High Five for Friday

And, just like that – it’s August.
Happy Friday, all! Wow, am I the only one that can’t believe we are down to the last month of summer already? I guess it’s true when they say that time goes by faster as you get older. At least we still have plenty of things to look forward to in September and October, including a trip to Vegas and our one-year wedding anniversary!
Wherever you are and whatever plans you have, I hope you have a great weekend. Here are the highlights of my week.

1. I attended my first yoga class yesterday, and I am hooked! I definitely understand why Jennifer Aniston has the body that she does from being dedicated to yoga. I’m hoping to get two to three classes in per week from here on out.
2. Earlier in the week, I had a nagging migraine for nearly 48 hours. So, what did I do? I stayed on the couch a lot and caught up on hours of recorded TV on our DVR. Sometimes, we all need that time to just relax and recharge, am I right?
3. I indulged myself in a motivating, inspiring mini-brainstorm session yesterday morning, and I couldn’t be more thrilled with the results. As bloggers, I feel like we sometimes need to take a step back and reevaluate our goals and tasks that we want to accomplish. I feel back on track with my little space on the Web, and I’m looking forward to (hopefully!) implementing some big changes over the next few months.

4. Target, as usual, saved the day for me earlier this week. My less-than-two-year-old laptop charger decided to stop working, and I was frantic trying to figure out how I was going to survive a week or more without my computer until I could get a new one ordered and shipped to the house. Luckily, Ryan went online right away and saw that Target sells universal chargers that work with all different brands of laptops. I was back up and running a day later – praise!
5. As always, here is your weekly Finley fix. I swear this puppy thinks he’s human – I mean, look at how he is sleeping while sitting up next to that pillow. I think he is in for a rude awakening when he gets bigger and no longer can pull off those sleeping positions.
Linking up with:

1. 10.9.14

Love the weekly Finley pictures! He is the cutest thing ever. And thank goodness for Target — seriously, what would we do without that place?! Happy Friday!

2. 10.9.14

Right?! Nothing like a good brainstorming session. 🙂 Hope you're having a good weekend!

3. 8.5.14
    emi said:

your pup sleeping —— CUTEST.

4. 8.3.14
    Bekah Bruce said:

How cute is that sweet pup?? I am a fan of yoga myself but have been dabbling in PiYo the past month. It is inspired by pilates and yoga so I still get that stretch and relaxation, just not holding the poses so long stationary. LOVE it! I'm also a fan of Hot Yoga! 🙂

5. 8.3.14

I know, luckily my husband did some research and found out that Target had those chargers – it was a lifesaver! And, Finn is pretty content most of the time. 🙂

6. 8.3.14

Right?! I don't know how we ever survived in the pre-Target era – ha! Happy Sunday!

7. 8.3.14

Oh yes – his ears are the softest. I can't get enough! And, Midwest Bloggers is a network that I submitted an application for – just looking for more ways to connect with our Midwest gals and bloggers. 🙂 Hope you've had a good weekend!

8. 8.3.14

Finn is single and ready to mingle – I think him and Pixie would be a cute little pair. 🙂 Hope you've had a great weekend!

9. 8.3.14

Thanks, girl!

10. 8.3.14

Thank you, girl! He definitely has us wrapped around his little paw. 🙂 Happy Sunday!

11. 8.3.14

Yeah, exactly! I think the craziness of the past month was just catching up with me – I think it happens to the best of us. Hope you're having a good weekend!

12. 8.3.14

You are so sweet – thank you! I'm glad you decided to stop by. And, you're right about yoga – not only is it physically great, but it also really helps me clear my head for an hour out of the day.

13. 8.3.14

Right?! Happy Sunday. 🙂

14. 8.3.14

See, and I'm jealous of you – I wish I was a runner, but I just can't get into it! I get bored so easily … classes force me to pay attention. 🙂 Hope you're having a great weekend!

15. 8.3.14

I LOVED yoga, and I'm looking forward to going to more classes. Hope you're having a good weekend!

16. 8.3.14

That mason jar is used for everything! Definitely a good purchase. 🙂

17. 8.3.14

Oh no – I hope you're feeling better!

18. 8.2.14
    Rachael said:

That's so handy to know about Target selling universal chargers for laptops, would never have thought to look there and mines on the verge of dying it seems. And that is one content looking puppy!

19. 8.2.14
    Leslie said:

I love the dog, how adorable! I think it's a great idea to do a check once in awhile too. I like your mouse! I had a horrible migraine yesterday, all day long. I hope you had a great Friday! I'm stopping by from the hop.

20. 8.1.14
    Myla said:

Finley is adorable!! Does he have soft Labrador ears? They're the best! And I spy something about "Midwest Bloggers" and I'm intrigued about what you're thinking! Keep this gal in mind… Have a fantastic weekend!

21. 8.1.14
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

That picture of Finley, so precious. I am pretty sure he and Pixie should be boyfriend & girlfriend, is he taken? 😉 Sorry to hear about your migraine, I know those are the WORST, glad you were able to rest. Your blog inspiration session pic inspired ME! Enjoy your weekend!

22. 8.1.14
    Ashley Angle said:

Target is amaing. Still loving Finely!
    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.cm

23. 8.1.14

Nothing like a good brain storming session to get motivated! Awesome! Your puppy is just TOO CUTE!!! Hope you have a happy Friday!

24. 8.1.14

Way to go on your first yoga class – that is always something I wish I made more time for! Too bad you were feeling under the weather, but sometimes that's just what we need is a day or two to do nothing at all! Hope you have a great weekend, excited to see whats in store for your blog!

25. 8.1.14

Yoga, Brainstorming, Target & Finn. PRAISE!

26. 8.1.14
    Amanda {Tickled Pink} said:

ha! Love the pup picture! I too love love love yoga!!!! I feel so refreshed after each session! Not too mention ultra relaxed!! Stopping by from the link up! p.s. You have the absolute cutest blog!!

27. 8.1.14
    The Adored Life said:

Target and Amazon and my saviors right now! I don't know who people lived without them!

28. 8.1.14
    Karli Bell said:

oh my…that puppy is killing me. so so cute! my sister does a lot of yoga and has an awesome, lean body. i'm jealous. i've tried so hard to get into it…but i just can't! gah! i know i need it, but i'd rather run six miles. lame. thank you so so much for linking up, gal!

29. 8.1.14
    Debra Stachelski said:

Love the picture of Finn – can't get enough of him! Glad you enjoyed yoga, you might get the rest of us motivated to try it, too!

30. 8.1.14
    Britt @Perpetually Daydreaming said:

I would love to get back into yoga on a regular basis. I'm glad you liked it! Interested to hear about your blog goals! Have a great weekend lady!

31. 8.1.14

I think I need to do a little brainstorming session this weekend. I haven't really done that in a while, and you are right! After blogging for a while you really do need to step back and really lay out what you want to accomplish.

Love the mason jar! We've got some with handles and have been using them so MUCH this summer! Have a great weekend!

32. 8.1.14
    Pamela said:

LOVE your mason jar! So cute! I have a migraine today so I called in to work to do the same thing as you. Glad you're feeling better now though. Your pup… too cute! Have a great weekend!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

33. 8.1.14
    Biana Perez said:

I love the brainstorming session – those are my favorite!! Sorry to hear about your migraine but at least you got some much needed tv and relaxation time in!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xo