May Beauty Favorites

Can you believe that we are into the first week of June already?! I thought 2013 was a fast year, but 2014 is sure giving last year a run for its money.

With the new month, you know that brings my monthly beauty favorites! So, let’s get into my picks for May.

Suave Volumizing Mousse – A hair product is definitely a new one for me to include in my beauty favorites, considering that I typically don’t use much more than a heat protectant spray and some hairspray on a daily basis. Unlike other mousse products that I’ve tried, this one doesn’t make my scalp oily or make my hair crunchy. It provides great body and bounce to my hair, which is typically very difficult to achieve. Between this and the dry shampoo, Suave is becoming a favorite drugstore brand of mine.

Urban Decay Naked Palette (original) – This was a rediscovered favorite for me throughout the past month, and I’m sure glad I finally dug it out from the back of my vanity. I’ll admit – I’ve been pretty taken with my Lorac Pro Palette these past months, so my Naked palettes have taken a backseat. Well, not anymore! I forgot how pigmented the shadows are and how they are smooth as butter during application. My favorite combination has been Naked buffed above the crease and then Buck buffed into the crease for a natural, everyday look.

bareMinerals Concealer in Summer Bisque – I picked this up in my recent Sephora haul, and I’m sure glad I did. Just like it’s sister, Well Rested, it sets my liquid under eye concealer without creasing, brightens the eye area, and provides additional coverage where needed.

Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso – Another rediscovered beauty favorite for me (it’s amazing now that I have a vanity to see everything I own!), this blush is both pigmented and highlighting. It is a pink/coral color, and it gives a gorgeous sheen to the skin – perfect for tan, summer skin!

Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in Soothing Sorbet – This is a great lip balm. The added ingredient of Menthol nourishes my chapped lips throughout the day, and honestly, I love that minty, clean smell it provides. It’s perfect when I’m just running errands or in a rush since it provides a my-lips-but-better color all while promoting my lips to be healthy and smooth.

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Beige – You all already know my love for these glosses, and this one is no different. It’s a great neutral pink shade and can be worn in combination with nearly any pink, coral or neutral lipstick. I actually picked this up as part of a three-pack set from TJMaxx – always check the beauty section and up near the register because you never know what you will come across! I discovered that the same set I bought also is available online at Ulta!

Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen in 03 Blackened Brown – I have a strong love/hate relationship with liquid eyeliner, but the new pen contraptions and formulas make it pretty fool-proof for those like me that have a hard time applying it. Just like most things in the Colorstay line, this eyeliner provides a strong color payoff and lasts all day without smudging. I’ve even used this to stamp the under part of my lashes to provide definition without taking up lid space since I have a slightly hooded eye. It also pairs well with my Naked palette combination that I’ve been wearing all month.

What were your favorite beauty products during May?

1. I have the Naked 2 and LOVE it! I also have the Lorac Pro Palette and have to agree that the Naked shadows are much more pigmented. I still need to try the BM concealer.. I'm obsessed with everything else they make so I'm sure this one will be a winner, too!

Posted 6.5.14 Reply

I may just try that mousse myself, you know I'm always looking to plump up my flat hair! Goes to show you don't have to pay a lot for a great product!

Posted 6.5.14 Reply
  3. Yes, the liquid pens make such a difference! It still takes me a while to apply it, but that's just because I'm eyeliner-challenged.

Posted 6.5.14 Reply
  4. The Dr. Rescue formula is so good for your lips, I think you'd like it!

Posted 6.5.14 Reply
  5. I STILL have to try the butter glosses, but for now, I enjoy the Mega Shine glosses. πŸ™‚

Posted 6.5.14 Reply
  6. Absolutely!

Posted 6.5.14 Reply
  7. I can't believe I've been neglecting my Naked palette!

Posted 6.5.14 Reply
  8. I agree with you! Using your fingers to apply those shadows works like a charm. I'll keep an eye out for Luminoso for you. πŸ™‚

Posted 6.5.14 Reply
  9. You won't regret it!

Posted 6.5.14 Reply
  10. I've only ever used it with a blow dryer because I think you need the heat in order for the product to work in your hair.

Posted 6.5.14 Reply

I have the finest, flattest hair ever so I love using mousse to help give me a little more oomph. Do you use the Suave mousse with a blow dryer every time or can you let it air dry and it still gives you the same results?

Posted 6.5.14 Reply
  12. Great picks! I've been wanting to try Baby Lips for a while, and I think I might have to now!

xo Kylie

Posted 6.4.14 Reply

Every time I try to buy Luminoso, it's sold out πŸ™ One day I'll get lucky! I've been reaching for my original Naked palette a lot lately too! I've been using my finger to apply the shadow from my Naked palettes, weird but applies sooooo much better!

Posted 6.4.14 Reply

The Naked palette is one of my "can't live without" products! I've been wanting to try the Baby Lips, I just haven't yet! I need to get one soon!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 6.4.14 Reply

THE NYX lip gloss is my 2nd favorite to the butter glosses!! I love the first naked palette- such great colors!!

Posted 6.4.14 Reply
  16. Becky M wrote:

I want that urban decay shadow!! Great picks!

Posted 6.4.14 Reply
  17. carly wrote:

Luminoso is so pretty! I recently pulled mine out again too & forgot how much I had loved it before! That sounds like a really nice baby lips shade/formula! I have a couple of the regular ones, but might pick up the Dr. Rescue soon!

Posted 6.4.14 Reply
  18. Britt @Perpetually Daydreaming wrote:

I love the revlon regular eye liner, so I'll definitely be trying out that liquid pens. Don't pens make it so much easier to put on liquid liner? I've also been curious about the Baby Lips, which I'll be trying as well! Thanks for sharing your reviews πŸ™‚

Posted 6.4.14 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney