Summer Salads

I eat plenty of salads year-round, but there is something about the summertime months that makes a salad sound tasty and refreshing.

Salads are typically pretty easy to whip together, and they don’t have to be the boring kind – meaning, they don’t need to solely consist of just lettuce and dressing. Most salads also can be served as either a main or side dish, making them ideal for barbecue’s and get-togethers.

Plus, who wants to slave over a hot oven on a warm day? Not this Midwest girl!

I’ve rounded up a few of my top picks for summer salads that I’ve recently come across on Pinterest. I hope to give all these a try before the warm months disappear.

1. Summer Shrimp Salad – I’m looking forward to devouring this on a night that we have a craving for seafood. Shrimp on top of a fresh bed of lettuce is one of my all-time favorite combos.

2. Eggplant Caprese Salad – Give me eggplant, fresh mozzarella and tomatoes any day!

3. Loaded Strawberry Fields Salad – This looks like it resembles one of my favorite seasonal salads from Panera. The combination of strawberries, chicken and feta sounds simply delectable.

4. Fusilli Cesar Salad – I love a classic Cesar salad, so I think this looks like a delicious twist with the addition of noodles. It probably makes it a bit more filling, too.

5. Greek Tortellini Salad – I have an addiction to traditional Greek salads (sans the black olives), but I’ve never made one at home. This one takes it up a notch with the addition of cheese tortellini – yummo!

Do you have a favorite summer salad?

1. The Adored Life wrote:

Anything with fruit in it is my favorite summer salad!

Posted 10.9.14 Reply
  2. I couldn't agree more!

Posted 7.9.14 Reply
  3. I agree! And, Panera has the best salads.

Posted 7.9.14 Reply

MMM Summer salads really are THE best, I just polished off a big one from Panera, the more fruit the better 🙂

Posted 7.8.14 Reply
  5. Mine too! And, I've been on a real eggplant kick the past year, so any recipe with eggplant is considered a winner to me.

Posted 7.8.14 Reply
  6. Oh geez, I don't blame you – I'd never eat lettuce again either! But at least you can enjoy caprese and tortellini salads. 🙂

7. Me too!

Posted 7.8.14 Reply
  8. Right?! It looks like the perfect twist on a classic Cesar salad.

Posted 7.8.14 Reply
  9. Oh yummy! That's a genius idea with the chicken strips.

Posted 7.8.14 Reply
  10. Summer fruit and Greek salads are the best! They are so light and refreshing. I can't wait to give that strawberry salad a try!

11. Aimee Rose wrote:

That eggplant caprese salad looks delish! Caprese salads are my favorite!

Posted 7.8.14 Reply
  12. I actually don't eat lettuce because I got an E coli infection from it back in high school (long story haha) so the caprese and tortellini salads look amazing to me! I do miss my regular salads… but I'm too scared to ever touch lettuce again! Scarred for life!

Posted 7.8.14 Reply

These all look delicious! Might have to try one – or two!!

Posted 7.8.14 Reply

That fusilli cesar salad sounds AMAZING! Filling but not too filling! Perfect for summer!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 7.8.14 Reply

That summer shrimp salad is calling my name!! I make an asian chicken salad and use perdue chicken strips to make it an easy weeknight meal!!

Posted 7.8.14 Reply
  16. I'm not the biggest salad person, but I love summer salads with fruit or a good greek salad! That strawberry salad looks delicious!

• Today was a good day to have a great day. ☀️ #happy #thursdaythoughts