Baked Ziti

Baked spaghetti, or spaghetti pie as we typically call it, is a staple in our household. Ryan loves it. I love it. It’s easy, it can be adapted several different ways, and it yields leftovers for days. What’s not to love?

It an attempt to shake things up and try a different variation from the recipe I normally use for baked pasta, I came across Iowa Girl Eats’ recipe for Baked Ziti. I thought it was fun how she uses bowtie pasta instead of penne or regular spaghetti, and she claims it is a copycat recipe for Sbarro’s baked ziti. While I can’t attest to that claim, I can tell you how delicious this was!

I followed Kristin’s recipe to a tee, but you easily can adjust the amount of ingredients (or even add more!) depending on your taste preferences. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
12oz (1 box) bowtie pasta
3/4lb 90/10 ground beef
garlic salt
pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
1 jar marinara sauce

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Cook pasta in boiling, salted water
until just under al dente (it will continue to cook in the oven.) Drain
and return to the pot.

2. Meanwhile, season ground beef with garlic salt & pepper and
brown in a pan over medium-high heat. Drain and add to the pasta.

3. Add 1 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and marinara sauce to the pasta and beef. Mix to combine.

4. Pour into a non-stick sprayed 9Γ—13β€³ pan and top with remaining cheeses.

5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top.

What is a staple recipe in your home?

1. Aimee Rose wrote:

Sounds yummy and an easy way to mix up traditional spaghetti!

Posted 5.21.14 Reply
  2. I just had baked spaghetti last night! That and baked lasagna are definietly a staple in my house!

Posted 5.21.14 Reply
  3. That looks amazing and I think I could get Mark to eat it πŸ˜‰ Staples in my house are like anything asian themed…..lots of stir fry variations hahahha

Posted 5.21.14 Reply
  4. Right? I don't know why bow tie pasta tastes that much better. πŸ™‚

Posted 5.21.14 Reply
  5. I had forgotten all about Sbarro! Love that place! This looks delicious and I like that it uses bowtie noodles – those are my fave πŸ™‚

Posted 5.20.14 Reply
  6. Let me know if you try it!

Posted 5.20.14 Reply
  7. It's a great dinner, and you'll literally have leftovers for days.

Posted 5.20.14 Reply
  8. My husband and I love chicken parmesan! I haven't made that in quite a while – now you've inspired me.

Posted 5.20.14 Reply
  9. Yes! It's such an easy recipe.

Posted 5.20.14 Reply
  10. Absolutely! I could eat pasta every night of the week if it was healthy to do so.

Posted 5.20.14 Reply
  11. Right?! It's not like it tastes any different, but I loved the new element of bow tie pasta in this recipe. So yummy!

And, thanks girl! It's a work in progress. πŸ™‚

12. carly wrote:

YUM! I never thought to use bow tie pasta in something like this but it looks amazing!

Also, I like your new header & sidebar photo!

Posted 5.20.14 Reply

YUM! I think I need to make a pasta dish this week πŸ™‚

Posted 5.20.14 Reply

YUMMMM! I used to make baked ziti all the time and now I haven't made it in like a year! I'm going to have to make it again soon!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 5.20.14 Reply

It's too early for my mouth to be watering lol!! I love this – my staple is definitely a chicken parm recipe that we try to make bi-weekly lol!

16. jillian wrote:

ooo this sounds go good! great dinner idea! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

17. Becky M wrote:

YUM! I am saving this for later – thanks so much for sharing it!

Posted 5.20.14 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney