Green Smoothie

A few weeks ago, I shared my new-found love for green smoothies, and several of you asked for my recipe. Well, today is the day!

I honestly considered if whether or not this even warranted a whole blog post because it’s that easy. There are hundreds of variations out there on the Web and on Pinterest, but the combination that has worked well for me includes the following:

1 banana
1 cup of spinach
2 cups of water
1 cup of your preferred frozen fruit

See?! It’s a no-brainer combination for me since I’m not a morning person, and this allows me to mindlessly go to the fridge and get all the ingredients. I know several people also add some almond milk or protein powder to their smoothies for a creamier texture, but I prefer water so it is more of a true fruit smoothie and it ensures I’m getting two cups of water right away in the morning.

If you try out a green smoothie, be sure to share a picture with me on Instagram! I’d love to see how they turn out and hear of any new delicious pairings you all come up with.

1. I know, except Dad wants to eat it like ice cream!

Posted 6.17.14 Reply
  2. Exactly! And, it keeps the calorie count down.

Posted 6.17.14 Reply
  3. Thanks – good ol' Target.

Posted 6.17.14 Reply
  4. I'm sure there will be!

Posted 6.17.14 Reply
  5. Absolutely! It just gives it more of a fruit taste, rather than it being so creamy.

Posted 6.17.14 Reply
  6. Right?! I like to keep it simple.

Posted 6.17.14 Reply
  7. Ha, this made me laugh! I used to be intimidated by the blender too, but now it's a brainless activity when I make these smoothies – probably because I don't have to chop up ice or anything.

8. That sounds delish!

9. It definitely is. 🙂

Posted 6.17.14 Reply
  10. It's pretty much brainless!

Posted 6.17.14 Reply
  11. I've definitely used too much spinach before, and it can affect the taste of the smoothie.

Posted 6.17.14 Reply
  12. Let me know how you like it!

Posted 6.17.14 Reply
  13. I just use an Oster brand blender – nothing fancy, but it gets the job done!

Posted 6.17.14 Reply
  14. I love your pink straw! Which blender do you use?

15. Nichole wrote:

I'm so excited for this!!! 🙂 I want to try it asap. It will be my first green smoothie ever!

16. carly wrote:

I need to try making them with water! Usually I use vanilla almond milk for a little bit of sweetness, but lately it hasn't been as satisfying– or I'm using too much spinach.. haha

Posted 6.17.14 Reply

Wow this sounds so easy! Going to have to try it!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

18. Audrey Allure wrote:
    Posted 6.17.14 Reply

YUM!! I drank something very similar today 🙂 I used half almond milk and half water and I added chia and flax. I love spinach, berries and banana!

20. The Adored Life wrote:

I HATE using a blender. I know, that is so weird but I just hate them so every green smoothie I have ever made has turned out bad. I should invest in a better one.

Posted 6.17.14 Reply
  21. I need to try this! The ones with like 8 ingredients overwhelm me.. who has time for that in the morning?!

Posted 6.17.14 Reply
  22. I've never heard of using water, but I'll have to try this out! Great idea!

xo Kylie

23. Aimee Rose wrote:

Love that it's so easy! My husband just got a juicer for his birthday so I have a feeling I have a lot of this green stuff in my future!

24. Becky M wrote:

Love how easy this is!! And that cup is super cute!

Posted 6.17.14 Reply

You got your Dad and I hooked on these, too!

Posted 6.17.14 Reply

I love that you do it with water and not any sort of milk – much easier for me!!

• Today was a good day to have a great day. ☀️ #happy #thursdaythoughts