High Five for Friday

Happy Friday and beginning of the weekend, all! The beginning of the week was less-than-stellar for me, but it progressively got better, and now I’m ready to enjoy some sunshine and fun!
Wherever you are and whatever you do this weekend, I hope you have a blast! Here is a recap of my week.

1. ICYMI – Miss in the Midwest officially is a .com domain! No more mister .blogspot for my little space on the Internet. Don’t worry if you have the .blogspot.com address bookmarked in your browswer – it will still redirect you to the new address.
2. On Sunday, Ryan and I met up with my family to watch and cheer on my brother as he competed in his second half Ironman triathlon. For those of you who aren’t familiar with what a half Ironman is, it’s 70.3 miles of swimming, biking and running. Yep, you read that correctly. I’m pretty sure I would be dead after just the swimming, if I’d even make it through that. My brother did a great job, and we couldn’t be more proud of him! P.S. Ladies – he’s single.

3. I love receiving snail mail. To me, there is still nothing like seeing your name handwritten on an envelope and opening it up to see what’s inside. It’s extra special when my little cousin-in-law/flower girl sends us a note!

4. I was able to check off another item from my summer bucket list Wednesday night – host a family barbecue! Not everybody was there, but we had my brother staying with us for a few days and our cousins Eddie and Nicole came over for the festivities. It was their first time meeting Finn and as expected, he loved them and all the attention.

5. You didn’t think I would possibly end this post without at least one solo picture of Finn, did you?! I’ve turned into one of those women who take multiple daily iPhone pictures of their dog. Oh well – no shame over here.

Linking up with:

1. Megan Klingler wrote:

I'm totally jealous of the fact you are wearing a sweater during summer months! I'm originally from Illinois but now live in south Texas. Everyone has been raving about the glorious weather the midwest has been getting! I won't be wearing a sweater till December!

Posted 10.9.14 Reply
  2. Ally Harding wrote:

Could your puppy be any freaking cuter?! Yikes that Ironman triathlon sounds brutal! 70 miles? No thank you! Have a great weekend! Life as I know it

Posted 10.9.14 Reply
  3. Congrats on the domain! It looks like you had a full week of family, which is always the best! Hope you guys have a good weekend 🙂

Posted 7.26.14 Reply
  4. Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only pet parent that takes lots of pictures of their fur baby! I'll deliver the message to my brother – all those triathletes are super inspiring. It was so neat to witness!

Posted 7.26.14 Reply
  5. And, I wish we were having 90 degree weather! But, I never complain when I get an opportunity to wear that sweater – it's my favorite.

Posted 7.26.14 Reply
  6. Glad I'm not the only one! Like you told me earlier, it's truly amazing how much love and joy one little fur baby can bring to your life. I'm obsessed with him!

Posted 7.26.14 Reply
  7. Thank you! I'll deliver the message to my brother. And, yes – it's always busy, busy, busy around these parts. Happy Friday!

Posted 7.26.14 Reply
  8. I know – I'm not sure why I didn't do it sooner! But hey – better late than never. Have a fabulous weekend!

Posted 7.26.14 Reply
  9. Thanks, lady! Have a great weekend!

Posted 7.26.14 Reply
  10. Haha, right?! I would literally pass out from that race. And, thank you – Finn knows he's pretty cute. 🙂

Posted 7.26.14 Reply
  11. Please, don't be jealous – it's the end of July, almost August, and we have yet to experience consistent summer weather around here! I couldn't believe I had to wear a sweater that night.

Posted 7.26.14 Reply
  12. Thank you! And, yes – the scale says Finn hasn't grown much, but he certainly seems bigger to us.

13. Thank you! I'll pass along the message to my brother. 🙂

Posted 7.26.14 Reply
  14. This is the first time we've ever had a backyard, too, so we are taking full advantage of it. 🙂 Happy Friday!

Posted 7.26.14 Reply
  15. My brother's triathlon accomplishments are so inspiring – I could never do something like that!

Posted 7.26.14 Reply
  16. Haha, right?! Have a great weekend!

17. Em wrote:

WOW congrats to your brother! I seriously admire anyone who can do triathlons. Anddd awwww your dog is the cutest! I'm that crazy cat woman who takes multiple photos of her cats bahaha.

Posted 7.25.14 Reply
  18. but that face though! So sweet! I'm seeing that sweater and wishing for cooler weather! I am over the 90+ degrees every day!

Posted 7.25.14 Reply

No shame at all, you should see my phone haha, Pixie overload 🙂 So precious! Sorry you didn't have a good start, but hope you have a great weekend!

Posted 7.25.14 Reply
  20. Ashley Angle wrote:

Sounds like you've been busy. All I have on my phone are pictures of my dog, lol. Congrats to your brother and on your domain!
    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Posted 7.25.14 Reply

Eek!!! Congrats on the new domain! I've been thinking about switching mine for awhile, I just haven't done it yet. I should probably do that soon. And OMG your pup…. so cute!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 7.25.14 Reply
  22. Aimee Rose wrote:

Snail mail in the best! How adorable is that puppy face! Congrats on the .com!

Posted 7.25.14 Reply

Love the picture of all my "kiddos"! Of course, love the pics of Finn, he looks like he's grown already in just a week! And congrats on being "official" now!

Posted 7.25.14 Reply

Getting to the .com is the best feeling!! Love the sweet pics of your pup – he is just so adorable! Hope you have a great weekend! And a big congratulations to your brother!!

Posted 7.25.14 Reply
  25. Britt @Perpetually Daydreaming wrote:

Aww he's so cute. Congrats on the .com! That was a huge undertaking for me. A bbq sounds fun! I wish we had a real backyard so we could do that!

Posted 7.25.14 Reply
  26. Ashley T wrote:

Wow, a half ironman is such an accomplishment! Finn looks so sweet. Have a great weekend!

Posted 7.25.14 Reply
  27. Caitlin S. wrote:

Love your sweater in the barbeque picture! It's been crazy cooler weather around here, something like that would be perfect right now! Finn is adorable. Is there a such thing as too many puppy pictures? 🙂

Posted 7.25.14 Reply