Button Down & Lace

I had an ah-ha moment with one of my favorite dresses this weekend. You see, this particular dress isn’t one I would normally gravitate toward let alone wear; however, it holds sentimental value because I wore it on our honeymoon last year, so I’m not jumping to get rid of it (even though it has been hanging in the closet since last October …). So, I started scouring Pinterest as I usually do when I am in need of inspiration, and I kept seeing picture after picture of girls turning dresses into skirts by simply pairing the dress with a button down or sweater. That’s when the light bulb went off! And, with leaving a few of the top buttons undone, you still get a little peekaboo effect from the top of the dress.

Those wedges are a rediscovery from the back of my closet – isn’t that the best feeling?! They aren’t quite nude but not brown either, so I think I will be pairing those neutral babies with lots of outfits in the upcoming months.
By the way, all of you with easy-to-style hair, consider yourself blessed. It took me nearly 45 minutes to get my hair to look like this. You would think pinning back both sides of your hair would be easy, no?
Dress: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl’s (similar)
Button down: Old Navy (similar)
Shoes: Dana Buchman, Kohl’s (old)
Sunglasses: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl’s
Rose gold watch: Fossil (exact)
Gold heart bangle: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl’s
Rose gold earrings: Forever 21, maybe?

1. Anna James wrote:

oh my goodness, I love this combo. Perfect for summer. Fabulous post, love. If you get a moment, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xx

Posted 7.30.14 Reply
  2. Maya McDonald wrote:

This is SUCH a cute combo! I have a similar shirt and I have been wondering how to wear it in the summer. Totally stealing your look, yo! xx

Posted 7.30.14 Reply
  3. I'm sad that those flats are old!! I am on the search for the perfect flats. I love your outfit!

Posted 7.30.14 Reply
  4. Such a good idea!! I have 5 white dresses from last summers wedding showers/honeymoon that I can't bare to get rid of but also have no where to wear them! I'll have to try this out πŸ™‚

Posted 7.30.14 Reply
  5. Amanda Gail Crute wrote:

I also meant "gorg!" not gorgo. haha!

6. Thanks, lady! And, yes – nothing quite beats those moments. πŸ™‚

7. Yes! Midwest twins. πŸ™‚

Posted 7.29.14 Reply
  8. Right?! There's really no excuse for me to have all these dresses hanging in my closet now that I "can't" wear.

9. Thanks, lady!

10. Ah, I hope you do!

11. Thanks, Amanda!

Posted 7.29.14 Reply
  12. It's a great summer look, especially with the cooler temps we've had.

13. Thanks, lady!

Posted 7.29.14 Reply
  14. Thanks, lady! I'm pretty sure they are from Forever 21, but they are so old that I can't remember lol

Posted 7.29.14 Reply
  15. Yes, absolutely! I'm looking forward to wearing this more. Thanks, girl. πŸ™‚

Posted 7.29.14 Reply

Beautiful look! Love those aha moments and rediscovering things πŸ™‚

17. The Adored Life wrote:

I JUST wore something very similar to this the other day to a meeting! Twins!

Posted 7.29.14 Reply
  18. That is a total aha moment especially when a lot of my dresses on the top aren't work appropriate but then I can throw a top over it and bam….multi purpose!

19. Emily wrote:

Absolutely loving this adorable combo on you!

Isn’t That Charming.

20. Britt @Perpetually Daydreaming wrote:

Super cute! That dress looks gorgeous!

21. Aimee Rose wrote:

Love the stripes with the lace, super cute! I may have to give this one a try!

22. Amanda Gail Crute wrote:

i love what you did here! gorgo!

Posted 7.29.14 Reply

Very cute outfit! The whole look just says "summer!"

Posted 7.29.14 Reply

Saw this on your Insta feed and it is SO cute! Totally love it!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 7.29.14 Reply
  25. This is so perfect and summery- what a fun way to easily change up an outfit! Love those earrings too!

Posted 7.29.14 Reply

I saw when you posted this on instagram and loved it!! Such a great refresh to a favorite of yours!