As the weather continues to warm up here in the Midwest, I have been switching up my cooking from casseroles and slow cooker meals to lighter dishes that include fresh (and healthy!) ingredients.
The Tomato Mozzarella Caprese Panini is a gem that I came up with a few weeks ago when I was craving a Mediterranean-style meal.
Ryan was convinced that when I insisted that we register for a panini maker, we were never going to use it. I am proud to say that I have proven him wrong, and this sandwich, in my opinion, was taken to another level of delish because of said panini maker. Don’t worry – if you don’t have a panini maker, you can definitely still achieve the same effect by simply popping the sandwich in the microwave for 30 seconds!
I know that I will be making this sandwich all summer long, and with a side of fruit and a glass of milk, it is my new favorite go-to feel-good meal. Enjoy!
1 loaf of french bread
1 large tomato
1 package of fresh mozzarella
2 tbsp of olive oil
Garlic salt to taste
1. Turn on your panini maker to allow it to heat up. Meanwhile, cut two slices of french bread, one slice of tomato, and one slice of mozzarella.
2. Pour the olive oil onto a small plate. Dip one side of the bread into the oil; repeat with the other slice of bread.
3. Sprinkle the desired amount of garlic salt onto the oiled side of the bread slices, and then stack the tomato and mozzarella onto one of the slices of bread. Top with the other slice of bread (oil side down).
4. Place the sandwich on your panini maker, and cook for approximately 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove the sandwich from the panini maker. Cut the sandwich in half, and serve with a side of fruit.