The Way I Galaxy It Dress: ModCloth & Wanelo

Today, I am excited to be a part of ModCloth’s Uniquely You campaign by participating in their weekly Wanelo storyboard challenge.

I have been a fan of ModCloth for years. Even though I’ve never purchased anything from the website, it is one of my favorites to browse for inspiration. I highly recommend you browse their amazing selection of dresses

This week’s look is centered around the The Way I Galaxy It Dress. With all the weddings and other events that Ryan and I have coming up this summer and next, this dress would be a great closet staple to take me from daytime to evening. Since I typically don’t gravitate toward this type of dark and edgy pattern, I created a look around this dress that includes a feminine flair without taking away from the galaxy print.

Although the print was a little intimidating the first time I looked at it, I realized that all the colors involved are neutral enough to pair a variety of other colors and patterns with it. I chose to pair it with a pastel mint blazer and classic blush heels to lighten the overall color palette, and let’s face it – what outfit don’t I pair with a blazer?

The small shoulder-strap clutch immediately caught my eye because it was still in the blue color family I was sticking to, but the lace mixed with gold studs added an another layer of feminine edge to the overall look. I finished off the outfit with statement stud earrings that, to me, resemble the solar system, and a gold bangle stack bracelet.

Be sure to check out my Wanelo storyboard, which includes links to all the products I mentioned.

1. Thanks, girl! And, I know – that gold cuff is everything.

Posted 5.14.14 Reply
  2. Thanks, lady! Edgy is definitely not my style, so I have to girly things up whenever I can. πŸ™‚

Posted 5.14.14 Reply
  3. Thanks, girl! Definitely check it out πŸ™‚

Posted 5.14.14 Reply
  4. Right?! It's so versatile, which you wouldn't think by just initially looking at it.

Posted 5.14.14 Reply
  5. You definitely should check it out – tons of outfit inspiration!

Posted 5.14.14 Reply
  6. Thanks, girl!

Posted 5.14.14 Reply
  7. Thanks, girl! I know, after this post I may have to finally purchase one of their adorable dresses.

Posted 5.14.14 Reply

Love this! Such a cute look! I've still never bought anything from ModCloth but they have such cute items!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 5.12.14 Reply
  9. I hadn't heard of this company before but will be taking a look! I love love love the blazer added to the dress. I think the gold bracelet also adds a lot to the outfit and bringing out the feminine like you said!

Posted 5.12.14 Reply
  10. Aimee Rose wrote:

I'm like you, I've browsed it a million times, but yet to make a purchase from it! Cute ensemble!

Posted 5.12.14 Reply
  11. Cute ensemble! I've never really checked out modcloth, but I will now!

Posted 5.12.14 Reply
  12. Oh that dress is really pretty! I like how it has so many color accents so you can coordinate it with just about anything!

Posted 5.12.14 Reply

I've never really checked out their stuff but I've heard people talking about them. Now I must! Love the way you styled the dress πŸ™‚

Posted 5.12.14 Reply
  14. carly wrote:

I always see people talk about ModCloth but have never really checked out their website so I definitely will now! I love that the dress is a little more edgy but you paired it with more classic pieces!

Posted 5.12.14 Reply

That dress is so much fun and can seriously be styled so many ways! Love how you styled it!! Huge fan of the gold cuff!

Posted 5.12.14 Reply

You put together a great outfit, which would be perfect on you!

Posted 5.12.14 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney