Quick Summer Makeup

The products that I typically wear during the winter months tend to be too heavy and “made up” for Midwest summers. Lately, I’ve gravitated toward lighter, fresher looks that use only a minimal amount of products. The added bonus? This look only takes me around 10 minutes to do!

Since I have imperfect skin, I typically lean toward a lighter-coverage foundation instead of a tinted moisturizer to maintain a decent level of coverage and staying power. The Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation keeps my skin looking fresh and dewy (not oily) all day long. I, of course, follow-up with a concealer to hide any blemishes or imperfections that the foundation itself didn’t cover. This Neutrogena under eye concealer is new to my collection, and so far I am impressed – it claims to be a concealer, eye cream and sun protector all-in-one, and I can say that it keeps my dark circles covered and hydrated.

Maybelline’s Dream Bouncy Blush in Coffee Cake provides both a healthy dose of bronze and blush to the hollows and apples of my cheeks. I try to avoid piling on the products in my eye area, so the Benefit Gimme Brow grooms my brows just enough to look put together, and I pack on the mascara to compensate for a lack of eyeliner. I finish off the look with one of my favorite NYX Mega Shine Lip Glosses – I’ve mostly been reaching for the shade Beige.

What are your go-to summer makeup products?

1. Miriam wrote:

you just convinced me to purchase the chanel vitalumiere aqua. have always been eyeing it. <3

Posted 7.24.14 Reply
  2. I've only discovered them this year, and now I can't get enough – they really are the perfect lip glosses!

Posted 7.24.14 Reply
  3. I agree! I cringe at old photos of myself when I had super thin brows – not a good look.

Posted 7.24.14 Reply
  4. Even if you have fuller brows, I definitely think the Gimme Brow adds a little something and makes them more defined/polished.

Posted 7.24.14 Reply
  5. I am planning on doing the same with my 20% off coupon to Ulta – I just can't help myself with those!

Posted 7.24.14 Reply
  6. I'm almost out, too! Good thing I just got my 20% off coupon to Ulta. 🙂

Posted 7.24.14 Reply
  7. Right?! That's why I love laying out in the sun, even though I know that's not too good for my skin either!

Posted 7.24.14 Reply
  8. Rachel wrote:

I LOVE NYX lip glosses and that's totally what I wear in the summer too!

Posted 7.24.14 Reply
  9. herbalremedies wrote:

love your brows and your makeup routine! I want try it. Where can I check out more of your work?!herbal remedies

Posted 7.24.14 Reply
  10. The Adored Life wrote:

I LOVE having full brows! This is definitely my favorite beauty trends that has been around in the past five years!

Posted 7.23.14 Reply

I have pretty full brows as it is, do the fibers in the gimme brow really make a difference? That's always been what has kept me from testing it out.

Posted 7.23.14 Reply
  12. I just went to town at the last Ulta sale with NYX products! So many lip butters 🙂

Posted 7.23.14 Reply

I'm the same, I like lighter coverage but more than a bb cream. I need to try the Chanel foundation, I've heard nothing but good! You know I love the Gimme Brow, I'm almost out of mine!

Posted 7.23.14 Reply
  14. I have a much lighter makeup routine in the summer, too! It's amazing what a bit of a tan can do to help out skin imperfections!

Posted 7.23.14 Reply
  15. Exactly! I think that's where a lot of people make the mistake with tinted moisturizer vs a lighter-coverage foundation.

Posted 7.23.14 Reply
  16. It's definitely the priciest foundation I've ever purchased, but it was totally worth it!

Posted 7.23.14 Reply
  17. The Benefit primer made me break out, and I was so disappointed about it! It seemed like an awesome primer.

Posted 7.23.14 Reply
  18. Yes! I swear by those cream blushes and the cream blush sticks from NYX.

Posted 7.23.14 Reply
  19. I'm glad I can help out! 🙂 I definitely bought that Neutrogena concealer on a whim, but I'm glad I did – it was a good find!

20. Britt @Perpetually Daydreaming wrote:

I'd love to try out that foundation! I have the same problem – I don't want to wear something really heavy in the summer, but I still want good coverage!

Posted 7.23.14 Reply
  21. That Chanel foundation sounds so lush, I really do need to try it one day! Dewy and not oily is definitely always a plus!

22. Aimee Rose wrote:

I'm going to have to try that Neutrogena concealer, I'm always looking for a better one! I can't do with out my Benefit Stay Flawless 15 hour primer, without that everything would slide right off my face!

Posted 7.23.14 Reply

Love your makeup routine! It's so easy yet timeless! I've been wanting to try that dream bouncy blush, I might have to run out and get that this week. 🙂

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 7.23.14 Reply

Love when you give me the low down on products I wouldn't normally get like the concealer from Neutrogena!! I'm the same in the summer – not too much fuss!!