High Five for Friday

It’s Friday, folks! It’s been kind of a weird week for me, full of ups and downs, so I’m looking forward to recharging a bit this weekend. I plan to engage in some heavy retail therapy – Forever 21, here I come!
Wherever you are and whatever your plans are, I hope you have a great weekend! Here’s a recap of my week.

1. I continue to be amazed by the wildlife that surrounds us at our home. My newest discovery? Chipmunks! One poor little guy got trapped in our garage yesterday while I was out, and instead of running outside when I pulled my car in, it ran into a pile of cardboard we currently have in the garage. I had to resort rattling the cardboard so the chipmunk would get scared and finally run free outside.
2. I’m getting prepped for bridesmaid duty in a few weeks! I got my dress back from the alterations shop, and it fits great. Between the bachelorette party next weekend and the wedding less than a month away, I think I’m almost as excited as the bride and groom!

3. I finished reading Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns earlier this week. It wasn’t better or worse than the first book, just average, mindless reading. It will be interesting if they decide to turn this book into a movie sequel, too – I think they could take a lot of cinematic liberties with it to make it decent.
4. I got a couple good workouts in this week at the gym. The warmer weather and sunshine is definitely motivating me to keep up my workout routine. My current obsession is reverse lunges, hence my feet hanging out in the air.

5. Mr. in the Midwest and I had a mini-date night this week when we didn’t have any food in the house for me to cook. I hadn’t been to Qdoba in years, and all I can say is QUESO. Go, eat it, and love it.

Linking up with:

Love that bridesmaid dress! So pretty on you! And yum to that Qdoba date night! Their queso is the best!!! Happy Friday!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 6.23.14 Reply
  2. Oh Qdoba – yum. I could live off of their quesadillas, so good! Love that bridesmaid dress and I totally agree with you that being part of a wedding party can be just as exciting as your actual wedding, besides you don't have any of the stress that comes with being the bride!! 🙂

Posted 6.8.14 Reply
  3. Mmm, love Qdoba!! Much preferred over Chipotle any day!

And yay for retail therapy – always necessary after a draining week! 🙂 🙂

Posted 6.8.14 Reply
  4. Britt @Perpetually Daydreaming wrote:

Love me some Qdoba. My bridesmaids dresses for my wedding looked exactly like that one! Looks great on you! Have a great weekend!

Posted 6.6.14 Reply
  5. Em wrote:

You're rocking that bridesmaid dress, girl!! Revenge Wears Prada is in my stack of my books to read too. I'm all for mindless/entertaining reads every now and again hahaha. TGIF girl!

Posted 6.6.14 Reply
  6. Love your sneaks girl! Oh and that bridesmaid dress is actually very pretty…..you know how some of them look 😉 Hooray for Queso I could literally eat that everyday! I love lunch dates with Mark I wish we could have more during the week (if ever!) Thanks for linking up gorgeous!!! xoxoxo

Posted 6.6.14 Reply
  7. Beautiful bridesmaid dress color! Looks great on you! And high-five for reverse lunges!

Posted 6.6.14 Reply
  8. carly wrote:

That's such a pretty bridesmaids dress & the color looks great on you! We have very few Qdoba's around here, but every time we see one I try and convince my husband we need to go because he's never been!

Posted 6.6.14 Reply

Mmmmm Qdoba! Gosh I'm hungry this morning… Love that dress, that'll be so fun 🙂 Yay for some good workouts. Enjoy your weekend and shopping 😉

Posted 6.6.14 Reply
  10. Chipmunks are the cutest, we don't have many around here. I plan to engage in a little retail therapy myself – hello Target & Forever 21.

Posted 6.6.14 Reply

Totally agree with the book review – I think it would be much better as a movie since we already know the characters!! That's a super pretty bridesmaids dress! Hope you have a great weekend!

Posted 6.6.14 Reply
  12. Cassie Lee wrote:

That dress is to die for!

Posted 6.6.14 Reply

Retail therapy always works for me, relax and have some fun shopping this weekend!

Posted 6.6.14 Reply
  14. Aimee Rose wrote:

Go get it with that retail therapy – it is definitely my go to therapy method as well, amazing what a little shopping can do for your spirit! Hope you have some good finds and a great weekend!

Posted 6.6.14 Reply