Since the temperatures in the Midwest finally have caught up to my summer standards, I have been experimenting with new ways to put my hair up that are both easy and cute.
I threw my hair up in this messy bun the other day, and Ryan immediately commented on how good it looked and how much he liked it. Well, that then lead me to believe that it warranted a tutorial. This hairstyle works best (on me) with second-day hair with dry shampoo worked into it for texture and grip, and I imagine this would work best on shoulder-length hair or longer.
What you’ll need:
1. Brush through your hair to get rid of any knots. Be sure to part your hair where you want it, or brush it all back for a sleek look.
2. Pull your hair into a high pony tail, and pull tight.
3. For a softer look, pull out small pieces of hair around your face.
4. Tease the hair in your ponytail. If you’re like me and have a lot of hair, tease it in sections.
5. You should end up looking like a Dr. Seuss character by the time you’re done teasing.
6. Twist your hair straight up.
7. Keeping your hair in the twist, wrap it in a circle around the hair tie to create a bun.
8. Start securing your bun with bobby pins. The wide-set pins work best in my hair when I’m trying to pin a lot at once, so use whichever style best suits your hair.
You should be left with a style that looks similar to this!
If you give this hairstyle a try, please tag me on Instagram and use hashtag #mitmbeauty.