer so your spots don’t look cakey.

What are your go-to concealers?

1. It's such good stuff! I remember when we got ours together before my wedding makeup trial.

Posted 8.12.14 Reply

I went back to my Bobbi Brown this morning, forgot how good this stuff is!

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  3. I don't like Erase Paste either… Fake Up is totally different!

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  4. Yes, I do the same thing! It provides great coverage and doesn't crease on me at all.

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  5. Really?! That's great to know – I'll have to try it out!

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  6. I've used these products for years with no fail!

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  7. I've heard good things about the Benefit concealer – I wasn't a fan of the Erase Paste because it was so heavy, but maybe the Fake Up is a different formula.

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  8. Right?! That's the ultimate combination!

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  9. I love Clinique products – I'll have to give that one a try when I run out of one of my products.

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  10. Let me know if you do! Those under eye products have done wonders for me.

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  11. The Bobbi Brown stuff is amazing – you're supposed to put it on and then layer it with another concealer, but you usually can get away with it on it's own if you blend well.

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  12. Absolutely, I think you'd like it! And, that little tube has lasted me a long, LONG time.

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  13. I've heard so many good things about the Nars concealer – it's still on my wish list!

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  14. BM products are great for that feeling! The MUFE concealer just provides an excellent amount of coverage, which is necessary for my skin!

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  15. I agree! It's a great product – I also use Well Rested when I don't have much of a tan.

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  16. Bobbi Brown!!! This is absolutely my favorite. I actually use it under my eyes and then put concealer on top of it. Its perfect!

Posted 8.12.14 Reply
  17. I absolutely love the ELF HD concealer it is so affordable and the best formula for me so far!

18. Becky M wrote:

Love this post – I love Sonia Kashuk products! I haven't tried that one though! Happy Monday!

19. The Adored Life wrote:

I haven't tried any of these but I am always wanting to know more about what brands people use!

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  20. I actually haven't tried any of these but the MAC concealer has been on my wish list forever! I use Bare Minerals Stroke of Light for everyday and when I *really* need to cover something, I turn to Benefit's Fake Up. Big fans of both!

Posted 8.11.14 Reply

Well you know I'm a MAC Pro Longwear concealer lover 🙂 I have a new bottle being delivered today actually! I set it with the Bare Minerals Well Rested, crease proof under eyes for sure!

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  22. I'll always be a fan of the Clinique all about eyes concealer because it can be used all over your face and lasts forever 🙂

23. Aimee Rose wrote:

I feel like I'm always searching for a better concealer to hide my horrible under eye circles, I'm going to have to give some of those a try!

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  24. My skin has been rebelling against me lately too! It's no fun. I love the MAC Prolongwear for under eyes in the summer. It's a bit too drying for the winter though. I might have to try the Bobbi Brown stuff though! Thanks for the recs!

Posted 8.11.14 Reply
  25. I love the Bobbi Brown concealer for under my eyes, but have yet to find a good one for covering blemishes! I'll have to check out that MUFE one because it sounds like a really nice finish!

Posted 8.11.14 Reply

I'll have to try the Make Up Forever one – I've used their foundation and loved it!! I swear by either Erase Paste by Benefit or NARS creamy one – I use that now and love it!!

Posted 8.11.14 Reply

I've heard that Make Up Forever stuff is amazing but I've never tried it. I LOVE my Bare Minerals though. I feel like it's got great coverage and doesn't feel too heavy! I feel your pain about your skin issues. Mine likes to do the same thing!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

28. Jo Elizabeth wrote:

I'm a huge fan of the summer bisque from BM. Definitely the best for setting liquid concealers and adding a bit more coverage!