Essential Hair Products (for Long, Fine & Blonde Hair)

Considering how obsessed I am with hair, it may come as a shock that I like to keep my hair routine short and only use minimal products.

I’m relatively low-maintenance when it comes to styling my hair – let’s face it, it typically only styles straight – so I don’t experiment too much in the hair product department. These products have been my go-to for many years (some as far back as high school!), and I don’t anticipate changing it up anytime soon.

Matrix Biolage Color Care Protection Shampoo and Conditioner – I have exclusively been using this shampoo/conditioner brand and set since I first started highlighting my hair in high school. It leaves my hair clean, soft and smooth, which is detrimental for women with long, straight hair like mine. I typically buy the big bottles from Ulta when they are on sale.

Suave Dry Shampoo – Of all the dry shampoos out there, this is by far my favorite – and, it’s the cheapest! I use dry shampoo every day, even if I’ve washed my hair, to give my hair some extra volume and texture. This does leave a white residue, but it easily blends in when you brush through your hair.

Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray – I don’t heat style my hair on a daily basis, especially in the summer, but I always use this before blow drying or using a curling iron or straightener for some added protection. Plus, it smells great.

Suave Volumizing Mousse – If you saw last month’s beauty favorites, you know I have been a big fan of this stuff as of late. It doesn’t leave my hair oily or greasy, and it holds in the volume in my hair all day long.

Tresemme Salon Finish Hairspray – I rarely use hairspray, but I always have a can of this on hand for times when I do. I usually use the firm hold or extra firm hold formula.

What are your go-to hair products?

1. Aimee Rose wrote:

My favorite go to right now is Oscar Blandi's Volume and Texturizing spray, I use it similarly to how you use your dry shampoo, I actually got this because it came in a back with the dry shampoo, but I ended up liking this better!

Posted 6.23.14 Reply

I can't believe I've never tried that dry shampoo, I've pretty much hit every other one in the drugstore. I'll have to pick it up the next time I see it!

Posted 6.20.14 Reply
  3. Oh, I'll have to try their volumizing spray! Anything to help my limp strands. 🙂

Posted 6.19.14 Reply
  4. Right?! It's the best!

Posted 6.19.14 Reply
  5. Yes, I know you love that stuff – I need to try it!

Posted 6.19.14 Reply
  6. Maya McDonald wrote:

I love Biolange producuts! I swear by their volumizing spray 🙂 Great picks! xx

Posted 6.19.14 Reply
  7. Kristen @YourBeautyFix wrote:

Love that tiresome heat protectant! Ive used it for YEARS!

Posted 6.19.14 Reply
  8. I swear by the Tresemme hair spray! It's all I use. Love that it is so cheap, too. And as you know, I love my It's a 10 leave in!

Posted 6.18.14 Reply
  9. I didn't even know Matrix had a blonde care purple shampoo – I'll have to check that out! I know that's supposed to help with brasiness.

10. You are too sweet!

11. The Adored Life wrote:

You have gorgeous hair so no wonder you are obsessive about it. It totally pays off!

Posted 6.18.14 Reply
  12. Long, fine, blonde hair = me! I also use Matrix shampoo/conditioner but use the blonde care purple shampoo! I love it! Agreed that it is the only shampoo that leaves my hair soft and smooth. I'll have to try your other recommendations as well!

Paige
    tomatoesforcucumbers.com

Posted 6.18.14 Reply
  13. Yes, the heat tamer spray is my favorite, especially because it's from the drugstore! I'm not exactly sure how much it really protects my hair, but it's worth it for the smell and it does leave my hair soft.

Posted 6.18.14 Reply
  14. I need to try out some of the Big Sexy Hair products next time I put velcro rollers in my hair – I think that could really help with the volume factor!

Posted 6.18.14 Reply
  15. I don't think I've ever heard of that brand! Sounds like good stuff, though.

Posted 6.18.14 Reply
  16. I am going to pick up a bottle of Batiste next time I'm at the store – I've heard great things about it! I think I'll always be partial to the Suave one, though.

Posted 6.18.14 Reply
  17. Um, that is a life-changing tip. I will be trying that out soon … thank you!

18. Right?! So good. 🙂

Posted 6.18.14 Reply
  19. I've tried a couple things from that line, it's good stuff!

Posted 6.18.14 Reply
  20. Right?! It's such a good one!

21. shannon wrote:

Suave Dry Shampoo is one of my faves (and I've tried A LOT)!

Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

Posted 6.18.14 Reply

I love Biolage too, such great products. They always make my hair soft and smell amazing. I can't tell you how many bottles of the Tresemme hair spray I've gone through, it's my all time fave, and so cheap. I love the It's a 10 line too 🙂

Posted 6.18.14 Reply

I love the Biolage products!! So amazing!!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

24. Brittani and Katie - Pleasantl wrote:

Love love love biolage shampoo and conditioner, it works wonders on our hair! Fun tip on dry shampoo, if you put it in your hair at night before you go to bed the white residue will go away by the time you wake up and it will still accomplish your goal!

xo
    Brittani and Katie

25. Becky M wrote:

So glad you posted this because I have the same hair type – I have been wondering about those Suave products! I love love love dry shampoo. My current fav is Batiste but I'll have to try suave!

26. carly wrote:

I love biolage products! I've used shampoos from the scalptherapy line for years and always have some on hand to rotate in and out!

27. Britt @Perpetually Daydreaming wrote:

Sounds like we have similar hair. Mine is so straight and does nothing but be flat. I really like the Big Sexy Hair styling products, but I don't use them on a daily basis. I'll have to try out some of these products though! I love Matrix shampoo/conditioners too.

Posted 6.18.14 Reply

I love this – I need to do more to protect my hair when heat styling but I so rarely do anything with heat that I always forget!! The Tamer spray sounds awesome!!

• Today was a good day to have a great day. ☀️ #happy #thursdaythoughts