1. A visit from my parents was exactly what I needed last weekend. I hadn’t spent more than five minutes with mom since May, which is an extremely long time for us. Our afternoon together was filled with great conversation, lots of laughs, and a lot of spoiling Finley. He’s one lucky pup, I tell ya.
2. When it’s Ryan’s weekend to work, we really cherish our evenings together. We always seem to have the deepest and best conversations over dinner, and I forever am grateful when that guy reaches across the table to take my hand and tell me that everything will be okay.
3. Target, as always, has the best items on clearance right now. I scored this pair of sandals – which are extremely comfortable – for a mere $9.88. I may just go back and get them in pink, too.
4. I’m a strong believer that dogs can sense when their owners are not themselves, whether they are sick, sad, etc. Tuesday was my most emotional day in light of what I discussed above, and Finn was eager to stay by my side and snuggle all day long. I wasn’t about to turn down his short nap on my lap in the middle of the kitchen floor.
5. Ryan and I had an impromptu date night Wednesday to celebrate what was a great day, and we found the cutest brewery on the river in West Bend, Wis. We most definitely will be back, maybe even to permanently live … more on that at a later date!