Summer 2014 Bucket List

I have been busy reading a lot of summer bucket lists lately, and it occurred to me that I’ve never taken the time to make such a thing. Ryan and I have been so busy during recent summers that we typically just go with the flow and go about our usual ways when we actually have time to ourselves.

Well, thanks to all of you, I’m feeling inspired to reach big and outline some activities that I’d like to participate in this summer! Some items on my list already are occurring in the next few weeks, but hey – it made me feel better to know that I already am planning on accomplishing some of these.

• Successfully get my virtual assistant business up and running
  • Spend the day at Summerfest and see a concert (next Friday – Brad Paisley!)
  • Visit Door County, Wis.
  • Get one-year wedding anniversary photos taken (in the works!)
  • Finally watch my brother compete in a triathlon (July 20 and September 7 – Ironman)
  • Really learn how to use my DSLR and all its functions; buy a new lens
  • Take a hike or bike ride on one of the many trails near our home
  • Go to any (or all) festivals in downtown Milwaukee
  • Host a family and friends grill-out and bags tournament

What is on your summer to-do list?

Love that you guys are going to do One Year Anniversary photos – that is so fun!!

Posted 6.23.14 Reply
  2. Aimee Rose wrote:

So jealous your going to the Brad Paisley concert. I saw he was coming to Summer Fest and wanted to try to make it, it just snuck up on me, have so much fun!

Posted 6.20.14 Reply
  3. Thank you! It will be our first concert of the summer – we try to go to a few if we can – so I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be sure to share the pictures after they are taken – I'm so excited for July 24 now!

Posted 6.20.14 Reply
  4. Nichole wrote:

Have fun at Brad Paisley! I want to go to a concert soon really bad!! We have a great outdoor theater and nothing is like sitting outside at night under the stars listening to the music! Can't wait to see the pictures when you have them taken:) Have fun crossing things off your list!

Posted 6.20.14 Reply
  5. Thanks, lady! Family time and a float trip sound heavenly.

Posted 6.19.14 Reply
  6. I guess they are a thing! My husband and I made a pact during our engagement that we would try to have anniversary photos taken every year since photos are so important to us and we want to capture a moment in time. So I like to think we were trendy before it was trendy. πŸ˜‰

Posted 6.19.14 Reply

Family time and a float trip are on mine! Great picks Karly πŸ˜‰

8. Britt @Perpetually Daydreaming wrote:

Great list! I didn't realize anniversary photos were a thing, but you're the second person in blogland to mention it.

Posted 6.19.14 Reply
  9. Yes! We had been considering it for a while, and then when I saw Becky's pictures (Made in the Shade Blog), I just knew we had to. And, some photographers I met via another blogger and via Instagram are coming to take them for us! So excited. πŸ™‚

Posted 6.19.14 Reply
  10. What do other people call bags?! I don't think I've ever heard it called anything else … guess the Midwest girl in me is coming out!

Posted 6.19.14 Reply
  11. Ha, probably! We'll see.

Posted 6.19.14 Reply
  12. Ah, keep trying to convince him! Pictures are so important to us, so we made a pact to try to have them taken every year just to document that moment in time.

Posted 6.19.14 Reply
  13. And I thought I was the only one that hadn't made one! I look forward to reading yours. πŸ™‚

14. Brittani and Katie - Pleasantl wrote:

Such a great idea to create a bucket list, we may need to make one ourselves now!

xo
    Brittani and Katie

Posted 6.19.14 Reply
  15. Yay for summer bucket lists! I've been wanting to visit Door County, I just wish it wasn't such a far drive from Chicago! Our first anniversary is coming up too and I've been debating anniversary pictures.. my husband veto'd the idea but I really want to do it!

Posted 6.19.14 Reply

That is a great list! Knowing you, you will do it all!

Posted 6.19.14 Reply

Great list girl! One year anniversary pics is such a cute idea! I need to buy a new lens for my camera too! Oh and learn how to use it…. LOL! I love that you call it bags! My best friend is from WI and he calls it bags too!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 6.19.14 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney