Happy Friday and beginning of the weekend, all! The beginning of the week was less-than-stellar for me, but it progressively got better, and now I’m ready to enjoy some sunshine and fun!
Wherever you are and whatever you do this weekend, I hope you have a blast! Here is a recap of my week.
1. ICYMI – Miss in the Midwest officially is a .com domain! No more mister .blogspot for my little space on the Internet. Don’t worry if you have the .blogspot.com address bookmarked in your browswer – it will still redirect you to the new address.
2. On Sunday, Ryan and I met up with my family to watch and cheer on my brother as he competed in his second half Ironman triathlon. For those of you who aren’t familiar with what a half Ironman is, it’s 70.3 miles of swimming, biking and running. Yep, you read that correctly. I’m pretty sure I would be dead after just the swimming, if I’d even make it through that. My brother did a great job, and we couldn’t be more proud of him! P.S. Ladies – he’s single.
3. I love receiving snail mail. To me, there is still nothing like seeing your name handwritten on an envelope and opening it up to see what’s inside. It’s extra special when my little cousin-in-law/flower girl sends us a note!
4. I was able to check off another item from my summer bucket list Wednesday night – host a family barbecue! Not everybody was there, but we had my brother staying with us for a few days and our cousins Eddie and Nicole came over for the festivities. It was their first time meeting Finn and as expected, he loved them and all the attention.
5. You didn’t think I would possibly end this post without at least one solo picture of Finn, did you?! I’ve turned into one of those women who take multiple daily iPhone pictures of their dog. Oh well – no shame over here.
Linking up with: