High Five for Finley!

Like what I did there with today’s post title?
It only seems fitting that today’s H54F post be dedicated to the new little man in our lives, the one and only Finley! My entire week (and Instagram feed) basically has revolved around that little goober, so my top five moments this week are all about him.
Plus, who doesn’t want to look at a series of adorable dog pictures? I’m pretty sure nobody has ever objected to that …
Wherever you are and whatever your plans are for the weekend, I hope you have a great time!

1. Finn overall has taken very well to his crate, which has been a blessing. He sleeps through the night with no whining, and he hasn’t had any accidents in the crate. And, yes – that is a Chicago Blackhawks fleece tie blanket that I made for him the day after I found out we were getting him. Don’t judge me.

2. Since he is in his crate all night long, we typically haven’t been keeping him in there once we are done eating dinner – that only seems fair, right? Well, he now associates nighttime as TV time and when he can come sleep on my lap. It’s a good thing he has adjusted well to being cozy.

3. Are the men in my life not the cutest? Ryan has been so excited to come home from work every day and get greeted by Finn.

4. We decided to embark on a little adventure outside our yard the other day, and Finn did surprisingly well. We only walked him a short distance down the street, and he was happy to explore and take in all the new smells. Also, that harness is a lifesaver – Finn responds much better to that instead of a leash on his collar.

5. We have a pretty solid routine going – crate time, potty/outdoor time, playtime and repeat. Playtime consists of usually laying on the rug in our family room and playing with his rope tug toy for a few minutes, and then he zonks out on my stomach. I mean, how am I ever supposed to get work done with that sleepy face on me?!

Linking up with:

1. Jackie wrote:

Oh my goodness, cuteness overload!!! I'll bet he gives the cutest little puppy kisses, too. I also love the name and think it totally suits him <3

xo Jackie

Something About That

Posted 7.20.14 Reply
  2. Kristen @YourBeautyFix wrote:

He is just too cute!! I bet he's an awesome cuddler 🙂

Posted 7.20.14 Reply
  3. Daisy L wrote:

Such a cutie!!!!!!!

Posted 7.19.14 Reply
  4. taylor wrote:

he is just too cute! congrats on your new addition to the family!

Posted 7.19.14 Reply
  5. Ha ha – that's what happened to me when one of my close girlfriends got a puppy! Plus, our rental house is on 1/2 an acre of land … the yard just needed a dog. Hopefully the same will happen for you soon, too!

Posted 7.18.14 Reply
  6. Thanks, lady! We met him and knew right away that he was a Finn. Have a great weekend!

Posted 7.18.14 Reply
  7. Yes, he sure seems to be! It definitely helps that he's been a bit spoiled by mommy and daddy this week. 🙂

8. That's his favorite way to sleep! My dad calls it is Snoopy position. 🙂

Posted 7.18.14 Reply
  9. We feel very lucky and fortunate as to how well he is adjusting – definitely the perfect puppy for us. Have a great weekend, doll! xo

Posted 7.18.14 Reply
  10. He can't wait to meet his "grandma"!

Posted 7.18.14 Reply
  11. Ha ha, I like to think that training a puppy is preparing us for a human baby someday! Thanks for hosting the linkup!

Posted 7.18.14 Reply
  12. Yes, I really can't complain too much – he's been a good boy!

Posted 7.18.14 Reply
  13. He is sooooo cute!!! Thank you for fueling my puppy fever — now I'm about to just buy the next house I see just so I can move along the dog process! Haha so glad he is adjusting well, he looks like such a happy pup!

14. Britt @Perpetually Daydreaming wrote:

Oh my gosh he is the cutest! I love the pic of him snuggling on your lap. Adorable! Love the name too.

Posted 7.18.14 Reply

He is seriously the most precious! I love him. Sounds like he is adjusting to his new little life with mom and dad perfectly 🙂

Posted 7.18.14 Reply

Seriously dying over how cute he is! That picture of him on your lap is adorable!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

17. Aimee Rose wrote:

He is just so adorable! Glad he adjusted so well and had an easy transition, sounds like the perfect puppy! Have a great weekend!

18. Becky M wrote:

I can't get enough of his face! He looks like a great smuggler!

Posted 7.18.14 Reply

What adorable pictures! Cannot wait to meet him this weekend!

20. Karli Bell wrote:

gah! i'm dying over the cuteness! if we weren't having a baby we would totally be getting a puppy. 🙂 thank you so so much for linking up!

Posted 7.18.14 Reply
  21. He is so tiny & cute! Sounds like you have the perfect routine down with him already!