Weekending // Up North Edition

As always after a holiday weekend, I’m sure all of you can agree that Monday morning has come much too soon.

Did everybody have a fun and relaxing long weekend? As I mentioned last week, Ryan and I spent the past few days in northern Wisconsin at his family’s lake house in Hayward, Wis. We hadn’t been up there since last Labor Day – we weren’t even married yet! – so it was nice to escape and soak up some sunshine and fresh air.

The Anderson men always kick off the weekend with a shot of bourbon (can you say gross?!) and a toast to the ones that came before us … or in their lingo, “the old farts.” As you can see, the fashion up north is something to behold.

Ryan’s aunt and uncle also have a lake house about a half hour away, so we spent a couple hours over there Saturday morning. Ryan and his brother, Chris, helped their uncle anchor their raft. This picture doesn’t do it justice, but it was entertaining to watch.

Otherwise, the weekend consisted of a whole lot of relaxing and snuggling with Addison – Chris and his girlfriend’s, Maren, dog …

… And, we ended on a delicious note – sharing a grasshopper from Angler’s Haven, a popular local bar that’s right on the lake.

How did you spend the long weekend? Tell me below!

Linking up with:

B Loved Boston & Champagne and Suburbs

1. It was a great weekend – thanks for hosting the linkup every week!

Posted 7.11.14 Reply
  2. mdb0112 wrote:

What a gorgeous weekend in Wisconsin! That drink looks delicious! Love the pup too! Thanks for linking up! xo

Posted 7.10.14 Reply
  3. A grasshopper consists of creme de menthe, white creme de cacao and cream … aka deliciousness in a cup!

Posted 7.9.14 Reply
  4. Ah, moving – always a joyous occasion!

Posted 7.9.14 Reply
  5. Looks like a perfect weekend! What is in the "grasshopper"?! It looks amaaazing!

Posted 7.8.14 Reply
  6. Aimee Rose wrote:

Definitely! I couldn't believe it when I read where you were!

Posted 7.8.14 Reply
  7. Rachael wrote:

Mmm bourbon shots sound like my kinda thing – my weekend was spent moving house. Sounds like you had a lovely and relaxing weekend.

Posted 7.8.14 Reply
  8. Are you serious?! What are the chances! That is such a small world. I think one of these days we definitely are going to have to meet up.

Posted 7.8.14 Reply
  9. I enjoyed all your Instagram snaps from your Santa Fe trip – I bet you wish you were still there! xo

Posted 7.8.14 Reply
  10. Aimee Rose wrote:

Carly, this world is too small! I was totally on the same lake as you this weekend – my parents have a lake home up there – except we didn't make it to Angler's until Monday! (Extra long weekend for me ;))

Posted 7.8.14 Reply
  11. Maya McDonald wrote:

It looks like you had an amazing weekend! Love the snaps 🙂 I enjoyed a few extra days in Santa Fe (and I wish I was back on vacation!) xx

Posted 7.8.14 Reply
  12. Thanks girl, it was! Hope you're having a good Monday!

Posted 7.7.14 Reply
  13. It really is! It's a bit of a hike for us when we only can go for a day or two, but it's usually worth it.

14. We always manage to have a good time up there. 🙂

Posted 7.7.14 Reply
  15. That's true! I definitely appreciate it more now than when we went growing up.

Posted 7.7.14 Reply
  16. Grasshoppers are the absolute best from that place – I always look forward to them!

17. It was fun! Hope you're having great Monday. 🙂

18. The Adored Life wrote:

This looks like it was so much fun!

Posted 7.7.14 Reply
  19. This looks like such a relaxing weekend- the lake looks so refreshing and like such a nice little getaway!

20. Kristina wrote:

The lake weekend looks so fun.. glad you had a great 4th of July!

Posted 7.7.14 Reply

Looks like you had a fun weekend! Nothing like being "Up North"!

Posted 7.7.14 Reply

I would have loved to be laying out on that raft!! And that drink/dessert concoction – YUM!! What a perfect long weekend!! xo

23. Becky M wrote:

Your weekend on the water looks so fun!! I linked up too 🙂 Happy Monday girl!

• Today was a good day to have a great day. ☀️ #happy #thursdaythoughts