Gold Stripes & Coral

Happy Monday, all! If I look overly smiley in these pictures, it’s
because I was (and am) for several reasons – one being that I found a
new part of the yard that I love as a background for style pictures, and
two that I simply love this outfit. It combines my current color
combination obsession, gold and coral, and it is comfy enough to wear
while running errands but dressy enough to wear out to eat.

I’ve also been pairing that necklace with a variety of outfits lately. It picked up the coral in the shorts for this outfit, but I’ve also paired it with a mint top and white shorts and a simple white tee and denim cutoffs. It makes a statement and packs a punch of color without being too overbearing. The best part? I found it at Forever 21 for less than $5.

I’m looking forward to creating more outfits centered around this top since the gold and stripes are versatile and will work with a number of different colored bottoms.

Note: Please ignore my nails in all these photos – I completely forgot to take off my gross, chipped polish before we shot these pictures. Oops!

Links are to the exact or similar items pictured.
shorts | Old Navy
necklace | Forever 21
sandals | Target

1. 6.5.14
    Debra Stachelski said:

That is a very cute outfit and you look great! Love that color combo on you!

2. 6.3.14

Yes, you sure can't beat F21's jewelry selection and prices.

3. 6.3.14

Thank you! It's definitely one of my favorite color combinations.

4. 6.3.14

Exactly! The top wasn't cheap for only being a cotton top, but I knew it was worth the investment since it is so versatile. I basically can wear it year-round.

5. 6.3.14

Right? Thanks!

6. 6.3.14

Thanks, lady!

7. 6.3.14

I agree with you! I was sad I couldn't find the same color on Old Navy's website – I got these last year, so they must not be releasing the same color.

8. 6.3.14

Right?! Thank you F21 for your amazingly cheap jewelry.

9. 6.3.14

Right?! I already know that top will become a basic staple for me.

10. 6.3.14

Thanks, girl!

11. 6.3.14

Thanks, lady! It definitely has become a favorite color combination of mine.

12. 6.3.14

Thanks, girl! I'm glad someone thinks my hair looks good … I am so sick of it!

13. 6.3.14

You're right! I didn't even mention that the stripes are metallic – it's all about the details.

14. 6.3.14

I think you'd love it!

15. 6.3.14

Thanks, girl!

16. 6.3.14
    Kelli B said:

LOVE this outfit! Gold and coral look great together!

17. 6.3.14
    Maya McDonald said:

That top is SO fun! I'm going to head over to JCrew Factory to check it out right now 🙂 xx

18. 6.2.14
    Nadia said:

That top is amazing! I love that it's a simple style/pattern but the fact that it's metallic makes it so interesting!

19. 6.2.14

Your hair looks so fabulous and I am loving that top!!

20. 6.2.14

I am loving this outfit! The gold and coral is so cute together!

xo Kylie

21. 6.2.14
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

LOVE the gold and coral!!

22. 6.2.14
    Britt @Perpetually Daydreaming said:

Love that color combo! I must find me a gold striped top now. 🙂

23. 6.2.14
    becauseshannasaidso said:

The gold metallic stripe top is adorable!! Love all the neutral pastel colors…such an easy breezy summer look! Yay for the $5 necklace!! SCORE!!

24. 6.2.14

Love this color combination, gold and coral look so elegant together! Can't beat a $5 statement necklace, great find!

25. 6.2.14
    The Adored Life said:

Gold and blush are stunning together! Love this!

26. 6.2.14
    carly said:

I am OBSESSED with that top! I love gold and love how you paired it with the coral shorts, but it would seriously go with anything!

27. 6.2.14
    Biana Perez said:

Gold and blush – there cannot be a better combination!! Love it!!

28. 6.2.14
    Pamela said:

Seriously love that top! And gold, white and coral is my favorite color combination! Great look girl!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

29. 6.2.14
    Becky M said:

Oh I love those peach shorts! Sometimes is so hard to find a peach color that doesn't look orange! Yours are so pretty!