French Bread Pizza

Back when I was in college, I rarely ate cafeteria food. I essentially lived on ramen noodles because none of the offered food looked appetizing to me.

Well, that all changed when Ryan and I started dating. One of the cafeterias (we had three) offered made-to-order french bread pizza, and I became hooked. Many “date nights” were spent in that cafeteria chatting and laughing over that pizza. Ah, the memories.

We haven’t had french bread pizza since we both graduated, so I thought I would change that and make them myself! After I realized just how easy it is to make french bread pizza at home, I kicked myself for not making these sooner. It satisfies our craving for pizza (which occurs almost daily) and allows us to relive our early-dating days. That’s a win-win in my book.

Ingredients:
1 loaf of french bread – we used wheat to up the healthiness factor
1-2 cans of pizza sauce
Pizza toppings of your choice – we used pepperoni, but the sky is the limit
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 500 F.
2. Cut the loaf of bread lengthwise. Spread the pizza sauce equally over each side of the bread, add the toppings, and top with cheese.
3. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
4. Cut the bread into slices, serve with a side salad, and enjoy!

1. carly wrote:

Very similar! Red Baron is the brand I believe!

2. sandyalamode wrote:

this looks sooo yummy! and it is lunch time haha!!

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

3. Enjoy!

Posted 6.11.14 Reply
  4. Absolutely – it made for the perfect at-home date night for us.

Posted 6.11.14 Reply
  5. Glad to know we weren't the only ones that ate this in college!

6. LOL right? Two things I certainly can't resist. 🙂

Posted 6.11.14 Reply
  7. I didn't even know they had these in the freezer section! Otherwise I probably would have jumped on that train long ago. 🙂

Posted 6.11.14 Reply
  8. Absolutely, it's so easy!!

9. It definitely hits the spot when you're craving a pizza. 🙂

10. Hope you enjoy!

Posted 6.11.14 Reply
  11. Right?! I have to keep it interesting so we don't eat take-out pizza three times a week.

Posted 6.11.14 Reply
  12. It's so easy! It would be a great recipe for a family gathering.

13. Nichole wrote:

They look so tasty! And what a cute story behind french bread pizza for you guys:)) My family loves pizza so I'll have to try this sometime!

Posted 6.11.14 Reply
  14. These look delicious and so easy! We're big pizza fans, too but I always like to try a new twist on the usual 🙂

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  15. Major yum! I'll have to try this!

xo Kylie

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  16. The Adored Life wrote:

This looks delicious!

Posted 6.10.14 Reply

I have always loved french bread pizza but never made it myself, thanks for sharing 🙂 Another thing I can add to my meal plans!

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  18. carly wrote:

Love this! I've never thought to make it myself, but I love the ones you can buy from the freezer section! Your option is probably a bit healthier using more fresh ingredients! Yum!

Posted 6.10.14 Reply

My kind of recipe – love bread and pizza haha!! thanks for sharing!

Posted 6.10.14 Reply

I used to make this all the time when I was in college and I completely forgot about how good it was! Now I'm definitely going to need to make it again this week!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  21. Britt @Perpetually Daydreaming wrote:

That looks so good! And super simple. I've never thought to make these myself. Looks like the perfect easy Friday night meal. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 6.10.14 Reply