A New Addition

As I mentioned last week before I went on holiday break, Ryan and I have some exciting news to announce!

Our family is growing … Okay, not with a human baby, but a furry baby!

I am excited to introduce you to Finley, (currently Ethan – we will be changing his name) or Finn for short. He is a 10-week old, 8-pound Labrador/Schnauzer mix puppy.

We had been researching puppies for quite some time, but we weren’t sure it was going to work out this year based on timing, cost and getting permission from our landlord to have a dog in the house. Well, that all changed when I came across Fluffy Dog Rescue and saw this litter of puppies on the website. Ryan and I pretty much instantly fell in love with Finley’s little face, and after reading the heartbreaking story of where these dogs came from, we knew we had to go for it. Everything fell in line from there!

We had the opportunity to meet the little guy last Wednesday, and there was no doubt that he was our puppy. You know how some people say that sometimes the dog chooses you? Well, I’m a firm believer in that now, and I feel so lucky that we just randomly stumbled upon this website and found Finley. Plus, who doesn’t want to rescue/adopt a puppy and give it a loving home?!

Finley is coming home to us Monday, and we cannot wait to have this new addition in the house and to our family. Sure, it’s going to be a lot of work in the beginning, but it definitely will be worth it. If any of you have puppies or dogs, please leave me any helpful advice – I can use all that I can get!

1. Aimee Rose wrote:

He is so so cute! I can not wait to see all the pictures and updates! It will be work, but it will be totally worth it!

Posted 7.11.14 Reply
  2. Ha, your comment gave me the biggest smile I've had all day! He really is a cutie – and so sweet, too! I'll be sure to share lots of IG pics and updates about him. πŸ™‚

Posted 7.11.14 Reply
  3. Thank you! He is awful cute. πŸ™‚

Posted 7.11.14 Reply
  4. Thanks, lady! We are so happy that we were able to find a rescue dog to adopt instead of going through a breeder. It seems that much more rewarding!

Posted 7.11.14 Reply
  5. The Adored Life wrote:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! What a total cutie!

Posted 7.11.14 Reply
  6. Thank you!! We always liked the name Finley/Finn, and when we met him, we knew it just fit.

Posted 7.10.14 Reply
  7. Thank you! Yes, I'm already pretty much prepared to take care of him as I would a child for the first couple months – hopefully all that hard work will pay off, though!

8. Emily wrote:

Oh. My. Gosh. He's ADORABLE!

Isn’t That Charming.

9. Myla wrote:

Aww! He does have an adorable face! Kudos on going the rescue route too. Enjoy!

Posted 7.10.14 Reply
  10. He is SO cute! And I love the name! Congratulations!!!

Posted 7.10.14 Reply

OMG love times a million!!! Finley is so adorable! I can't wait to see all of the cute pictures of him! Having a puppy is hard work at first (seriously, it's like having a baby that is mobile) but it definitely gets easier. Good luck!!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 7.10.14 Reply
  12. Awe, thanks girl! Adopting a dog really is the best, isn't it?! I can't even put into words how ecstatic we are for our new family member. I apologize in advance for how many Instagrams there will be of him. πŸ™‚

Posted 7.10.14 Reply
  13. Thank you! He is such a cutie.

Posted 7.10.14 Reply
  14. Your new grand-dog can't wait to meet you either!

Posted 7.10.14 Reply

I am so so excited for you all, little sweet Finley is precious! You guys will be over the moon πŸ™‚ This took me back to when we adopted Pixie almost 7 years ago! We changed her name too, it was Tallulah… We had been searching for the right dog and the Humane Society sent me her pic as soon as she came in, we knew instantly. She's been the biggest JOY in our life!

Posted 7.10.14 Reply
  16. So exciting– and what a sweet puppy!!

Posted 7.10.14 Reply

I am so excited for you and cannot wait to meet my new "grand-dog"! The only advice I can give is to give him lots of love, praise and consistency! He is just the cutest!

18. Becky M wrote:

Oh. My. Gosh. Cuteness overload!! Love! You'll love being a puppy mom πŸ™‚

Posted 7.10.14 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney