Happy Friday, all!
It was a busier week than normal around here; between work, running errands, taking care of Finn + a vet appointment, and spending time with Ryan, I’m starting to feel like a soccer mom. Not that there is anything wrong with soccer moms … you get where I’m going with that.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this weekend can be one of relaxation out on the patio soaking up the last of the summertime sun rays, which then probably will be followed by Finn digging up something in the yard and ending with me chasing him around. Ah, this is my new normal!
Wherever you are and whatever your plans are for the weekend, I hope you have a good one! Here are some highlights from the past week.
1. Remember last week when I had a little brainstorming sesh with myself? Well, that carried into this week as well, and I continue to be more inspired and motivated everyday by my little space on the Web and by all my blogger girls out there. I suppose it really has just hit me lately how much this blog means to me and what a big part of my life it has become – I really never thought that would happen!
2. With all these grand ideas and amped up organization, it was only natural that I needed a new planner. Enter Kate Spade. I’ve wanted a KS planner for several years, but I never bit the bullet because I couldn’t justify the price. Well, this year, it didn’t matter; I simply couldn’t resist the patterns that were available!
3. I’m the first to admit that I’ve been slacking in the cooking department these days. Sometimes, it’s just too hot and humid to be slaving away over the stove! However, Tuesday nights are my dinner-for-one evenings because of Ryan’s work schedule, so I treated myself to my angel hair pasta with shrimp scampi and non-vodka cream sauce. I hadn’t had it in quite some time, and oh boy – it was heavenly.
4. I’m not a big drinker – I never have been and probably never will be. There is something, though, rather refreshing about a Mike’s Hard Lemonade with dinner on a warm summer night. Bonus that it matched my outfit that day, too.
5. Of course I will close out today’s post with a picture of my little man. He sure loves the outdoors and sunshine!
Linking up with: