Thankful Thursday || Memorial Day Weekend Recap

It’s that time of the week again for Thankful Thursday!

For this post, I thought I would break my trend of posting the top three things that I’m thankful for during the week and provide a recap of our Memorial Day weekend. Because honestly, that is what I’m most grateful for this week! It is a rare occasion that Ryan has four consecutive days off work, and we took full advantage of it. I’m thankful for the time we got to share together and the new memories that we made in our new city.

First off, I felt inspired to try my hand at a DIY burlap wreath.

What do you guys think? I probably didn’t need to use such a large wreath frame (I believe it is 18″), but I was eye-balling it in the store. And, those flowers are just pins, so I easily can switch out the decor with the seasons! I’m thinking about posting a tutorial on this soon.

Now onto Saturday! To start off the day, we visited the Milwaukee County Zoo.

Lucky for me, the penguins, or my people as I like to call them, the penguins were the first exhibit as we entered the zoo. I literally could watch them for hours.

Time to visit Ryan’s ancestors … the monkeys!

This zoo had more peacocks around then any other one I’ve ever visited. I’m so glad we got to see a few showing their feathers.

The zoo got more crowded and congested as the morning progressed, so I wasn’t able to shoot as many photos as I would have liked. Such is life!

Next up, we headed to downtown Milwaukee to eat and spend some time on the River Walk.

And, look who we found – the Bronze Fonz!

Sunday, we finally were able to visit our friends and their six-week old son, Elliott Atticus. Their four-year-old daughter, Maya, also is in this picture. Are they not the cutest?!

I can understand now why baby fever is a real thing. I couldn’t get enough of holding this little guy, especially while he was peacefully sleeping. I simply cannot wait until (hopefully!) Ryan and I are blessed to have our own nugget around. However, in the meantime, I’ll enjoy handing the baby back to the parents when it gets fussy.

Monday was our most relaxing day of the whole holiday weekend. We got some chores done around the house, and we were able to fire up our new Weber grill for the first time! Ryan is the grill master around the house, so he is thrilled to be back at it for the summer and to finally have a “grown-up” grill. Our burgers were delicious!

And, that’s it folks!

What are you thankful for this week? Be sure to tell me in the comments and link up with the girls!

1. Maya McDonald wrote:

It sounds like you had an amazing weekend! You covered off on so many good things all in 3 days 🙂 xx

Posted 5.30.14 Reply
  2. You guys look good with a baby 😉 Haha sounds like the perfect weekend and beautiful weather! I was loving following along on Instagram!

Posted 5.30.14 Reply
  3. Awww what a lovely sounding weekend! I am sure it was so great to have 4 days with Ryan! I absolutely adore the zoo! I have hopes to go to ours soon!:) that wreath is very cute! I like that you can change it with the seasons if you want!!

4. Rachel G wrote:

Oh man, my husband would be jealous of that grill! He's always eyeing the Webers at the store, haha!

Posted 5.29.14 Reply
  5. Ha ha, yes, I have redesigned my blog! Some of the elements are still a work in progress, but overall I'm much happier with the way it looks now. I just get bored with things and decide to redesign on a whim! And, thanks for your sweet comments on the wreath – all the tutorials that I read beforehand said it should take like 20 minutes; yeah, it took me more like 2 hours.

Posted 5.29.14 Reply
  6. Thanks, girl! Yes, those peacocks sure are gorgeous.

Posted 5.29.14 Reply
  7. I'm sure the zoo was extra busy since we went Saturday during a holiday weekend, and the weather was extra gorgeous. Oh well! It didn't ruin any of the fun. 🙂

Posted 5.29.14 Reply
  8. Thanks, girl! I used to be able to do my hair like that free-form when it was longer, but I am back to using my bun sponge since my hair is shorter and heavily layered right now. It does the trick!

Posted 5.29.14 Reply
  9. Absolutely! I am hoping to get the wreath tutorial up maybe next week. And, thank you for all your sweet comments! It definitely was a great weekend. 🙂

Posted 5.29.14 Reply
  10. Wasn't it so nice?! I'm glad I'm not the only one that enjoyed the time with her hubby!

11. Becky M wrote:

Love your burlap wreath!! So stinking cute!!

12. Aimee Rose wrote:

Looks like you had a great weekend! Love the burlap wreath, I don't think it's too big. I was thankful for the 3 day weekend and extra time to spend with my husband!

13. carly wrote:

YES! To a wreath tutorial if you have time! I love how that turned out and such a good idea to make it so you can change out the accessories for the season! I think I'm going to put a wreath on my summer to-do list! Loving all your zoo pictures and the ones of you guys with the Bronze Fonz! What sweet pictures with your friends little kids! I love your flag scarf & your white bag from the other pictures! Hooray for a new grill!

Posted 5.29.14 Reply

Looks like a perfect weekend!! I love the zoo! Your wreath is awesome, good job 🙂 Love your hair in a bun like that.

Posted 5.29.14 Reply

LOVE that wreath! So cute! And I love the Milwaukee Zoo! The penguins are so cute!! When I was there it wasn't very busy so I loved that too. I don't know if it's always like that but it was nice not having crowds at every exhibit!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

16. Abby wrote:

that peacock shot is amazing – like woah! It sounds like you had a lovely weekend though!

Abby

Posted 5.29.14 Reply

So glad you guys had such a fun weekend together – you deserved it! I'm just thankful to be home!

Posted 5.29.14 Reply

First off – did I totally miss it and you redesigned your blog?! Love the new layout!! If not sorry and I feel dumb…. Looks like you had a perfect memorial day weekend! I haven't been to the zoo in years and they are so much fun!! Great job on the burlap wreath – you did awesome!