High Five for Friday

Can I get a hip-hip-hooray for Friday?

I don’t think the sun has come out once this week, so I am going a bit stir crazy. I know it’s spring and that it’s supposed to rain, but it could at least be warm and sunny while it rains! Is that too much to ask for, Mother Nature? Sheesh.

Anyways, wherever you are and whatever your plans are for the weekend, I hope you have fun! Let’s jump into my recap of the week.

1. I am headed to St. Louis, Mo., today with Becky (right) to visit Breann (left) for the weekend! Her 25th birthday is today, so we have a fun night out-on-the-town planned for tonight and then some St. Louis sightseeing and activities the rest of the weekend. I can’t wait to be with my friends and for some much-needed girl time.

2. I finally got around to decorating our mantel this week, and I am thrilled with the final result! I have been itching to have wedding pictures on display in the house somewhere other than our master bedroom, so it makes my heart full to walk into the living room and see the frames. Also, that sunburst mirror? It was a steal at $33 from Home Depot – who would have thought?!

3. I had a very long and stressful day a few days ago, so a big glass of wine and a Chicago Blackhawks win was exactly what I needed to lift my spirits.

4. To break out of my Mac & Cheese rut, I made myself one of my favorite and easiest meals for dinner on one of Ryan’s work night’s – Pesto Feta Pasta. It’s so light and packed with flavor. I will be posting the recipe Tuesday, so be sure to check back!

5. Last but not least … can you guess where I’m sitting in this picture? Details coming soon!

Linking up with:

1. 5.2.14
    Shelby Hanchey said:

Love your Home Depot find. Score! Have a fun weekend. And thank goodness for wine after long days πŸ™‚

2. 5.2.14

Hip Hip Hooray for Friday! I've been married almost 2 years now and I don't think we'll ever get around to hanging our wedding pictures.

3. 5.2.14
    joanna said:

Love what you did to your mantel! And Home Depot never ceases to surprise me with their home decor! I cannot wait for your pasta recipe. It looks delish!
    Found you via High Five for Friday. Would love if you stopped by my blog!
    belovedjarofclay.blogspot.com

4. 5.2.14

Your mantel looks fabulous, I love that mirror!

5. 5.2.14
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

You're a tease with that vanity! My eyes went straight to the cupcakes in the first pic haha. Have a great weekend πŸ™‚

6. 5.2.14
    carly said:

I'm the person that would spot the delicious looking cupcakes in the first picture even though they have nothing to do with this post. LOL! It sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead with your friends! I love the sunburst mirror! I would have never thought to look at Home Depot for something like that! Also, can't wait to see the finished vanity– I love the crystal knobs!

7. 5.2.14

Oh I love that mirror! Oh and your nail color with your wine drinking I need details it's so pretty! Thanks for linking up!!! xoxoxo

8. 5.2.14

I love your mantel! I need to decorate mine. πŸ™‚ Have a safe trip!

9. 5.2.14

Have fun on your trip, can't wit to see how that vanity turned out!

10. 5.2.14
    Kristen Warren said:

mmm that wine looks fabulous! and i am love love loving the mantel, what a great find on the mirror!

11. 5.2.14
    MorganCMiller said:

hgave a good weekend, stay safe!! http://sn.im/28vcf12

12. 5.2.14
    Debra Stachelski said:

Have a fun weekend, you deserve it!

13. 5.2.14
    Biana Perez said:

I'm still loving that nail polish color!! Hope you have the best time for your girls weekend and I love the starburst mirror on your mantle!! Happy Weekend!

14. 5.2.14

Yay for girls weekend! The mantle looks amazing and so does that pasta dish! Can't wait for the recipe! Happy Friday πŸ™‚

15. 5.2.14
    Krystal R. said:

Your mantle looks great and girl I could take that wine right out of your hand!