Coveted Style: Kimonos

Top row, left to right: Medallion | Lace-Trim Floral | Lace
Bottom row, left to right: Chiffon Jacket | Grey | Art Deco Chevron

I picked up my first kimono over the weekend at TJMaxx (for a mere $15!), and I instantly fell in love. It’s not quite a cardigan or a jacket, but it instantly adds a finished, polished element to almost any outfit – even a white tee and denim shorts. The lighter, chiffon material kimonos can even be worn at the pool or beach as a bathing suit coverup – who doesn’t love a multitasking piece of clothing?!

I certainly now can understand all the hype that I’ve been hearing about and seeing lately when it comes to this new style trend. I’m certain that the kimono that I purchased will be worn to the max throughout the summer, and I hope to add a few of the above pieces to my closet in the near future.

Are you into the kimono trend for the summer?

1. You know how I feel about kimono's! Absolutely love them!!! Oh that long sheer black one may be the next one I add to the collection!

Posted 6.23.14 Reply

I am on the hunt for the perfect sheer printed kimono that I can wear in regular life and take on vacation as a beach cover up. My mum has one that I love and since she's a sewing genius she's thinking of trying to make one for me – so spoiled!

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  3. I LOVE that one – it's currently on sale, so I'm considering ordering it before it's gone. It would be perfect with a pair of black skinnies or shorts for a night out!

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  4. I definitely caught the bug now – I don't think I'll only have one in my closet for long!

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  5. They are flattering! I bought mine in a small because they run rather large.

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  6. Yes, I absolutely love that I can throw one of these on during the summer instead of a jacket or a cardigan. I thought all of these picks were great at fantastic prices.

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  7. Thanks, lady – I always have the best luck in the home section of TJMaxx, but this is the first time I've found a piece of clothing that I like.

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  8. I felt the same way, but now I can't imagine my closet without at least one. They are just so versatile.

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  9. Me too! I'm not sure how much longer I can resist. 🙂

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  10. That lace one would be perfect for the summertime, and it's such a great price.

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  11. Right?! I think I need that black chiffon jacket one, too. 🙂

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  12. Nichole wrote:

I love love love the black chiffon jacket! What an awesome deal you got on yours! TJ Maxx is always such a great stop. 🙂

Posted 6.10.14 Reply
  13. Anna James wrote:

Love these kimonos. My sister wears them all the time and I've been searching for the perfect one. My favorite is the lace one.

Posted 6.9.14 Reply
  14. Becky M wrote:

I can't wait to see what yours looks like!!

Posted 6.9.14 Reply
  15. I didn't think I would like it, but I am actually loving this kimono trend! Love your picks!

xo Kylie

Posted 6.9.14 Reply

I'm loving the style too! Good job on your $15 score girl 🙂

Posted 6.9.14 Reply
  17. carly wrote:

I love how many fun styles there are! And a nice lighter option to a sweater for summer time! Love the last three you posted!

Posted 6.9.14 Reply

Those are so cute and look so flattering!

Posted 6.9.14 Reply

Totally loving kimonos for the summer! So cute! I have two but I definitely want more!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 6.9.14 Reply

I have one really really simple one that I picked up at F21 but I really like the Art Deco Chevron one you have – so pretty!!

Posted 6.9.14 Reply

• It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft