High Five for Friday

Happy Friday, all!

Life is good, I tell ya! There are lots of exciting things happening around here – both personally and professionally – so I’m looking forward to continuing that trend into the weekend.

Wherever you are and whatever you’re up to, I hope you have a fabulous weekend! Here’s a quick recap of my week.

1. The hubs built me a light box this week to help better my blog photos, and all I can say is that I’m impressed! Who knew a cardboard box, tissue paper, poster board and a utility light could make such a difference?

2. If you have a Costco membership, RUN (don’t walk) to pick up a bag of Snappers. Holy moly. These things are life-changing.

3. I partook in a minor retail therapy shopping trip and scored this dress on clearance from Target. I have had my eye on it for quite some time, so when it finally was marked down for less than $15 and by some miracle the XS fit me, I knew I had to snatch it up. I love that I’ll be able to dress this up or down for our trip to Vegas.

4. I was feeling a bit under the weather Tuesday, so Ryan went to the grocery store to pick up a few things for me to eat since it was his day to work the night shift. On the menu for dinner? Disney princess-shaped Spaghettio’s. The guy knows the way to my heart.

5. I now leave you with your weekly Finley fix – I cannot believe how big he is getting. I don’t think I’ll ever get enough of his sweet face.

Linking up with:

1. Pinky wrote:

Love the light box, how lovely he built that for you!

That maxi dress is beautiful, woohoo! Happy friday!

Posted 10.9.14 Reply
  2. Best hubby in the world award !!! Such a cute doggy πŸ™‚

xx

Posted 8.27.14 Reply
  3. Thanks, girl! And, the light box tutorial will be up tomorrow. πŸ™‚ Hope you're enjoying your last weekend before moving!

Posted 8.24.14 Reply
  4. Thanks, girl! And, the light box tutorial will be up tomorrow, box dimensions included. πŸ™‚

Posted 8.24.14 Reply
  5. Absolutely! It's made a huge difference for me.

Posted 8.24.14 Reply
  6. We need the details on this light box! I need one! Loving that maxi dress.. it looks great on you. Hope you're having a good weekend!

Posted 8.24.14 Reply
  7. Tif Fannin wrote:

Looking forward to your light box tutorial– be sure to post dimensions of the box, if you don't mind. I had been using plan sheets of paper as "background", but this idea looks awesome! Also LOVE that dress!

Tif @ Bright on a Budget

Posted 8.24.14 Reply
  8. Mr Lonely wrote:

First time visits here, nice blog and sharing, I wish you to have a happy day~ =D

Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com (A Growing Teenager Diary Malaysia)~

Posted 8.23.14 Reply
  9. Rachael wrote:

I've been meaning to make my own light box for an age, I really must get around to it (more for selling on ebay than my blog admittedly) but i'll probably help me out over the darker months for sure!

Posted 8.23.14 Reply
  10. I found a bunch on Pinterest, but I think I may post one next week since I've received so many comments on it. It's really inexpensive and easy to make!

Posted 8.22.14 Reply
  11. It's really so easy – I may post a tutorial next week since I've received so many comments about it. Have a great weekend, girl!

12. Awe, thank you!

Posted 8.22.14 Reply
  13. Ha ha, multiple people have said that! I hope you enjoy some this weekend. πŸ™‚

Posted 8.22.14 Reply
  14. I wasn't planning to post a tutorial on the light box, but I've gotten so many comments about it that I just may have to next week! And, thank YOU for the shout out – it made my day!

Posted 8.22.14 Reply
  15. Pixie's message to Finn literally just cracked me up – hilarious! Be sure to check if Sam's has those Snappers – I'm telling you, they are life-changing. Have a great weekend, lady!

Posted 8.22.14 Reply
  16. Yeah, the hubs can be a pretty great guy sometimes. πŸ™‚ Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Posted 8.22.14 Reply
  17. He is getting SO big – I almost can't believe it! I'm cherishing it while it lasts. Have a great weekend, lady!

Posted 8.22.14 Reply
  18. You are so sweet – thank you! It's definitely figure-flattering. πŸ™‚ Happy weekend!

Posted 8.22.14 Reply
  19. Thanks, girl! Happy Friday!

Posted 8.22.14 Reply
  20. Ummm please tell me that you found a tutorial on how to make a great shadow box! I've been meaning to make one…

Posted 8.22.14 Reply
  21. Oh my gosh, I haven't had spaghettios in years but now I want some! And that lightbox is pretty impressive! I wish I could figure out how to make one!

Posted 8.22.14 Reply
  22. How cute is that dress! (aka you πŸ˜‰ ) Love some comfort food when not feelin well πŸ™ get better fast!!

Posted 8.22.14 Reply
  23. I have a major Spaghettios craving now thanks to you ha. Hope you're feeling better! Happy weekend πŸ™‚

24. Becky M wrote:

Oh I am jealous of that light box! I need to show my husband this!! I have a shoutout to you on my blog today πŸ™‚

25. Bounce Color wrote:

That so cool!
    Also Krass!
    bouncecolor.com

Posted 8.22.14 Reply

Pixie says "Heeeeey Finley <3" Those Snappers look amazing, I wonder is Sam's has them? LOVE the lightbox, how cool! Enjoy your weekend dear.

Posted 8.22.14 Reply
  27. Love that dress on you! It'll be perfect for Vegas! How awesome that your hubs built you a lightbox! Have a fab weekend lady!

28. Aimee Rose wrote:

Wow, Finely is getting so big! Love that light box that your hubby built, that's awesome. And that dress score, jealous! Sounds like you had a great week, hope the weekend is just as good!

Posted 8.22.14 Reply
  29. I'm cracking up at #2. LOL!

Posted 8.22.14 Reply

I can't wait to see the photos that come from that light box – and he might need to give directions so Gary can build me one lol!! Absolutely love that dress on you – looks gorgeous!! have a wonderful weekend doll!

Posted 8.22.14 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney