Eye Primer // One Product, Two Ways

Eye primer is one of the best makeup inventions I’ve ever come across. Especially for someone like me who has oily eyelids year-round, primer is essential to keep my shadows intact and crease-free.  My holy grail eye primer is the one by Nars – once that stuff sets, it’s basically like glue and keeps my shadows looking fresh all day long.

It recently occurred to me that if primer works so well on my eyelids, it will probably be just as effective under my eyes before applying concealer.

The verdict?

It works!

I simply apply a swipe of primer under each eye before concealing, and gently dab it in with my ring finger. Once it’s dry, I apply my concealer as normal and set it with a light dusting of powder.

This has significantly increased the wear of my concealer, and I have had minimal to no creasing since adding this step to my routine.

I realize that this may not be a revelation to some of you, but hey – it was new to me, so like everything else on this blog, I thought I’d share the love!

What are some of your unique beauty secrets?

1. Becky M wrote:

Thanks for reviewing! I love the Urban Decay primer for my eyes, and I used Benefit for underneath them!

Posted 10.9.14 Reply
  2. I'm going to forever use the term "smarty party" now – I love that phrase! My under eye circles have been a little worse lately, too – I'm glad I discovered this trick!

Posted 6.27.14 Reply
  3. It's my holy grail of eye primers! Seriously, once it sets, nothing is going anywhere.

Posted 6.27.14 Reply
  4. Well, obviously I'm not a professional, but I haven't had any problem with under eye dryness. Just make sure to use a good eye cream first.

Posted 6.27.14 Reply
  5. Maya McDonald wrote:

You are such a smarty party – what a fab idea! I'm going to have to try this out – my under eye circles these days are not lookin' so fly!

Posted 6.26.14 Reply
  6. That was news to me and thank you for that life hack knowledge! How do you like the NARS primer?

Posted 6.26.14 Reply
  7. Britt @Perpetually Daydreaming wrote:

I always wondered about using primer under my eyes! But I've been told by a few beauty consultants not to do that. They say it makes the area too dry. But I might give it a try anyway. 🙂

Posted 6.25.14 Reply
  8. Right?! It really works.

Posted 6.25.14 Reply
  9. I remember you mentioning something about the Eden primer – I'll have to try it out! And, thank you – the blog design always is a work in progress, but I'm getting closer to the end result every day. 🙂

Posted 6.25.14 Reply
  10. If you try the Nars primer, I think you'll see a vast difference compared to the UD primer … that's just my humble opinion, though. 🙂

Posted 6.25.14 Reply
  11. It really is great for girls with oilier eyelids – it's been a total game-changer for me!

Posted 6.25.14 Reply
  12. Absolutely! It's a good one.

Posted 6.25.14 Reply
  13. I've never been a fan of the original UD primer, but I've heard great things about the Benefit one! I'll have to try it out.

14. Aimee Rose wrote:

Great idea, why did I never think of that?!

Posted 6.25.14 Reply

YES! I couldn't agree more, best invention ever. This is why I love the Eden primer from UD so much, serious staying power plus it's almost like a concealer so I too take it under my eyes. I tried this primer once but it was a sample and I think it was too old, I need to try it again. Thanks for the recommendation Karly! PS- your blog looks so cute!

Posted 6.25.14 Reply

I'm going to have to try this primer! I've always used the Urban Decay primer but I wan to mix it up. Definitely a good idea!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

17. carly wrote:

This is such a good idea! I always hear amazing things about the Nars lid primer!

Posted 6.25.14 Reply

That's awesome!! Gotta love when they do double duty!! I'll keep this on my radar when I run out of my current one!!