July Beauty Favorites

As almost every blogger stated in disbelief last Friday, July came and went in the blink of an eye. Although we are now in the midst of the last month of summer, that also brings my monthly beauty favorites!

1. Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Tiki – A rediscovered favorite for me, I reached for this highlighting bronzer all month long. It pairs perfectly with sun-kissed skin and doesn’t give off too stark of a highlight. It gives your cheekbones a healthy glow.
2. L’Oreal Paris 24-hour Infallible Eye Shadow in Amber Rush – This always has been one of my favorite single shadows, but after seeing Mia’s recent makeup tutorial, I was inspired to experiment with it more. However, I will admit that my favorite way to apply and wear it is simply using my ring finger to pat and spread it all over the lid; it’s always a no fail look for me!
3. Essie Nail Polish in Penny Talk – This has been on my toes since the beginning of July, and it has yet to chip. That’s a pretty big deal to me since most Essie polishes chip on me within 24 hours. I also adore this color; it’s a pretty bronze but with a hint of rose gold. I will be wearing this shade well into the fall.
4. Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Speak Your Mind + Revlon Colorburst in Orchid – New favorite lip combo alert! I received the lipstick as a free gift from Sephora a couple months back, but it was a bit too pink for me to wear on its own; luckily, I dug through my glosses and discovered that this Revlon one pairs perfectly with it to tone down the color a bit and add some sheen to my lips.
5. Spray lotion – I’m probably late to the game on this product, but I am obsessed with spray lotion. I love how I can just spray a thin layer on, rub it in, and it’s dry five seconds later. This particular Target generic brand also smells like my favorite sunscreen, so I’m glad I will be able to hold onto that scent even when the warm weather is behind us.
What were your favorite beauty products throughout July?

Linking up with:

I've always been curious about spray lotions, but I seem to always have about 5 bottles of unfinished lotion sitting around so I haven't wanted to add to the pile. I think I might grab some while I'm on vacation in a couple of weeks though, I bet it would be super convenient for after a day on the beach!

Posted 8.7.14 Reply
  2. ElleSees.blogspot.com wrote:

yes, yes to all of these!! good choices 🙂

Posted 8.7.14 Reply
  3. Maya McDonald wrote:

Spray lotion?! Is this real life? That sounds amazing! xx

Posted 8.7.14 Reply
  4. I've still been meaning to pick up a BM Moxie lipstick… I love the glosses! And I almost bought Penny Talk this morning at Walgreens! I ended up going with Butler Please though 🙂 Next time!

5. Kelli B wrote:

Wow! I really love that Essie color! How have I not seen it?! That will be my next purchase. My Turquoise and Caicos Essie color has been on my toes for weeks and not chipped. I'm impressed! Thanks for linking up, Karly!!

Posted 8.6.14 Reply
  6. Penny Talk really is a year-round shade. I'm sure I will get lots of use out of it! Definitely try out the lotion – it's fabulous. 🙂

Posted 8.6.14 Reply
  7. You definitely should! It's such a beautiful highlight, and you can't beat the price.

Posted 8.6.14 Reply
  8. Lol, I still love regular hand lotion, too! I mostly use the spray on for my legs since it dries quick, so I don't have to wait a few minutes to get dressed.

Posted 8.6.14 Reply
  9. Yes, you need to try it! And, I'm so glad I found my long lost makeup twin. 🙂

Posted 8.6.14 Reply
  10. Right?! Anything rose gold, and I'm pretty much sold.

Posted 8.6.14 Reply
  11. They are such a great formula – I'm glad I got one as a free gift to try!

Posted 8.6.14 Reply
  12. Ha ha, girl you have to try it!

Posted 8.6.14 Reply
  13. Love Essie in Penny talk – it's the perfect summer to fall shade. I'll have to grab that lotion, too! Great finds 🙂

Posted 8.6.14 Reply
  14. I can't believe I waited so long to try spray lotion – it's my new obsession!

15. Jo Elizabeth wrote:

Mia inspired me to pull the amber rush back out too! I've been loving it all month as well! You know…I've seen that highlighting bronzer everywhere forever, and I've never picked it up. I think I'll have to!

16. Tiffany Huebner wrote:

That Essie polish looks gorg! I posted an Essie polish today too! 🙂
    I actually haven't tried the spray lotion. For some reason I just like using regular, spread on your legs, thick lotion. I'm old school I guess. 🙂

Posted 8.6.14 Reply

Amber Rush applied with the ring finger, for the WIN! You and I are serious makeup twinsies 🙂 I have never tried the spray lotions, but I think I need to!

Posted 8.6.14 Reply
  18. That penny talk is so cute!

19. Aimee Rose wrote:

Love that Essie polish, I'm going to have to pick that up! You had me at rose gold!

Posted 8.6.14 Reply
  20. I have been wanting to get one of those Moxie lippies. I tried them out in the store and they are heavenly!!

Posted 8.6.14 Reply

Ok, if you're late in the game I'm SUPER late. Spray on lotion?! Yes please! That sounds amazing! That Essie polish is one of my favs! It's so perfect fir any time of year!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 8.6.14 Reply

The spray lotion in my favorite – I use the same kind for sunscreen!! It's amazing how it goes on. I have that essie polish and haven't put it on my toes – but for some reason it looks weird on my nails. Love the new lip color combo!