Most-Reached For Lipsticks

It’s hard to believe that just a few short years ago, I didn’t own one single lipstick and I never wore the stuff unless somebody put it on me for a special occasion.

Nowadays, I can’t even imagine not wearing lipstick on a daily basis. It completes both my makeup and outfit for the day, and choosing the right color can make or break the look I’m going for.

These are the lipsticks in my collection that I reach for most often, which include both drugstore and high-end products.

It’s easy to see what shade of lipstick I tend to gravitate toward on a daily basis – a darker neutral with a hint of pink. However, during the summer, a coral lipstick with a pink undertone is my go to, and I most definitely cannot pass up a vampy plum lip in the fall and winter months.

What are your favorite lipsticks?

1. Maya McDonald wrote:

What a fabulous idea for a post! I have so many lipsticks, but my most reached for ones are always my faves. I love your picks! xx

Posted 10.9.14 Reply

It's on my list! I have no idea how it wasn't already 😉

Posted 8.18.14 Reply
  3. Yes! Since we're basically makeup twins, I'm confident that you'd love MAC Syrup.

Posted 8.18.14 Reply
  4. Viva Glam II is a perfect nude color – it would work well on anybody! My husband isn't a fan of the lip products either, but I remind him that he married me so he has to deal with it. 🙂

I didn't follow any one specific tutorial for the light box – if you search Pinterest for DIY light box, you will find a ton, and they all are pretty similar.

Posted 8.18.14 Reply
  5. I know you've been loving that lipstick – I'll have to swatch it next time I'm at Sephora.

Posted 8.18.14 Reply
  6. Yes! It's one of my all-time favorites, and I think it would be flattering on a variety of skin tones.

Posted 8.18.14 Reply
  7. Right?! It's one of the best nude lipsticks.

Posted 8.18.14 Reply
  8. Absolutely! And, with the price point of Revlon lipsticks, you can afford to get more than one. 🙂

Posted 8.18.14 Reply
  9. I really think you'd enjoy it!

Posted 8.18.14 Reply
  10. I have yet to try either one of those, so I'll have to give 'em a shot!

Posted 8.18.14 Reply

Ok, I remember you sharing MAC Syrup before, I need to get it. Mauve/brown tones are what I gravitate towards for sure 🙂

Posted 8.18.14 Reply

Yay lightbox photos! These look so great, do you have the link to the tutorial that he used? I wish I could wear lipstick more but Tyler hates all lip products 🙁 I don't think I've tried any of these colours before – Viva Glam II looks so pretty!

Posted 8.18.14 Reply
  13. I go for the same darker, neutral shades. Makeup Forever's N9 is my favorite right now… I use it almost every single day!

14. Aimee Rose wrote:

I was guessing there was a post like this coming up based on that instagram photo yesterday! I am still on the hunt for my favorite lipstick, that Mac syrup looks like one I need to get my hands on!

Posted 8.18.14 Reply

I was the same way girl! Now I love wearing lipstick! I have that Viva Glam II and I love how it goes with pretty much everything!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

16. Becky M wrote:

I'm not a huge lipstick wearer, but that MAC color looks really pretty! I loved reading about your favs! Plus you have some really affordable options mixed in!

Posted 8.18.14 Reply

I've recently become a lipstick person – and always love the consistency of MAC ones…but I hear that revlon is pretty great as well…I need to do some more investigating haha a.k.a. shopping!

Posted 8.18.14 Reply
  18. I just commented this same thing (about a different product) on Mia's post today but I've had pink in the afternoon on my list to try forever now and still haven't got around to picking it up!

Posted 8.18.14 Reply
  19. I've been loving the Nyx butter lipsticks – they leave a great stain! The Revlon Colorstay feels really nice on too and stays on pretty well. I'm all about long lasting here!