Garlic Butter Spinach & Farfalle

Okay, people. Before I get into specifics about this particular recipe, I have to preface it by saying that Ryan and I have had this twice in the past two weeks. It’s that good. Like, this could be served at Macaroni Grill good.

The original recipe for this heavenly dish comes from Diethood. My only deviation from the original measurements is with the amount of spinach – the recipe calls for five cups, but I probably use around eight. That is a rough estimate since I don’t use a measuring cup and instead, just grab handfuls of spinach from the bag. Plus, once the spinach is cooked, it really doesn’t seem like that much when it gets mixed in with the pasta. So, I think more is better.

We’ve really been enjoying this dish lately, mainly because it’s light and refreshing when it’s warm out. This also is a perfect meal to surprise your special someone with since it looks and tastes like it takes a lot more effort than it really does.

I hope you enjoy this one!

Ingredients
Half a box of Farfalle pasta (or more if you want leftovers)
5 tbsp butter
3 to 4 garlic cloves, crushed
5-8 cups fresh spinach
1 tsp dried basil
salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings

Directions:
1. Cook pasta according to the directions on the box. Meanwhile, chop up the garlic cloves. (I was excited that I finally got to use my OXO chopper that we received for our wedding, so I felt the need to document it).

2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Once the butter is melted, add the crushed garlic. Cook until fragrant.

3. Add spinach, season with salt, pepper and basil, and cook until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat. (From here, you could pick out the crushed garlic, but I chose not to).

4. Drain the cooked pasta, and add it to the garlic, butter and spinach mixture. Mix well.

5. Add the Parmesan shavings, serve and enjoy!

1. 6.5.14
    emi said:

okay yum, needing this right NOW!!! it's definitely lunchtime! πŸ™‚ xo

2. 6.4.14
    Meg Henning said:

oooh yummy!!! i love putting spinach in a pasta dish for some extra vitamin A!

3. 6.4.14
    carly said:

This looks so good! My husband loves farfelle, we have like 8 boxes of it in our kitchen, haha, so he would definitely be a fan of this!

4. 6.3.14

Lol, I'm glad someone else appreciates the presentation! My husband always makes fun of me because I get so crabby if my presentation of a meal isn't how I envisioned it. Typical Type A/perfectionist over here. πŸ™‚

5. 6.3.14

Thanks, Mom; although, I prefer the title of chef. Ha!

6. 6.3.14

Let me know if you do!

7. 6.3.14

Fabulous! I really think you'll like it – it's light and perfect for the warmer months.

8. 6.3.14

Ha ha, I'm so glad that you have been enjoying the recipes! Give me your address – frozen leftovers are on their way. πŸ™‚

9. 6.3.14

It looks and tastes simply amazing … I think it's my husband's new favorite meal!

10. 6.3.14

Absolutely! Never a good idea to read food posts around lunchtime. πŸ™‚ Thanks for stopping by!

11. 6.3.14

Let me know if you do! You won't regret it. πŸ˜‰

12. 6.3.14

Major yum! I'll have to try this!

xo Kylie

13. 6.3.14

My stomach just growled…..that looks amazing!

14. 6.3.14
    Pamela said:

You need to stop posting so many amazing recipes! I haven't gotten to try all the others I've pinned yet! πŸ™‚ I just need you to send me leftovers!!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

15. 6.3.14
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

I love simple pasta recipes like this, one of my favorites for sure. Thanks girl, we will be making this!

16. 6.3.14

That looks so good! I'm going to have to try that one soon!

17. 6.3.14
    Debra Stachelski said:

Another yummy looking recipe! You have become quite the cook!

18. 6.3.14
    Biana Perez said:

This looks beyond delicious!! The smell of garlic cooking is quite possibly the best!! great presentation girl!